The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 19th, 2008   Holiday is offline   #1
Holiday
White Pawn

Default The Crime Bible Translations

Well, since my brother has been bothering me about it, I will be reposting the Crime Bible Translations since the Question will be appearing in the Final Crisis main series and the Crime Bible plays a role in the story too. I hope it adds more to the story and you enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the words of Lilith (6:6-13) - These are the words of Lilith who divined that which was that which would be who made seen all things hidden and who did counsel the First all bow before him and was equal in all things to him and who laid waste the lands of the Righteous:

Verse 6: Behold the vile person will speak villainy and his heart will work iniquity to practice the four to make empty the soul of the hungry and cause the drink of the thirsty to fail and for this shall he be most praised.

Verse 7: In devotion shall come one with fists like unto stone who strips flesh from bone and who leadeth them of his kind that also serve the First bow before him and following in all things the high madame of his teachings.

Verse 8: Tremble for there shall come a time when the Faithless will out the prophet from the city of the foolish and wise and then shall the high madame be lost to us and the followers of the First bow before him will lack for guidance and be as lost as he in his wanderings.

Verse 9: Then shall he who strips flesh from bone go forth from the abandoned shore to seek another to prepare the way for that darkness to come and so shall pass on the knowing of the Four to the Faithless and her countenance will be as a scoured bone devoid of feature and empty and in it all questions will be writ.

Verse 10: And the Faithless will come to know each Lesson in turn and thus come to know the ways and words of Cain bow before him and be thus changed by them and the devoted of the kind will look upon her and see her for a sign of the darkness ascending for she will turn the Fourth Lesson upon he who strips flesh from bone and lay him low.

Verse 11: And then shall her vision become clear and she who was Faithless will come to know her slavery and see now her freedom and the devoted of the abandoned shore shall fall on knee before her and gaze her countenance themselves and see their most-praise villainy;

Verse 12: Then shall they call out to her and call her face-less and offer he of the First bow before him at her command, and thus shall she take a new faith, in service of Cain and bow before him.

Verse 13: So shall the face-less lead them and fear up the devoted and herald the coming of the last high madame upon the world, and the gods once new, now old will see the sign and know the time of their reckoning is come.

"Has the world become too fast for you?

Nope, the world is finally catching up." -Barry Allen
Old May 19th, 2008   Holiday is offline   #2
Holiday
White Pawn

While the translations basically show the overall movement of the story from the time when Renee ends Intergang's movement into Gotham through the mini to the start of Final Crisis. The part that really gets me thinking is the last verse when it states that Renee will lead the Order of the Stone and help lead the coming of the last high madame upon the world. The Old "New Gods" will see this and know that their end has basically began. I am really curious as to who the Last High Madame really is.

Old June 3rd, 2008   NoFace is offline   #3
NoFace
Moderators

Mr. Holiday --

Shoot me an e-mail if you would: [email protected]. I want to talk to you about your translation experience.

--Eric

Old January 25th, 2009   Holiday is offline   #4
Holiday
White Pawn

Hey, I just wanted to thank Greg, Eric, and Steve for that great page of the Crime Bible in the newest Secret Files for Final Crisis. Very interesting stuff. I hope this won't be the last time that we see this.

Old January 28th, 2009   mercuryeric is offline   #5
mercuryeric
professional

Hey, I just wanted to thank Greg, Eric, and Steve for that great page of the Crime Bible in the newest Secret Files for Final Crisis. Very interesting stuff. I hope this won't be the last time that we see this.
ddf
Holiday View Post

Whoops. Missed this one. Thank you.

I enjoy doing those. I hope the chance to do another one crops up again. I promise the next one will be less, er, yellow.

-E

---
Eric Trautmann
Editor/writer/professional smart-alec