The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old October 26th, 2007   Ron Marz is offline   #1
Ron Marz
Premier

Default TPB rebranding

The Witchblade TPB program is rebranding, starting over with a new vol. 1 that will pick up with my run (issue #80) on the book. The first TPB will carry a $4.99 price tag in the direct market -- less than a buck an issue. New covers, new design, new trade dress.

Here's an interview with Top Cow's Matt Hawkins that includes a look at the vol. 1 cover:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11524.html

Old October 26th, 2007   Paul_King is offline   #2
Paul_King
Make Mine Marvel Cosmic!

At that price, I am completely going to give Witchblade a shot!

Thanks for the head-up!

-Paul

"You wrote 'The world doesn't need a Savior' but everyday I hear people crying for one." - Superman Returns
Old October 26th, 2007   Fletcher Hawke is offline   #3
Fletcher Hawke
Rum and Arrows Horseman

Any idea if this affects the Vol. 2 Compendium? I notice the release date for it's been pushed back a few times. Should we expect it to get knocked back some more while this comes together? Been looking forward to getting caught up in one (figurative) sitting.

Old October 26th, 2007   Ron Marz is offline   #4
Ron Marz
Premier

At that price, I am completely going to give Witchblade a shot!
ddf
Paul_King View Post
When Matt told me they were gonna do a 6-issue trade for $5, I said ... huh? But they believe in the material enough that they want to get it in front of as many people as possible, which is flattering.

Old October 26th, 2007   Ron Marz is offline   #5
Ron Marz
Premier

Any idea if this affects the Vol. 2 Compendium? I notice the release date for it's been pushed back a few times. Should we expect it to get knocked back some more while this comes together? Been looking forward to getting caught up in one (figurative) sitting.
ddf
Fletcher Hawke View Post
The Vol. 2 Compendium is still coming out as planned. Maybe there were printing details that caused the delays -- I know that printing books the size of the Compendiums (Compendia?) can be problematic to get everything right.

The thinking is to keep both Compendium volumes in print, for those that want the whole story. The rebranded trades, starting with vol. 1, will be the tool to get people into the current run on the book.

Old October 27th, 2007   manwithnoname is offline   #6
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

The Witchblade TPB program is rebranding, starting over with a new vol. 1 that will pick up with my run (issue #80) on the book. The first TPB will carry a $4.99 price tag in the direct market -- less than a buck an issue. New covers, new design, new trade dress.

Here's an interview with Top Cow's Matt Hawkins that includes a look at the vol. 1 cover:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11524.html
ddf
Ron Marz View Post
Ron, I'll give it a shot. You were so nice as to offer me some freebies in a different post, and add the fact Top Cow has faith in your stuff. The intro price is really nice, too.

Matt Hawkins says in the icv2 interview: "We are reprinting that now in China along with a reprint of The Darkness Compendium Vol. 1..."

How heavy are these going to be since China adds a lot of lead to their products?

Thanks for the great info, Ron!

Old October 29th, 2007   BrianT is offline   #7
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Hard to pass up at that price. I'm in for the first Volume, at the least.

Perhaps a thread on this should be in either the Comics Discussion forum or the Indy Comics Forum. That way you reach more potential new readers.

Staff Writer - Bam Smack Pow
Twitter: PAComicExaminer
Bookmark my page
Old October 30th, 2007   manwithnoname is offline   #8
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Perhaps a thread on this should be in either the Comics Discussion forum or the Indy Comics Forum. That way you reach more potential new readers.
ddf
Brian Thomer View Post
Good idea, Brian.

Ron, make it so.

Old November 24th, 2007   Paul_King is offline   #9
Paul_King
Make Mine Marvel Cosmic!

Ron,

I was told to ask by the LCS guy if the First Witchblade Trade will have any GD's used?

He seemed to remember the GD being dropped several times.

He didn't have the singles on hand to check (they are sold out)

-Paul

"You wrote 'The world doesn't need a Savior' but everyday I hear people crying for one." - Superman Returns
Old November 25th, 2007   Ron Marz is offline   #10
Ron Marz
Premier

Ron,

I was told to ask by the LCS guy if the First Witchblade Trade will have any GD's used?

He seemed to remember the GD being dropped several times.

He didn't have the singles on hand to check (they are sold out)

-Paul
ddf
Paul_King View Post

You know, Paul, I'm just not sure. My guess would be no, but I wouldn't swear to it. If I get a chance, I'll dig out the issues and flip through them, but I've got a ton of deadline stuff to get through first.

Old November 25th, 2007   Paul_King is offline   #11
Paul_King
Make Mine Marvel Cosmic!

You know, Paul, I'm just not sure. My guess would be no, but I wouldn't swear to it. If I get a chance, I'll dig out the issues and flip through them, but I've got a ton of deadline stuff to get through first.
ddf
Ron Marz View Post
I completely understand: work comes first.

Worst case, I flip through when it comes out. It is already on my pulls and the LCS understands my deal with that.

If you get the chance, I would appreciate it. I know that you gotta feed the family and if you can't get to it, I understand.

Thanks for responding!

-Paul