The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old April 19th, 2011   Kyer is offline   #865
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

I second that.

It was the same issue with the Flash tv show and the suit being all red. Including the boots, but hey he is called the Scarlet Speedster.
ddf
Green Effigy View Post
Plus, white gloves are notoriously difficult to keep clean. That's why they are used to test for dusting competence.

People had been working for so many years to make the world a safe organized place. Nobody realized how boring it would become. ~Palahniuk
Old April 21st, 2011   Green Effigy is offline   #866
Green Effigy

Plus, white gloves are notoriously difficult to keep clean. That's why they are used to test for dusting competence.
ddf
Kyer View Post
Hahaha. One thing I never got from comics, is the fights and then their uniforms getting destroyed. Specially those that are made out in a different universe (ahem, GL) and are supposed to never wear out.

In Blackest Day, In Darkest Night.....
Old April 21st, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #867
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Hahaha. One thing I never got from comics, is the fights and then their uniforms getting destroyed. Specially those that are made out in a different universe (ahem, GL) and are supposed to never wear out.
ddf
Green Effigy View Post
These are also guys with incredible weapons that form thought into anything they want....and yet they're all incredibly buff like they're physically expending energy.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old April 21st, 2011   Kyer is offline   #868
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

These are also guys with incredible weapons that form thought into anything they want....and yet they're all incredibly buff like they're physically expending energy.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
They all learned the secret of those Golden Age of Cinema movie stars whose hair would always stay immaculate no matter what hurricane was blowing through. Comics is Comics.

People had been working for so many years to make the world a safe organized place. Nobody realized how boring it would become. ~Palahniuk
Old April 22nd, 2011   Jake1823 is online now   #869
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

This is the extended TV spot that aired after American Idol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVbBs...layer_embedded

Lots of people are commenting that this is very "Star Wars-y," which I really like about it. Pretty excited about this summer.

Where is everybody?
Old April 22nd, 2011   JRM is offline   #870
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

This is the extended TV spot that aired after American Idol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVbBs...layer_embedded

Lots of people are commenting that this is very "Star Wars-y," which I really like about it. Pretty excited about this summer.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Now is that a "New Beginning" or a "Phantom Menace" version of Star Wars that it is being compared to being like? Big difference

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old April 22nd, 2011   Kyer is offline   #871
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

Now is that a "New Beginning" or a "Phantom Menace" version of Star Wars that it is being compared to being like? Big difference

Jim
ddf
JRM View Post
No, wrong show.

Green Lantern is Classic Star Trek.

You've gots your big skulled, busybody telepathic guys, your blue shirts, red shirts, yellow, green (dress). Pretty females in revealing clothing. The Adventurer type, the Logical one, the Grumpy One, The Miracle Worker.

You've got one kick-ass spacecraft that looks kind of like a Klingon ship. Hell, you've got Hammond who looks kind of like a Klingon.

It's Trek.

Old April 22nd, 2011   Captain_Meh is offline   #872
Captain_Meh

No, wrong show.

You've gots your big skulled, busybody telepathic guys, your blue shirts, red shirts, yellow, green (dress). Pretty females in revealing clothing. The Adventurer type, the Logical one, the Grumpy One, The Miracle Worker.

You've got one kick-ass spacecraft that looks kind of like a Klingon ship. Hell, you've got Hammond who looks kind of like a Klingon.

It's Trek.

ddf
Kyer View Post
This is EXACTLY what I've been saying -- that the proper mood of Green Lantern is, as you so perfectly put it, "Classic Star Trek". But of course, nobody listens, because everyone nowadays is so all wrapped up in the Germanization of everything, with everything being dark and severe and morbid. And that's how Green Lantern's being done nowadays, too.

Old April 22nd, 2011   Kyer is offline   #873
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying -- that the proper mood of Green Lantern is, as you so perfectly put it, "Classic Star Trek". But of course, nobody listens, because everyone nowadays is so all wrapped up in the Germanization of everything, with everything being dark and severe and morbid. And that's how Green Lantern's being done nowadays, too.
ddf
Captain_Meh View Post
You think that's bad? They plan to make the Flash movie even darker than the GL one.

It's sad how how graphically violent and grim most of the books are now. When I have to check out Deadpool teamup books in order to find some humor that isn't accompanied by total gross out images...that's bad. Same with TV, mostly just watch Golden Oldie shows and movies pre-70s in order not to have to worry about seeing something that will give me nightmares for months to come.

Anyway...I think Hal both looks and acts a bit like Shatner. ;P

Space...The Final Frontier. These are the adventures of the Men in Green Tights (no, not those guys, the alien type guys) out to go where No Man...(er...most Men) did not go before!

Old April 22nd, 2011   John Casey is offline   #874
John Casey
Geoffan

No, wrong show.

It's Trek.

ddf
Kyer View Post
Nah.... If anything its Star Wars..

The Corps= Jedi
Sinestro=Darth Vader
Guardians= Jedi Counsel
GL Ring = Light Saber
Willpower=The Force

I always thought that this was where Lucas got his idea for Star Wars from

Old April 23rd, 2011   Kyer is offline   #875
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

Nah.... If anything its Star Wars..

The Corps= Jedi
Sinestro=Darth Vader
Guardians= Jedi Counsel
GL Ring = Light Saber
Willpower=The Force

I always thought that this was where Lucas got his idea for Star Wars from
ddf
John Casey View Post
With all do respect, I'm sticking with Trek:

The Corps= Starfleet
Sinestro= Every episode in which a Starfleet captain Went Bad so that Kirk (Hal Jordon) Could Be Seen Kicking Ass despite The Prime Directive.
Guardians= Every episode where Super Powerful Aliens were shown to be wrong so that Kirk Could Be Seen Kicking Ass despite The Prime Directive.
GL Ring= Phasers (and sometimes The Enterprise) with which Kirk Could Kick Ass and to Heck With The Prime Directive.
Willpower= Overblown Scenery Chewing done by Kirk as he Kicked Ass despite The Prime Directive.

Oh yeah...and the clincher:

Red Shirts spewing blood at every opportunity. ;-P

Old April 23rd, 2011   Green Effigy is offline   #876
Green Effigy

ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post

GOD, I KNOW!!!! LOL It is so irritaiting! Don't forget 0% body fat and still managed to come back after being in exodus for years and still have their apartment intact, lol.

Old April 23rd, 2011   Green Effigy is offline   #877
Green Effigy

They all learned the secret of those Golden Age of Cinema movie stars whose hair would always stay immaculate no matter what hurricane was blowing through. Comics is Comics.
ddf
Kyer View Post

LOL, like Superman's front curl? God, I hate that curl, I hope Snyder does not incorporate the dawm curl, lol.

Old April 23rd, 2011   Kyer is offline   #878
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

LOL, like Superman's front curl? God, I hate that curl, I hope Snyder does not incorporate the dawm curl, lol.
ddf
Green Effigy View Post
Someplace, somewhere, some company has got to be selling Superman Super Hold Hair Spray for Permed Hair. Fortunately, I've yet to run across it....but I just know it's out there.

I'm thinking Ma Kent has stock in the company and regularly sends her boy bottles of the stuff with motherly expectations that he uses the stuff. I can relate, as for years growing up I was stuck with stupid pigtails because mom thought the horrid things were adorable.

Moms. What can you do?

Old April 24th, 2011   Captain_Meh is offline   #879
Captain_Meh

You think that's bad? They plan to make the Flash movie even darker than the GL one.

It's sad how how graphically violent and grim most of the books are now. When I have to check out Deadpool teamup books in order to find some humor that isn't accompanied by total gross out images...that's bad. Same with TV, mostly just watch Golden Oldie shows and movies pre-70s in order not to have to worry about seeing something that will give me nightmares for months to come.

Anyway...I think Hal both looks and acts a bit like Shatner. ;P

Space...The Final Frontier. These are the adventures of the Men in Green Tights (no, not those guys, the alien type guys) out to go where No Man...(er...most Men) did not go before!
ddf
Kyer View Post
Strictly speaking, actually, Gil Kane originally designed Hal Jordan off of Paul Newman, not William Shatner:

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/Celebrit...aul-19302.html

This is why I've previously said that the best choice to play Hal Jordan would've been a more Newman-like actor like the newcomer Bobby Campo:

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=70

Old April 24th, 2011   Kyer is offline   #880
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

Strictly speaking, actually, Gil Kane originally designed Hal Jordan off of Paul Newman, not William Shatner:

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/Celebrit...aul-19302.html

This is why I've previously said that the best choice to play Hal Jordan would've been a more Newman-like actor like the newcomer Bobby Campo:

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=70
ddf
Captain_Meh View Post
Okay. So not Luke Skywalker/Hans Solo or Captain James T. Kirk. Hal's patterned after a man who hawks salad dressing.

Oddly, that makes sense.