The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old September 25th, 2009   Sean McKeever is offline   #1
Sean McKeever
professional

Default Ravager update, conventions, etc....

Hey, all!

Just wanted you to know that the Ravager serial will be bowing out of TT 77 & 78 to make room for Blackest Night (and Ravager in the main story)! Yildiray and I will be back in 79 for part 6 of "Fresh Hell", which as of a few months ago was reconfigured into a 9-part story.

Really enjoyed Miller's arc on the book and looking forward to Henderson's take.

If you're going to Mid-Ohio-Con next week, or Baltimore Comic-Con the next week, drop by and say hi!

-Sean

Old September 25th, 2009   therealssjlink is offline   #2
therealssjlink
Master Geoffan

Just wanted you to know that the Ravager serial will be bowing out of TT 77 & 78 to make room for Blackest Night (and Ravager in the main story)! Yildiray and I will be back in 79 for part 6 of "Fresh Hell", which as of a few months ago was reconfigured into a 9-part story.
ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
I actually didn't even think about this at all when I was reading those solicitations. Makes sense, though. Now it makes me wonder about the other titles with co-features too...

"I have no fear of failure."

May 2010
Old September 25th, 2009   Wally West888 is offline   #3
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Any reason why it was reconfigured into a 9-Part story? that just seems a little long even with it being a co-feature.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old September 25th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #4
Bill Walko
Comrade

Thanks for the update, Sean. Really enjoying "Fresh Hell" and NOMAD!

I'm a little sad it went from 12-parts to 9-parts, but at least we get a 2-part Deathstroke/Rose story by JT Krul in trade.

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old September 25th, 2009   Spenser for Hire is offline   #5
Spenser for Hire
Comic Reader Since 1977

I will stop by and see you in Baltimore Sean. Really enjoying the Ravager feature.

Spenser with an s.... like the poet.

Grimjack is the man Wolverine wishes he could be.
Old September 25th, 2009   Sean McKeever is offline   #6
Sean McKeever
professional

Any reason why it was reconfigured into a 9-Part story? that just seems a little long even with it being a co-feature.
ddf
Wally West888 View Post
My understanding is DC got skittish about committing to that length, so I was asked to cut out as much as I could starting with part 5. Have no fear--it's still the same story and Yildiray is still kicking ass.

Old September 25th, 2009   stephbarton v.2 is offline   #7
stephbarton v.2
You can't see me...

Hey, all!

ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
Figured as much when I didn't see your names in the solicts, it's pretty exciting to see Ravager will be getting back into the full main book as I really miss her interacting with the other Titans (wonder if we will see her reaction to Eddie).

Anyways, loving the back-up, Yildiray's art is really phenomenal and Ravager is such a great character, especially under your pen.

Originally stephbarton (hence the v.2)
Old September 25th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #8
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

My understanding is DC got skittish about committing to that length, so I was asked to cut out as much as I could starting with part 5. Have no fear--it's still the same story and Yildiray is still kicking ass.
ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
Just so long as none of the butt kicking or character development got sacrificed, all is well with me.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old September 25th, 2009   Voxmaster is offline   #9
Voxmaster

should I raise the hope that we may see the Red Devil coming back alive during the 9-part story arc?

and Kid Eternity, too?

Old September 28th, 2009   Astro is offline   #10
Astro
Geoffan

With the latest 10 questions/1 answer from Didio we have this...

Nrama: The last time we talked, you told us there will be a second feature in one of the books for younger magic characters. Will the Shadowpact characters be involved in that? Or is there anything else you can tell us about it?

DiDio: No, it's not Shadowpact. It's another new concept that we'll be introducing in one of the comics. It will be replacing one of the co-features that we have right now.

Does anyone think it could be replacing the Ravager backup? Where else would a 'young magic' team really fit but in a Teen Titans book, especially with Traci 13 appearing as a supporting character in Teen Titans?

Old September 28th, 2009   JRM is offline   #11
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

With the latest 10 questions/1 answer from Didio we have this...

Nrama: The last time we talked, you told us there will be a second feature in one of the books for younger magic characters. Will the Shadowpact characters be involved in that? Or is there anything else you can tell us about it?

DiDio: No, it's not Shadowpact. It's another new concept that we'll be introducing in one of the comics. It will be replacing one of the co-features that we have right now.

Does anyone think it could be replacing the Ravager backup? Where else would a 'young magic' team really fit but in a Teen Titans book, especially with Traci 13 appearing as a supporting character in Teen Titans?
ddf
Astro View Post
I hope something like this is the co-feature in the up-coming Zatanna book. Much better fit.

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old September 28th, 2009   stephbarton v.2 is offline   #12
stephbarton v.2
You can't see me...

I hope something like this is the co-feature in the up-coming Zatanna book. Much better fit.

Jim
ddf
JRM View Post
Yeah, if Ravager gets booted from TT I'm dropping that book. What they did to Eddie made me care less about the book than before. But he does say one of the co-features is getting replaced, so I doubt it will be a new book.

Originally stephbarton (hence the v.2)
Old September 28th, 2009   Frankenstein is offline   #13
Frankenstein
Keyboard Warrior

Will the 9 part Ravager story eventually get collected? I'd prefer to read it in that format.

The best comics-related reviews on YouTube!

http://http://www.youtube.com/user/KapowComicBookShow