The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #1
gottaluvit
Geoffan

Default Birds of Prey 109 re Connor Hawke (spoilers)

Any Connor Hawke fans read this yet?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Has there been a change in his origin that I've missed? When did Monday Hawke cease being his mother and Shado become it? Suddenly the Dragons Blood mini has become all kinds of wrong. Surely this is writers error because if she's been retconned in as his mother that throws a lot of Connors stories out of continuity.
Last edited by gottaluvit; August 22nd, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

RED ARROW FANS!! Join us in makeing the Roy Harper Yahoo group the biggest fan group for Roy fans on the net. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RoyHarper/
Old August 22nd, 2007   k26dp is offline   #2
k26dp
Earth-7's L73dp

Shado had a son by Ollie named Robert. Babs was not referring to Conner Hawke.

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #3
gottaluvit
Geoffan

Shado had a son by Ollie named Robert. Babs was not referring to Conner Hawke.
ddf
k26dp View Post
So Mooday Hawke was a 'ninja woman'? Not to my recolections she wasn't. Babs certainly to my mind was referring to Shado. Robert was not mentioned, Connor was. There's no doubt thats whats being discussed.

RED ARROW FANS!! Join us in makeing the Roy Harper Yahoo group the biggest fan group for Roy fans on the net. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RoyHarper/
Old August 22nd, 2007   k26dp is offline   #4
k26dp
Earth-7's L73dp

So Mooday Hawke was a 'ninja woman'? Not to my recolections she wasn't. Babs certainly to my mind was referring to Shado. Robert was not mentioned, Connor was. There's no doubt thats whats being discussed.
ddf
gottaluvit View Post
I don't have the book in front of me, but I don't recall Babs saying Shado's kid was Conner, just that Shado and Ollie had a son. Which is true. It's just not Conner.

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #5
gottaluvit
Geoffan

I don't have the book in from of me either, but I beleive she said something to the effect of "he fathered Connor with that ninja woman." As soon as I get back home I'll double check, but Connor was mentioned by name and so was Shado (though I think it was Dinah that mentioned her name.)

Old August 22nd, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #6
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

wow.......at least someone finally got that he was raped by shado.

can't say I'm angry about the issue as someone finally pointed out that it wasn't until winick that he became a scumy douchebag.....but the connor birth story....yeah that's pretty far off

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #7
gottaluvit
Geoffan

wow.......at least someone finally got that he was raped by shado.

can't say I'm angry about the issue as someone finally pointed out that it wasn't until winick that he became a scumy douchebag.....but the connor birth story....yeah that's pretty far off
ddf
Chris Hansbrough View Post
I'm starting to wonder if DC has changed Connors origin, this is the second time a mention of Shado being his mother has come up in recent months, thefirst time Winick said it created a bit of fan uproar, you'd think they wouldn't make the same mistake ahain.

Old August 22nd, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #8
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

I'm starting to wonder if DC has changed Connors origin, this is the second time a mention of Shado being his mother has come up in recent months, thefirst time Winick said it created a bit of fan uproar, you'd think they wouldn't make the same mistake ahain.
ddf
gottaluvit View Post
oh trust me it peeves me off....especially since the whole Ollie dream in GL he was married to Moonday with Connor as a kid......so um.....yeah...makes no sense....oh wait....I've got an idea....maybe an editor needs to read before printing....because that is a serious gaffe

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #9
gottaluvit
Geoffan

oh trust me it peeves me off....especially since the whole Ollie dream in GL he was married to Moonday with Connor as a kid......so um.....yeah...makes no sense....oh wait....I've got an idea....maybe an editor needs to read before printing....because that is a serious gaffe
ddf
I have to wonder what editors at DC get paid for. This is either a glaring error or a deliberate reference to a retcon that fans haven't been informed of, either way it sucks.

Old August 22nd, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #10
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

I have to wonder what editors at DC get paid for. This is either a glaring error or a deliberate reference to a retcon that fans haven't been informed of, either way it sucks.
ddf
gottaluvit View Post
you know what saddens me.....normally I'm the guy who goes out of his way to defend editors and writers who get accused of not doing enough research or not catching errors....this one....this isn't acting out of character like most people get on about......this is actually getting someones orgin wrong....that's a whole nother story

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #11
gottaluvit
Geoffan

you know what saddens me.....normally I'm the guy who goes out of his way to defend editors and writers who get accused of not doing enough research or not catching errors....this one....this isn't acting out of character like most people get on about......this is actually getting someones orgin wrong....that's a whole nother story
ddf
Yeah. I very rarely get annoyed over bloopers or things don't like in my books, I just shrug and say its comics, but this confuses the heck out of me because I have no idea if its meant to be there or if it is merely a mistake. It's been mentioned a couple of times now and DC has this habit of not announcing retcons lately, they just drop hints to let fans know things have changed, so I dunno what this is.

Old August 22nd, 2007   ConnorFan is offline   #12
ConnorFan
aka Alex Violette

Props to Bedard for remembering that Connor exists.

Benifit of the doubt, maybe this was deliberate, a subtle way to show that Oracle doesnt exactly have the facts straight on what Ollie has done with his life. Because she didnt know that the sex wasnt consentual with Shado, that all Marrianne did was kiss Ollie, and she also blamed Ollie for Joanna's death when Joanna was already working on the case and SHE had the information that Drakon killed her for.

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #13
gottaluvit
Geoffan

Props to Bedard for remembering that Connor exists.

Benifit of the doubt, maybe this was deliberate, a subtle way to show that Oracle doesnt exactly have the facts straight on what Ollie has done with his life. Because she didnt know that the sex wasnt consentual with Shado, that all Marrianne did was kiss Ollie, and she also blamed Ollie for Joanna's death when Joanna was already working on the case and SHE had the information that Drakon killed her for.
ddf
ConnorFan View Post

That may make sense if Dinah had disputed the claim, but she didn't, so I don't see how it could be a way of showing that Babs doesn't have all the fact bcause Dinah definitely should know.

Old August 22nd, 2007   ConnorFan is offline   #14
ConnorFan
aka Alex Violette

That may make sense if Dinah had disputed the claim, but she didn't, so I don't see how it could be a way of showing that Babs doesn't have all the fact bcause Dinah definitely should know.
ddf
gottaluvit View Post
Yeah, Dinah should know and most likely would have pointed it out. Someone asked about this on Bedard's Comic book reasources forum perhaps we will have an official answer soon.

Old August 22nd, 2007   gottaluvit is offline   #15
gottaluvit
Geoffan

Yeah, Dinah should know and most likely would have pointed it out. Someone asked about this on Bedard's Comic book reasources forum perhaps we will have an official answer soon.
ddf
ConnorFan View Post
Cool, thanks. I'll be interested to know if its a retcon or a mistake.

Old August 22nd, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #16
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

quick quiz question.....

Why did Dinah Break up with Ollie

How many poeple knew about Anissa?

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty