The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old September 23rd, 2010   Sentinel119 is offline   #1
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

Default Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #3

Before I go on about the negatives of this book/story let me say that it is a great story that reminds me of Captain Britain. That said, I feel that this was a leftover Excalibur story that Ellis just retooled to fit with the Astonishing X-Men. It seems like Emma should be Rachel, Cyclops should be either Nightcrawler, Storm should be Meggan, Wolverine should by Kylun, and Beast should be Captain Britain. I wish I could have seen this story with those characters. It would have been so much better.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old October 1st, 2010   curiouswanderer is offline   #2
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

I haven't been very impressed with this series at all. Even this issue the art just really took a downhill turn. An interesting idea that's playing out rather tamely.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old October 1st, 2010   Sentinel119 is offline   #3
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

I haven't been very impressed with this series at all. Even this issue the art just really took a downhill turn. An interesting idea that's playing out rather tamely.
ddf
curiouswanderer View Post
I think that the problem is due to it being a repackaged idea.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right