The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old September 9th, 2007   Blacula is offline   #33
Blacula
Geoffan

I don't know.

I'm keeping an open mind but I'm one of those who's grown very tired of the interconnectedness of the DCU lately, and if Didio taking over editing duties means that this book is going to be a part of a lame crossover every two issues then I'll definitely be out of here.

Ditto if he starts killing off any older Titans. (All pre-'Judas Contract' Titans should be off-limits IMO.)

That said, I was also extremely tired of Berganza's VERY hit-and-miss run on this book and am glad to see some fresh blood in his place.

Consider me cautious but optimistic.

Old September 9th, 2007   E2Brutus is offline   #34
E2Brutus
The Obsidian Horseman

Hey, maybe it's Dan's attempt to make up for all the Titan deaths over the last couple years. "This issue: A Titan Lives!!"

...it could happen.

Old September 9th, 2007   mmk123 is offline   #35
mmk123
Geoffan

well, maybe Dan is taking over because he just wants to produce a good, well liked, well received comic every month. I do not agree with everything that Dan has done with DC, but why do we not wait until he has actually edited an issue before passing judgement. Maybe Dan wants to try to bring the Titans back to the heights they were in the 80's.

(Also, this is not like when Andrew Helfer was the editor. Nothing could have been that bad.)

Old September 9th, 2007   DeTroyes is offline   #36
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Some slight clarification on why Didio is taking over Teen Titans, and when, can be found in the DC panel report on CBR:

A "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane" fan asked Sean McKeever if he would "soap opera it up" in "Teen Titans." "Not going full-on romance angle," McKeever said. "But the important part is the relationships." McKeever said that after the "craziness" of his first four issues he'll be working with his new editor, none other than Dan Didio. McKeever quoted his Myspace and said it'll be "either the greatest collaboration or the worst ever in comics." Didio said he wanted to get back into editing, and that he also considers "Teen Titans" one of their primary franchises.
ddf
Comic Book Resources
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11778

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old September 9th, 2007   michealdark is offline   #37
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Crazy,crazy idea,but from the way that sounds,I wonder if Dan might finally be sick of people questioning his abilities and decided to take on a book himself,working with a writer that he knows can produce good stories and he can have a flexible and easily workable relationship with and that he'd probably enjoy editing for,just to prove to all the naysayers that he can infact be a very competent editor

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old September 10th, 2007   Wally West888 is offline   #38
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

I like the idea of him editing so hopefully it turns out well with Dan as Editor, maybe Eddie Berganza needed to be taken off so he can edit other books.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old September 10th, 2007   The Krystal Method is offline   #39
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

That's it! I'm starting a "FREE SEAN MCKEEVER!" MySpace group!

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old September 10th, 2007   angel_gidget is offline   #40
angel_gidget

I look at all the people who say they're not worried by this, and it takes me a moment to realize that they're not being sarcastic...

Old September 10th, 2007   Bill Walko is offline   #41
Bill Walko
Comrade

Crazy,crazy idea,but from the way that sounds,I wonder if Dan might finally be sick of people questioning his abilities and decided to take on a book himself,working with a writer that he knows can produce good stories and he can have a flexible and easily workable relationship with and that he'd probably enjoy editing for,just to prove to all the naysayers that he can infact be a very competent editor
ddf
michealdark View Post
He. That is a bit crazy. I don't think Didio feels the need to "prove himself" to fans. He seems pretty darn confident in his own abilities.

Also, from the ComicBloc interview, a quote from Didio: "Yeah, we are in a position right now where we have a direction in what we are trying to do for the DCU and we have an overarching story that we’re trying to tell. I’d say about 75% of the concepts that are being created are editorially driven. And realistically, at that point, we are trying to figure out bringing in the best people for the job."

Be afraid. Be very afraid...

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old September 10th, 2007   troialover04 is offline   #42
troialover04
Advanced Geoffan

have to say i dont like the sound of this AT ALL - prove me wrong Dan - :-(

Old September 10th, 2007   DeTroyes is offline   #43
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Also, from the ComicBloc interview, a quote from Didio: "Yeah, we are in a position right now where we have a direction in what we are trying to do for the DCU and we have an overarching story that we’re trying to tell. I’d say about 75% of the concepts that are being created are editorially driven. And realistically, at that point, we are trying to figure out bringing in the best people for the job."
ddf
Bill Walko View Post
Dear God. I'm having 90s flashbacks again. Please, please no Evil Lesbian Raven.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old September 10th, 2007   Sean McKeever is offline   #44
Sean McKeever
professional

Hi, guys!

Dan and I had a nice lunch on Saturday where we briefly touched upon my plans post-54 and then discussed the tone and direction of the title in general. Without getting too specific (because, you know, if I got specific then you'd suspect it wasn't me writing this (heh)) I can assure you that he's not trying to cram a bunch of ideas down my throat.

I was a little freaked out by this news, too, to be honest, not knowing what to expect, but the wonderful news is that Dan and I are very much on the same page. It's so important for Teen Titans to be a book where the story is dictated by character, and where strong, multi-faceted personalities get to share page time and be properly explored. And I'm still not killing any Titans.

Don't worry! Be happy!

Old September 10th, 2007   Icon is offline   #45
Icon
Advanced Geoffan

Hi, guys!

Dan and I had a nice lunch on Saturday where we briefly touched upon my plans post-54 and then discussed the tone and direction of the title in general. Without getting too specific (because, you know, if I got specific then you'd suspect it wasn't me writing this (heh)) I can assure you that he's not trying to cram a bunch of ideas down my throat.

I was a little freaked out by this news, too, to be honest, not knowing what to expect, but the wonderful news is that Dan and I are very much on the same page. It's so important for Teen Titans to be a book where the story is dictated by character, and where strong, multi-faceted personalities get to share page time and be properly explored. And I'm still not killing any Titans.

Don't worry! Be happy!
ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
Thanks for taking the time to clarify it. Didn't think that there was as much of a conspiracy going on as some others here did, though I can understand you being a little freaked by it. (Maybe you're on super secret double probation! )

Your last sentence in the second last paragraph in particular made me happy!

Old September 10th, 2007   troialover04 is offline   #46
troialover04
Advanced Geoffan

Yeah me too! thanks Sean! :-)

Old September 10th, 2007   Bob Francis is offline   #47
Bob Francis
Sheesh.

Hi, guys!

Don't worry! Be happy!
ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
Thanks for the update Sean!

And as was stated earlier, Dan was the story editor for Reboot's STRONGEST season! Sounds like we're in for a great ride!

Bob Francis: Writer
AWAKEN, FLIGHT CAPTAIN HURRICANE, and More!
Be Daring, Regret Nothing
Old September 10th, 2007   kory_anders is offline   #48
kory_anders
X'hal!

I think it's wonderful that Didio is editing Titans! To me, that just means that the book and the team will be getting some big time attention and that's great