The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2009   Ian Larsen is offline   #17
Ian Larsen
Like Lightning.

I did.

"Dear Dan,

Even though I'm worried about my favorite Flash, Wally West, I am nevertheless looking forward to Flash: Rebirth more than any other book on the DC horizon for 2009, especially with the same creative team that turned Green Lantern into one of my favorite characters, and the same writer who, along with Mark Waid, made Wally my favorite Flash in the first place. My only question is, why was Moose Baumann taken off the project? He has done such great work for DC in the past, especially with this particular writer and artist and, given the bright and colorful pallet the Flash has to offer, I think he could to some amazing work. What's the deal on my favorite colorist, Big D?

Thanks,
Ian Larsen"

Caution: Rambling in Progress.
Old January 17th, 2009   Director of Everything is offline   #18
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

I doubt this is a finished piece, but still... a precursor to what we're getting instead:

It's not too bad, the colors're bright and all. But... come on, we all know what this SHOULD'VE looked like.

The end.

Believe it or not, I LOVE COMICS!!! and it's only hard to tell because I know that they can be and SHOULD BE better.
Old January 17th, 2009   Lee H is offline   #19
Lee H
Geoffan

The difference is like night and day. Weak sauce DC, weak sauce.

Old January 18th, 2009   Mooseman is offline   #20
Mooseman
Free Agent

Wow.

Folks, I really appreciate the outpouring of love here. I'm a little surprised by it, but thankful just the same.

To be fair, being booted from Flash was a blessing, and seems to have benefited everyone. Nobody involved really wanted me on the project, and I'm certainly not one to overstay my welcome. I just wish someone, anyone, at DC had enough testosterone to inform me personally. Finding out third-hand was pretty uncool.

Geoff and Ethan have been working their a$$es off on this book for nearly a year. I'm sure by now they're deep into issue 4, if not issue 5 already. I have no doubt that the entire series is scripted by now and that Alex Sinclair (who I respect the hell out of, and no doubt will do a terrific job) is busting his a$$ trying to keep up with Ethan. DC has pushed the release of this thing back several times, I'm sure to get the entire series in the can before the first issue ships, in an attempt to avoid the same issues that plagued GL: Rebirth.

So. Cut everyone some slack and be sure to pick up the book. 'Kay?

Old January 18th, 2009   chamalkan is offline   #21
chamalkan

To be fair, being booted from Flash was a blessing, and seems to have benefited everyone. Nobody involved really wanted me on the project,
ddf
Mooseman View Post
I don't believe that. If there was NOBODY who wanted you on that project, you wouldn't have been on it in the first place.
I'm sure that there was an effort made by someone to get you on that project (since you were gone from DC for a while.)

And ofcourse I'll be picking up the book

Old January 18th, 2009   Director of Everything is offline   #22
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

Well Moose, WE, or at least I, wanted you on the project. But you're always a cool cat and stand up guy, so if you give the thumbs up, I'll sit back and stay excited for this sucker.

Hope things're good in your world and that wherever you go next treats you well.

Believe it or not, I LOVE COMICS!!! and it's only hard to tell because I know that they can be and SHOULD BE better.
Old January 18th, 2009   Ian Larsen is offline   #23
Ian Larsen
Like Lightning.

Class act.

Moose, can I ask what's next for you?

I would really like to see you on something major. You deserve it.

[just realized I made a typo in my question "to" should = "do" .... DOH!]

Caution: Rambling in Progress.
Old January 19th, 2009   Ethan Van Sciver is offline   #24
Ethan Van Sciver

It's an outrage!

Old January 19th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #25
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

Wow.

Folks, I really appreciate the outpouring of love here. I'm a little surprised by it, but thankful just the same.

To be fair, being booted from Flash was a blessing, and seems to have benefited everyone. Nobody involved really wanted me on the project, and I'm certainly not one to overstay my welcome. I just wish someone, anyone, at DC had enough testosterone to inform me personally. Finding out third-hand was pretty uncool.

Geoff and Ethan have been working their a$$es off on this book for nearly a year. I'm sure by now they're deep into issue 4, if not issue 5 already. I have no doubt that the entire series is scripted by now and that Alex Sinclair (who I respect the hell out of, and no doubt will do a terrific job) is busting his a$$ trying to keep up with Ethan. DC has pushed the release of this thing back several times, I'm sure to get the entire series in the can before the first issue ships, in an attempt to avoid the same issues that plagued GL: Rebirth.

So. Cut everyone some slack and be sure to pick up the book. 'Kay?
ddf
Mooseman View Post
I'll certainly be picking up the book. Geoff and Ethan are two talents whom I respect greatly and The Flash family is one of my favorites in all of comicdom.

I am very sorry though that you won't be a part of it and am certain I would disapprove of whatever reason it was that caused your involvement in it to end.

I hope the best for your future endeavors and hope DC realise that they are losing out on a great talent.

It's an outrage!
ddf
Ethan Van Sciver View Post
It is sir. Maybe I imagine you slamming a mug of ale down hard in your outrage?

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old January 19th, 2009   Mooseman is offline   #26
Mooseman
Free Agent

I don't believe that. If there was NOBODY who wanted you on that project, you wouldn't have been on it in the first place.
ddf
chamalkan View Post
You're absolutely right. I shouldn't be so quick to lump my good friends in with everyone else. My bad.

It's an outrage!
ddf
Not sure why you say that, you should be thrilled. Sinclair is a terrific colorist, just look at that cover. It's bad-a$$. And more important, Didio loves him. Everybody should be pleased.

Old January 19th, 2009   Kiryu is offline   #27
Kiryu
persona non grata

@Moose

I'm not even picking this up but the difference between your colors and the new ones is like night and day. You did an amazing job and its a shame you're off the book because damn does that first teaser look pretty.

Hope to see more of your work soon.

Old January 20th, 2009   Ethan Van Sciver is offline   #28
Ethan Van Sciver

You're absolutely right. I shouldn't be so quick to lump my good friends in with everyone else. My bad.

Not sure why you say that, you should be thrilled. Sinclair is a terrific colorist, just look at that cover. It's bad-a$$. And more important, Didio loves him. Everybody should be pleased.
ddf
Mooseman View Post
We're pleased, but really would have liked to have you along. You're just very busy with projects for IMAGE and IDW and who knows who else, and you've become a hot commodity.

The book will still be pretty great, and Alex Sinclair is a top colorist, but everyone will miss your work.

Old January 20th, 2009   Mooseman is offline   #29
Mooseman
Free Agent

...You're just very busy with projects for IMAGE and IDW and who knows who else...
ddf
Well, a guy's got to have priorities.

Old January 21st, 2009   Ethan Van Sciver is offline   #30
Ethan Van Sciver

Well, a guy's got to have priorities.
ddf
Mooseman View Post
And you made those clear to me. We'll soldier on without you, my friend.

Old January 21st, 2009   Firestarter15 is offline   #31
Firestarter15

Long Live Moose!!!!!

“He must face his ultimate opposite. A man who has lost his pride, confidence and identity to tragedy."
--Zoom II
Old January 21st, 2009   slevin is offline   #32
slevin
Half animal, part party m

And you made those clear to me. We'll soldier on without you, my friend.
ddf
in what way did he?

the man with no name
Closed Thread