The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 17th, 2007   Sean McKeever is offline   #1
Sean McKeever
professional

Default Your favorite DCU teen heroes?

Hey...

As you may have noticed, the Q&A topic has gotten a lot of "Will [insert teen hero here] be in Teen Titans?" questions. These basically translate to "I love [insert teen hero here] and I want everyone to know!" right?

So, since I don't really want to spoil which teen heroes you'll see coming up in the series (but, believe me, there will be a lot of them) I thought rather than have you guys bring them up in the Q&A, there should be a topic where you could give props to your favorite non-Titans teen heroes from the DCU!

I'll be keeping an eye on who you guys like and why. But please keep in mind that I'm not bringing characters back from the dead. If a dead teen hero's your favorite, feel free to talk about him or her, but please understand that this isn't a place to plead their case to me. Cool?

-Sean

Some clarifications:

- I'm not specifically asking who you'd like to be on the team.
- For our purposes, teen equals puberty to early college age.
- I'm looking for answers outside of the folks on the cover to 50: Robin; Wonder Girl; Ravager; Miss Martian; Kid Devil; Supergirl; and Blue Beetle.
- Please don't use just the characters' first names.
Last edited by Sean McKeever; May 17th, 2007 at 10:19 PM.

Old May 17th, 2007   booyah is offline   #2
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

Non Titan??
Huh...well, there is only Stargirl and Supergirl that I can think of that I both like, and aren't on the Titans.
I like Stargirl on JSA, and Supergirl being a Titan...well, I am hoping that becomes a reality soon
Last edited by booyah; May 17th, 2007 at 10:13 PM.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old May 17th, 2007   Old School is offline   #3
Old School
persona non grata

will there be a poll?

and honestly I dont have a favorite or I'm not clamoring for any certain teen that hasn't been a titan...

sooooo,

and whats the age cut off for a "teen" hero?

for example gar logan, not a teen, yet still was on the teen titans. and hes back calling himself beast boy.

raven was old enough to go to college, now shes deaged and back in high school. does she count?

Is danny chase truly dead, If phantasm still lives?

Kole.... Is she considered a teenager? I dont think shes really dead either...

I'm from the "old school" so theres really no teen I want to see other than tim, which he is already on the roster...

so if i had a choice-- mia and lorena...

but you said non titan.. so with that I dont even know whos out there, which I guess means no character stood out to me that I want to see join the roster

and supergirl was already a titan once

Old May 17th, 2007   Saturn Girl is offline   #4
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

I'd like to see Halo again, although I'm not sure if Gaby qualifies as a teen anymore. The whole body switching stuff was kind of confusing.

I am the one who knocks.
Old May 17th, 2007   Mighty ISIS is offline   #5
Mighty ISIS
Advanced Geoffan

Raven has always been my favorite.

Lets put the FUN back into dysFUNction! :)
Old May 17th, 2007   Saturn Girl is offline   #6
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

...didn't Sean say "non-Titan" heroes in his post?

I am the one who knocks.
Old May 17th, 2007   ggiandonato is offline   #7
ggiandonato
Master Geoffan

The Wonder Twins.

Yes, I'm being serious. They're one of DC's stronger brands and the characters are largely blank slates. You could use stuff from Extreme Justice, but that was at least one reboot ago - I'd start from scratch on New Earth. Perhaps they even have a pet monkey...

Old May 17th, 2007   Old School is offline   #8
Old School
persona non grata

The Wonder Twins.

Yes, I'm being serious. They're one of DC's stronger brands and the characters are largely blank slates. You could use stuff from Extreme Justice, but that was at least one reboot ago - I'd start from scratch on New Earth. Perhaps they even have a pet monkey...
ddf
ggiandonato View Post

im all for the wonder twins........

Old May 17th, 2007   Old School is offline   #9
Old School
persona non grata

...didn't Sean say "non-Titan" heroes in his post?
ddf
Saturn Girl View Post
well as of #50 doesnt look like she will be a titan.. so lets now call her a "non titan"

Old May 17th, 2007   KTHunter is offline   #10
KTHunter

I really would like to see Son of Vulcan. I liked his mini series, and we did see him knocking on the tower door at the end of it.

He had an interesting premise with his armor and powers granted to him by a mentor that quickly passed away before truly giving him any training. He could use some time hanging out with the Titans to get his bearings, even if he is not on the team.
Last edited by KTHunter; May 17th, 2007 at 10:27 PM.

Love has its own Logic

Bring Back Beast Boy Brigade - Because Gar Logan deserves better than comic limbo!
Old May 17th, 2007   Wally West888 is offline   #11
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Speedy, Firestorm, Gehenna (Firestorm's girlfriend), Karate Kid, Timberwolf,Son of Vulcan, Empress, Aquagirl, Hotspot, Cassandra Cain, Misfit, Superboy(Conner), Hawk and Dove.

Firestorm, is the one I'd like to see the most but I doubt it will be in Teen Titans, since it looks like he might be dealing with Darkseid.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old May 17th, 2007   Sean McKeever is offline   #12
Sean McKeever
professional

Can't edit my first post anymore. Please, no laundry lists. Pick one, or two at the most, and give me more than just the name. Why are you passionate enough about the character to choose him/her over all the rest??

Old May 17th, 2007   curiouswanderer is offline   #13
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

Hmmm...does that mean teen heroes who are not currently on the roster? If that be the case:
Argent! Why her? She has the cool/tragic backstory that makes for some good story telling, she's actually shown growth (especially during the not so great Titans series) and has a cool power with tons of potential.
Others include:
Arrowette: We still dont know for sure who her dad is, plus she comes from a different background than usual heroes: she's been following her mom's dreams until near the end of her previous chapter.
Empress: A cool look and a different power, plus an interesting set of circumstances.
Joto/Hotspot: He's just cool.
Secret: While I realize that Peter David pretty much closed the book on her character (without killing her mind you) there's still a ton of potential to move the character forward as a hero. (Or at the very least a supporting character.)
Son of Vulcan (Vulcan.) He's just cool too.
Maya (from JLE): She's got a different set of powers and abilities, a rich heritage in mythology to draw from and a cool visual.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old May 17th, 2007   curiouswanderer is offline   #14
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

Oops, sorry I went over on my list, but at least I gave reasons...(does that help?)

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old May 17th, 2007   Marky is offline   #15
Marky*
Flippa Dippa Horseman!

Holly Robinson from Catwoman. I really like how she has helped out her friend Selina in the past, trained with Wildcat and since Selina's pregnancy and motherhood has taken to donning the Catwoman suit to fight crime.

Cool to hear that she'll be getting a bit of page time in Countdown

I've always liked Klarion The Witch Boy too. Something about the visual I like, a creepy lil' kid with period clothes and a cat, also having so much magical power in the hands of a kid is interesting too.

Heroes Reborn 2: V Neck Boogaloo!
Old May 17th, 2007   BrianT is offline   #16
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I'm sure I'll think of others later, so I'll just qualify this as some of my favorite teen DCU characters:

Damage - Great character with cool powers and tons of potential. His solo series was terrific. (Wyldheart and Troll were also some pretty cool teen characters from his series.)

Sapphire - member of Power Company. She's a teen runaway with very little background, so she's a pretty clean slate which makes her rife with potential. She's also based in san Francisco as are the titans currently. I always thought that she'd get along great with Raven. Both feeling like outcasts and adjusting to their new surroundings and trying to settle into some kind of normal life.

Koryak - Aquaman's son. He may or may not be dead, but I always thought he was a cool character.

I'm sure I'll think of others.

Staff Writer - Bam Smack Pow
Twitter: PAComicExaminer
Bookmark my page