The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Crit Forum

Crit Forum Share your creative output with the community, and give feedback

Old October 5th, 2006   Fletcher Hawke is offline   #1
Fletcher Hawke
Rum and Arrows Horseman

Default Tempest

Ok, I wasn't going to post anymore until I'd finished putting the Five all together for the contest, but I couldn't resist this time.

I finished Donna and Wally over the weekend, but I've gotten really busy at work, so I just managed to squeeze enough time to finish Garth. I'm actually going to go back and rework the others now too.

Now, let me just say that Phil Jimenez is an evil, evil man, and I can't begin to imagine the curses heaped upon his name by Titans and Aquaman artists who followed his Tempest mini. Have you ever tried to find decent images of the costume not drawn by Phil in that mini? Don't bother. You can't. I'm now convinced it was an evil plot to make sure no other artist could use him effectively. Kind of like Perez creating a character that uses sign language. No captions. No thought bubbles. Just pages and panels and pages of sign language. AAARRRGGG! They didn't kill Joey because he wasn't popular or it created impact. They killed him because nobody would draw his dialog after Perez left.

Evil, evil men.

But such a fun costume to draw.

Old October 5th, 2006   jsalwen is offline   #2
jsalwen
Advanced Geoffan

That's a nice Tempest, and I agree about the costume.

I think it's the same with Azreal. Joe Q was one of the few people on the planet that made that costume look good.

The Greatest COMIC PODCAST on the planet hosted by me!:
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=66666&cmd=tc
Old October 5th, 2006   avathar476 is offline   #3
avathar476
Vagabond

Ok, I wasn't going to post anymore until I'd finished putting the Five all together for the contest, but I couldn't resist this time.

I finished Donna and Wally over the weekend, but I've gotten really busy at work, so I just managed to squeeze enough time to finish Garth. I'm actually going to go back and rework the others now too.

Now, let me just say that Phil Jimenez is an evil, evil man, and I can't begin to imagine the curses heaped upon his name by Titans and Aquaman artists who followed his Tempest mini. Have you ever tried to find decent images of the costume not drawn by Phil in that mini? Don't bother. You can't. I'm now convinced it was an evil plot to make sure no other artist could use him effectively. Kind of like Perez creating a character that uses sign language. No captions. No thought bubbles. Just pages and panels and pages of sign language. AAARRRGGG! They didn't kill Joey because he wasn't popular or it created impact. They killed him because nobody would draw his dialog after Perez left.

Evil, evil men.

But such a fun costume to draw.
ddf
Fletcher Hawke View Post

Why did you say evil, Fletch? So would you say the Jericho and disco Nightwing by Perez was an evil plot to make sure no other artist dares to touch both characters? RIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTT........

BTW, nice pic of Garth. And oh, you got a PM in your inbox.

-Stephen-

" For every season there's a reason."
Old October 5th, 2006   avathar476 is offline   #4
avathar476
Vagabond

That's a nice Tempest, and I agree about the costume.

I think it's the same with Azreal. Joe Q was one of the few people on the planet that made that costume look good.
ddf
jsalwen View Post
But it does look badass. The cool facial tattoo seals the whole thing!

" For every season there's a reason."
Old October 5th, 2006   Fletcher Hawke is offline   #5
Fletcher Hawke
Rum and Arrows Horseman

Why did you say evil, Fletch? So would you say the Jericho and disco Nightwing by Perez was an evil plot to make sure no other artist dares to touch both characters? RIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTT........

BTW, nice pic of Garth. And oh, you got a PM in your inbox.

-Stephen-
ddf
avathar476 View Post
Well, you notice Jericho died not so very long after GP left, and that Nightwing never strayed far from Titans until his costume was remade a few times over, so....

Heh heh heh.