The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old March 12th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #1489
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

Sean,

now that Reign in Hell is over any chance of including Peter David's Linda Danvers (under an all new Superhero alias) in to the Teen Titans to be a second Superhero mentor to them like Cyborg?

Thanks in advance.

Lover of all things Supergirl!
Old March 12th, 2009   batboyga21 is offline   #1490
batboyga21

Hi Sean. Will you be writing the Ravager Co-Feature in Teen Titans that will debute in June?

Old March 14th, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #1491
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

I just wanted to say, Thank You for Titans #11. Loved the whole issue, especially the way you handled the Gar and Raven scenes (Romeo & Juliet reference - foreshadowing?) (yeah, I know, I don't expect you to answer that one). You can write the older Titans any day, so far as I'm concerned. Really looking forward to "Deathtrap".

Also interested to hear about the Ravager co-feature. How long has that been in the works? Were you planning for that eventuality when you were working out Terror Titans?
Last edited by DeTroyes; March 14th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old March 14th, 2009   SageShinigami is offline   #1492
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

Sean,

now that Reign in Hell is over any chance of including Peter David's Linda Danvers (under an all new Superhero alias) in to the Teen Titans to be a second Superhero mentor to them like Cyborg?

Thanks in advance.
ddf
Zal-Ta View Post
I hope not. I love (really) Linda Danvers, but no mentors for the Teen Titans, please. That was kinda the point of the team in the beginning anyway. So they could get AWAY from their mentors.

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.
Old March 14th, 2009   curiouswanderer is offline   #1493
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

Sean, just wanted to thank you for the awesome Titans #11. This was the book I've been waiting eleven months to read! Excellent job, sir!

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old March 16th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #1494
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

I hope not. I love (really) Linda Danvers, but no mentors for the Teen Titans, please. That was kinda the point of the team in the beginning anyway. So they could get AWAY from their mentors.
ddf
SageShinigami View Post
And yet SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Cyborg

has became just this again for the team? :/

Lover of all things Supergirl!
Old March 16th, 2009   Saturn Girl is offline   #1495
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Sean - without spoiling anything, can you tell us whether Raven and Beast Boy have scenes together in the upcoming "Deathtrap" arc?

I am the one who knocks.
Old March 16th, 2009   Joey Wilson is offline   #1496
Joey Wilson
Geoffan

Cyborg

ddf
Zal-Ta View Post
Not really.

Old March 16th, 2009   SageShinigami is offline   #1497
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

Cyborg

ddf
Zal-Ta View Post
What can I say? This incarnation of the TT has been "off" since Geoff relaunched it. (No offense, Geoff! I still love most of your work!) Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven and Cyborg on the team? For what? When they were young, they didn't need any mentors--why did they feel their successors would?

Sean, I've a new question:

Titans 11 was pretty well-done. But as a whole I'm kinda tired of recycling plotlines (this is "a traitor in the Titans" again, really) in Titans world. So what about Deathtrap can you say to convince a guy who's a fan of the both superhero teams, a fan of both creative teams (Eddy Barrows is amazing and Howard Porter used to be my favorite artist of all time thanks to his and Grant Morrison's JLA), and wants to read a Teen Titans/Titans crossover, to make him want to read it?

I'm aware you can't spoil the plot or anything, but a tease or just something you know none of us have ever seen before in a Titans story that'll be in yours and Marv Wolfman's crossover?

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.
Old March 18th, 2009   Sean McKeever is offline   #1498
Sean McKeever
professional

Hey, everyone. A bit of good news/bad news for you. Which is which will depend upon your opinion of my work, I guess...

I have decided to leave Teen Titans. My last issue will be #71.

It's been a wild ride for 22 issues (plus an Annual and Terror Titans)--sometimes good, sometimes bad, and often awesome. I've really come to care about these kids during my tenure, but now it's time for me to place my focus elsewhere.

However, you will still see my name in Teen Titans for a while, as I'm writing the Ravager co-feature in the back of the book. It's gonna be great to get inside Rose's head and write her with a first-person narrative. (Of which you'll get a preview in my last full issue.)

Because of this decision, it's likely that you won't see me in this thread a great deal. There isn't a lot about the Ravager story that I want to reveal in detail and I obviously don't have much to tell you about the future of the title's main course.

I want to thank you all for your questions, enthusiasm, praise and criticisms. It's been a real pleasure communicating with some of the title's most passionate fans.

Now for a few answers to questions:

Does the Faces of Evil issue take place after or before the Dark Side Club?

How long after Terror Titans 6 does Teen Titans#69 take place?
ddf
Titan529 View Post
1. After would be my take on it, but don't think of that as "official".
2. Not very long after.

How did Pristine die anyway?
ddf
PyroTwilight View Post
As I recall, it was that she was too close to that tanker she blew up and died from the debris.

Hey Sean, is it possible at this moment for us to learn Clock King's real name?
ddf
therealssjlink View Post
Part of his real name is mentioned in #6.

Will we ever learn what connection TNTeena had to Copperhead?
ddf
Titan529 View Post
You saw the entirety of their relationship's nature in the story. She was falling for him in a mix of Stockholm Syndrome and a "nurse crush", whereas he is unable to properly have such feelings.

[quote=SageShinigami;1428105]I'm aware you can't spoil the plot or anything, but a tease or just something you know none of us have ever seen before in a Titans story that'll be in yours and Marv Wolfman's crossover?/QUOTE]
I would just say try out part one. That should give you an indication of whether or not it's for you.

Thanks again, guys.
-Sean

Old March 18th, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #1499
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Hey, everyone. A bit of good news/bad news for you. Which is which will depend upon your opinion of my work, I guess...

I have decided to leave Teen Titans. My last issue will be #71.
ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
I for one am very sorry to hear this, Mr. McKeever. But THANK YOU for the wonderful ride you've given us!

But please, don't go away entirely. We like it when you hang out with us, even if you're not writing Teen Titans.

Any chance you can give us a hint as to what your next assignment will be?

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old March 18th, 2009   curiouswanderer is offline   #1500
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

Sean, I for one am very sad to see you leave. You were just hitting your stride it seems and was cranking out some very interesting stories.
Hope that you have great promise where ever else you land. Best of luck dude.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old March 18th, 2009   Joey Wilson is offline   #1501
Joey Wilson
Geoffan

Noooooooooooo!

Old March 18th, 2009   Roy Harper is offline   #1502
Roy Harper
Tar Aquino

Sigh...

Noooo

Titans Together!
Old March 18th, 2009   Askanipsion is offline   #1503
Askanipsion
Geoffan

Sorry to see you go Sean.....I really enjoyed Terror Titans.....you did a fantastic job with Rose. I am looking forward to your backup stories.

Well I guess you won't be going over to Titans since you said you won't be on this board......

Best of luck to you Sean and let us know what else you will be working on.

BRING BACK LILITH !!!!

DC save the "Titans"!!
Old March 18th, 2009   J-Liv is offline   #1504
J-Liv
Frappuccino Jedi

What? Sean's leaving? Noooooooooooooo.....

Ya know, I never thought I'd be saying this, as your work prior to Teen Titans, no offense, wasn't to my taste. But I just might drop the book when you leave. I really can't see this book being as good without you. You've taken a nigh impossible task (following Geoff's landmark run), and not only stepped up to the task head-on, but, IMO, even managed to surpass your predecessor and leave a mark all your own. I'll be making a point to pick up whatever book your name happens to appear on next.

-J