The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Justice League

Old March 9th, 2009   Kyle Sing is offline   #1
Kyle Sing
Geoffan

Default SPOILERS: Justice League of America #34

Below is a link of Ed Benes' cover of Justice League of America #34.

Don't click on it if you don't want to spoil things for yourself.

Ok, you've been warned.

http://www.edbenesart.com/images/RH/JLA.34.COVER.jpg

Is this part of the new line-up? If so, its pretty damn cool...especially with Ed Benes at the pencilling helm! I hope he is back on interiors as well!

In Brightest Day,

Kyle

"Sweety, we beat Hitler." -Jay Garrick to Dream Girl in The Lightning Saga
Old March 9th, 2009   JME2 is offline   #2
JME2
Geoffan

Meh. With all due respect to McDuffie and the Milestone characters, I go into JLA expecting to see the heavy hitters and top guns. Populating it with second and third stringers sometimes works, but more often that not, it doesn't. I wish McDuffie wouldn't have to keep shuffling the team around because of the event of the month. Nice depiction of John Stewart though.

Old March 9th, 2009   Argent is offline   #3
Argent*
Puppet Headed Horseman

That group looks interesting. The cover is doing its job - I want to see the inside of that book and see what the story is.

It's not just a podcast, it's a GEEK TRAGEDY!
Old March 9th, 2009   Astro is offline   #4
Astro
Geoffan

If that's the full line up, I can't say I'm overly thrilled.

I like Stewart, Firestorm, Hardware, and Dr. Light. I have no desire to see either Vixen or Icon on the team. Zatanna should be on the team. Black Canary should be on the team. One of the Flashes should be on the team. Red Tornado should be back on the team, if only because we need more old school JLA members.

Old March 10th, 2009   E-MAC is offline   #5
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

Robinson's JLA can't get an ongoing but they drop this line up for the current JLA book at this point I just have to laugh.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Old March 10th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #6
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Gonna be honest, I like Icon's look except for the black things around his eyes.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old March 10th, 2009   royfan is offline   #7
royfan
Geoffan

I sure hope that isn't the whole team. I've got zero interest in most of those characters.

Old March 10th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #8
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

http://www.edbenesart.com/images/RH/JLA.34.COVER.jpg

Is this part of the new line-up? If so, its pretty damn cool...especially with Ed Benes at the pencilling helm! I hope he is back on interiors as well!
ddf
Kyle Sing View Post
Looks cool to me! I'm really fond of Icon and Hardware so having them on the team, especially in the absence of Batman and Superman, is cool by me.

I'm pleased to see John Stewart and Firestorm are sticking around too.

Clearly this isn't the full line up though as there are only six members on that cover so I expect we'll see Black Canary, Red Tornado and a Flash, amongst other characters, fill out the rest of the spots on the League.

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old March 10th, 2009   royfan is offline   #9
royfan
Geoffan

Clearly this isn't the full line up though as there are only six members on that cover so I expect we'll see Black Canary, Red Tornado and a Flash, amongst other characters, fill out the rest of the spots on the League.
ddf
oddballuk View Post
Although I thought I read a comment by Dwayne that the team would be getting much smaller, or that he wanted it to be smaller...or somthing..Gah! I've Googled forever and can't find where I read it.

Oh well, whatever will be will be. I'd rather not so much of a drastic change in the lineup but I'll give the new team a couple of arcs to grow on me. I have no interest now but who knows in a couple months time.

Old March 10th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #10
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

I like it except Hardware. I'll assume more members will pop up though.

Old March 10th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #11
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

Although I thought I read a comment by Dwayne that the team would be getting much smaller, or that he wanted it to be smaller...or somthing..Gah! I've Googled forever and can't find where I read it.

Oh well, whatever will be will be. I'd rather not so much of a drastic change in the lineup but I'll give the new team a couple of arcs to grow on me. I have no interest now but who knows in a couple months time.
ddf
royfan View Post
If you're right and the team is alot smaller then I think the team will be an interesting one but then i'm quite fond of the Milestone characters.

Also, if this is the final team, then it's likely to raise quite a few eyebrows as none of the members are white! That doesn't matter to me though and I hope the reaction to the team will be mostly positive.

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old March 10th, 2009   Staredcraft is offline   #12
Staredcraft
Geoffan

Meh. With all due respect to McDuffie and the Milestone characters, I go into JLA expecting to see the heavy hitters and top guns. Populating it with second and third stringers sometimes works, but more often that not, it doesn't. I wish McDuffie wouldn't have to keep shuffling the team around because of the event of the month. Nice depiction of John Stewart though.
ddf
JME2 View Post
Well he can't help it now that FInal Crisis is over and the Trinity especiallyis gone. So cut him some slack with doing what he can (and in a way this is a lot like Giffen's justice league in that back then they weren't allowed any of hte big three at the time either)

Old March 10th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #13
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

Well he can't help it now that Final Crisis is over and the Trinity especially is gone. So cut him some slack with doing what he can (and in a way this is a lot like Giffen's justice league in that back then they weren't allowed any of the big three at the time either)
ddf
Staredcraft View Post
This is true. A lack of the Trinity, or other recognisable heavy hitters doesn't mean the team and book won't be a great team or a great read.

- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old March 10th, 2009   Wilder Midnight2 is offline   #14
Wilder Midnight2
dandelion

this is the justice league. even if this is the final line up...it's never a final line up and will soon change as it always does. give these guys their chance too.

Old March 10th, 2009   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #15
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

Assumption made: Check
Complaint issued about Assumption: Check

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old March 10th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #16
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

Assumption made: Check
Complaint issued about Assumption: Check
ddf
Jeffrey Neary View Post

- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews