The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old February 6th, 2009   Kal-L is offline   #1
Kal-L

Default Nightwing and Flamebird are...

Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown.

Tim's using some tech based on Conner's powers, and Stephanie's wearing a wig. Both have flight suits or rings or some such.

Discuss.

\S/

Old February 6th, 2009   MattDiCarlo is offline   #2
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

The "Bat Office" would never give them up.

Well, they'd give Steph up for Linda Danvers, Cir-El, and Lena Luthor, but they'd have to throw in Bette Kane too.

Old February 6th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #3
jafabian
Cap who?

I think Nightwing is SB Prime, redeemed.

Old February 6th, 2009   KevinTBrown is offline   #4
KevinTBrown
My give a damn's busted

I think Nightwing is SB Prime, redeemed.
ddf
jafabian View Post
Now THAT would be cool.

I doubt that's who it really is, but it is a cool idea.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

KTB is right...
ddf
Mackaybear
Old February 6th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #5
jafabian
Cap who?

Just can't figure out who Flamebird might be. Maybe the Matrix/Linda Danvers Supergirl.

Old February 7th, 2009   curiouswanderer is offline   #6
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

With the Adventure Comics Origins & Omens, I'm beginning to think that Nightwing is actually Chris.
I would love for Flamebird to be Linda...but somehow I kind of doubt it with what all has been going on in Reign In Hell.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old February 7th, 2009   KONELVELI is offline   #7
KONELVELI*
Kon's back!

Arrow How..

With the Adventure Comics Origins & Omens, I'm beginning to think that Nightwing is actually Chris.
I would love for Flamebird to be Linda...but somehow I kind of doubt it with what all has been going on in Reign In Hell.
ddf
curiouswanderer View Post
None of the other hero's listed has "Tactile Telekenesis" I still think its Kon-el
and Linda Danvers.
or at least I hope

I collect Superman/ Superboy action figures
and anything Jose Canseco
Old February 7th, 2009   SageShinigami is offline   #8
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

Tim's using some tech based on Conner's powers, and Stephanie's wearing a wig. Both have flight suits or rings or some such.

Discuss.

\S/
ddf
Kal-L View Post
Where'd they get the tech from? I realize Greg has a special coming out to explain how Nightwing and Flamebird got where they are, but its a special, not a mini-series.

And why, in the midst of ALL the stuff going on in the Bat-world, would they say screw off to Gotham to play in Metropolis?

It SHOULD be Conner and Linda, but getting both of them would be too awesome for one comic, I think. (Maybe Greg can handle it, though.)

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.
Old February 7th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #9
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

ddf
curiouswanderer View Post
I agree on Nightwing being Chris especially since Ursa is supposed to play a big part in Action Comics this year too.

I think it will be Chris/Nightwing versus Mommy Dearest!

Not sure yet on where the tactile tele-kinesis comes from unless its tech in the suit.

I also don't have any real clue now who Flamebird is. I don't think its Linda Danvers and I had wondered if it was the PZH-era Legionnaire Inferno who is still in the present day but now i'm less certain.

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old February 7th, 2009   Ryan Higgins is offline   #10
Ryan Higgins
Geoffan

Discuss.

\S/
ddf
Kal-L View Post
That's been my thought for a while.

Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
408-245-6275
ryan@comicsconspiracy.biz
Old February 7th, 2009   heffison is offline   #11
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I agree on Nightwing being Chris especially since Ursa is supposed to play a big part in Action Comics this year too.

I think it will be Chris/Nightwing versus Mommy Dearest!

Not sure yet on where the tactile tele-kinesis comes from unless its tech in the suit.
ddf
oddballuk View Post
New Nightwing did say that he had "natural" tactile telekinesis as opposed to the "technological" guns he dismantled. Tim, or anyone else, using tech in a suit wouldn't fit. Now, if Tim's messing with Conner's DNA for cloning purposes led to him getting some of it in himself and giving himself a biological tk ability, it could fit. That's quite a stretch, though, and Tim seems to be doomed to Battle for the Cowl anyway.

I'm still hoping for Conner and bracing myself for Chris.

Old February 8th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #12
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

I think that Nightwing is a some how age to that of a teen Lor-Zod/"Chris Kent" and that Flamebird is possibly Linda Danvers. *Crosses fingers VERY tightly at the same time praying to God for the last bit to at least come to be*

Lover of all things Supergirl!
Old February 8th, 2009   heffison is offline   #13
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I think that Nightwing is a some how age to that of a teen Lor-Zod/"Chris Kent" and that Flamebird is possibly Linda Danvers. *Crosses fingers VERY tightly at the same time praying to God for the last bit to at least come to be*
ddf
Zal-Ta View Post
It seems kind of odd that we haven't had the blatant teases about Flamebird's identity that we have with Nightwing. DC certainly wanted us to suspect that it is Conner in the Nightwing suit, but they haven't been pushing us very hard in any direction for Flamebird. I wonder if that is a sign she is a less-recognizable character so there weren't any obvious teases they could give us. Or, as packed as New Krypton was, maybe they just couldn't spare a panel to point to Linda Danvers.

Old February 8th, 2009   Wally West888 is offline   #14
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Nightwing is either Tim, Chris or Clark Prime because he is not Conner I don't think he is.

Flamebird I think is Linda because it'd be good to get her back into the DCU.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old February 9th, 2009   stephens2177 is offline   #15
stephens2177
persona non grata

my theory--nightwing is conner,black lantern will be conner,adventure comics coverboy is conner,next big comeback in lo3w will be conner.

scar the guardian in omens and origins who is with the black lanterns was confused,but implied could control and would have conner,and i think scar will,present day conner is dead,and will have a black zombie ring on his finger.i think the legion brings conner back somehow,sends him to the present where he is nightwing,as a secret,then he comes out of hiding and proudly flies free as conner kent in adventure comics,and later we will have conner and dead conner face off.
what do u think of that?do u think its possible?

Old February 9th, 2009   SageShinigami is offline   #16
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

my theory--nightwing is conner,black lantern will be conner,adventure comics coverboy is conner,next big comeback in lo3w will be conner.

scar the guardian in omens and origins who is with the black lanterns was confused,but implied could control and would have conner,and i think scar will,present day conner is dead,and will have a black zombie ring on his finger.i think the legion brings conner back somehow,sends him to the present where he is nightwing,as a secret,then he comes out of hiding and proudly flies free as conner kent in adventure comics,and later we will have conner and dead conner face off.
what do u think of that?do u think its possible?
ddf
stephens2177 View Post
I think its possible. I don't think its very likely, but its a theory I've been playing with in my head. Glad I'm not the only one thinking it.

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.