The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 8th, 2006   Blackhawkk is offline   #129
Blackhawkk
Advanced Geoffan

So is Diana Prince-Wonder Woman ever a member of the JSA back in the 40s or is that still Hipolyta?

I'm hoping it's Diana and establishing her as a historic icon and immortal.

"Tolerance Is A Virture Of A Man Without Convictions." G.K. Chesterton
Old June 8th, 2006   Eric Sellers is offline   #130
Eric Sellers
Supporters

Re: Wonder Woman #1
"Who Is Wonder Woman Part One"

Awesome!

A great beginning for the new book!

Old June 8th, 2006   DefenderOfTerra is offline   #131
DefenderOfTerra
Can't I be Titans Flash?

WOW I thought I would just get this issue and just sell it back but wow I"m hooked. Allen Heinberg really is an awesome writer. A great first issue.

Defender for the origin all incarnations of Terra

Remember remember the fifth of November...

V for Vendetta
Old June 9th, 2006   Madison Lee is offline   #132
Madison Lee
Rebooted and ready!

Krystal Method- about the lasso, well it hasnt been established if this in fact Diana's lasso. It could be Donna's Wonder Girl lasso.
And Cheetah has on more than one occasion held the lasso in her claws. Most memorable was when she took it off a dead Khund warrior during Invasion.

"On Earth I'm Lee,.....Linda Lee."
http://krypto-blog.blogspot.com
Old June 9th, 2006   Jejlep is offline   #133
Jejlep

So if Donna is WW, then does it mean that she's a founding member of the Justice League? I'm not too familiar with her character, but I'm pretty sure that she's not as 'old' as is needed.

Old June 9th, 2006   Primal Slayer is offline   #134
Primal Slayer
Geoffan

It was never shown how Cheetah got Donnas lasso(intresting that she thought that the lasso could make people bend to her will when lassoed...hint hint??) but she did say that WW passed down the mantle to her so it is most likely Dianas lasso unless Donna got the lasso that just tells the truth while Diana went back to the old fashioned lasso that makes you tell the truth and do whatever she wants you to do.

And no Donna isnt a founding member of the JL. She and Diana dont age anyway so noone would really be able to tell anyway.

Old June 9th, 2006   KevinTBrown is offline   #135
KevinTBrown
My give a damn's busted

Quickie review from me: Meh story, though loved the last 2 pages and 2 key characters that appeared there. GREAT artwork.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

KTB is right...
ddf
Mackaybear
Old June 9th, 2006   The Spectre is offline   #136
The Spectre
Spirit of Vengeance

Ditto for me, Kev.

But I have to say this...Donna Troy looks GREAT in that Wonder Woman gear! This could actually make me think that Donna shouldn't have stayed dead.

Oh, wait...she was stabbed with a sword?

Justice Society of America is the best super-team ever!!!
Old June 9th, 2006   Captain Calamity is offline   #137
Captain Calamity
Geoffan

I think Cheetah just took the lasso from Donna while they were talking. That's what it looks like on panel. Gosh, after what Kara did to Cassie, it seems like Diana's the only WW who keeps her lasso under control, hmmm?

Also, I really don't think Donna got stabbed...I think it was just in her mind, as per Dr. Psycho.

I also don't understand there are complaints about the villains already--we haven't learned ANYTHING about them yet. This was just act one of a five-act play, it set up the action, and I'm sure we'll learn all about how deadly the Cheetah is or why Giganta cut her hair.

Titans Together!
Old June 9th, 2006   reasonablefan1 is offline   #138
reasonablefan1
Advanced Geoffan

This was just act one of a five-act play, it set up the action, and I'm sure we'll learn all about how deadly the Cheetah is or why Giganta cut her hair.
ddf
Captain Calamity
Well I don't really care about Giganta's hair, but I'll disagree with on the Cheetah. You're right this is the beginning and that always has to be kept in mind - which is why, while I'm critical of issue #1, I'll give Heinberg a chance to prove me wrong.

BUT to use your analogy, when you introduce a character in a play two things are true (1) first impressions count and (2) whatever you do w/ the character later in the play, the character must be able to hit the story beats you assign to that character when they occur. So, yes, we will learn later what happened to Barbara Minerva BUT for this first issue the Cheetah is SUPPOSED to be a dangerous threat. She is supposed to seem dangerous and scary - and not in a "crazy cat lady" kind of way. And she wasn't.

I'll give you an example of how it can be done right - "Villains United" #1 and the first appearance of Catman. We all had a lot of questions about how he had transformed himself and what his motivations were (which is all good because that gets you to come back next issue), but it was absolutely clear from VU #1 that Catman was now someone to be reckoned with.

I don't really care how the Cheetah changed - I'm sure it is an interesting story that will be told at some point, and that's cool. I dislike the revamp because this new Cheetah seems to be about as dangerous as a circus line tamer. Maybe the cats are "magic cheetahs" but they just looked like big cats and the fact that Donna couldn't take them all out in 2 minutes did not leave me w/ the impression that Cheetah was tough, it left me w/ the impression that Donna was inept.

Old June 9th, 2006   4PointOh is offline   #139
4PointOh
The Lower Frequencies

I don't really care how the Cheetah changed - I'm sure it is an interesting story that will be told at some point, and that's cool. I dislike the revamp because this new Cheetah seems to be about as dangerous as a circus lion tamer. Maybe the cats are "magic cheetahs," but they just looked like big cats. And the fact that Donna couldn't take them all out in 2 minutes did not leave me w/ the impression that Cheetah was tough, it left me w/ the impression that Donna was inept.
ddf
reasonablefan1
Absolutely. And that, to me, signifies a problem in the writing.

Old June 9th, 2006   kipster is offline   #140
kipster
Super Hero Support

And no Donna isnt a founding member of the JL. She and Diana dont age anyway so noone would really be able to tell anyway.
ddf
Primal Slayer

Then how did Donna go from being a young teenage girl when the Teen Titans were formed, to a young woman in her early 20's now? She's obviously older now than she was 30 years ago, and does age.

Old June 9th, 2006   4PointOh is offline   #141
4PointOh
The Lower Frequencies

A friend just sent me this e-mail:

"This from a story in the Knoxville News...

'It's safe to say that Donna is Wonder Woman throughout my run,' says Allan Heinberg, the new Wonder Woman writer whose resume includes 'The O.C.'and, as of next fall, 'Grey's Anatomy.'"

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/fun_stuf...759758,00.html
Last edited by 4PointOh; June 9th, 2006 at 01:41 PM.

Old June 9th, 2006   Madison Lee is offline   #142
Madison Lee
Rebooted and ready!

I don't understand folks who find issue with the "new" Cheetah. So she isnt a laughable cat-person anymore...so what? How is she less dangerous? She has been taken out easily before she lost her fur.
It is ONE YEAR LATER, alot has happened. It is also post Infninite Crisis, where some things have been adjusted.
And YES Donna could take out any version of the Cheetah, I enjoy that she doesnt stop to cry. Donna has been in the game nearly as long as Di *post IC*.
And issue 2 isnt even out yet, so I am sure Cheetah will bring out her claws.

"On Earth I'm Lee,.....Linda Lee."
http://krypto-blog.blogspot.com
Old June 9th, 2006   Maplecroft is offline   #143
Maplecroft
The Fiddler of Azareth

'It's safe to say that Donna is Wonder Woman throughout my run,' says Allan Heinberg, the new Wonder Woman writer whose resume includes 'The O.C.'and, as of next fall, 'Grey's Anatomy.'"

ddf
4PointOh
just wonderful, I can't stand donna troy.

I rosin my bow with trigon's horn
Old June 9th, 2006   Ajax is offline   #144
Ajax

ddf
4PointOh
Yet, continues to say he is a great fan of the character and that this job is a dream come true. The main character, Diana, has had her home, her mother, her title, her gods, and her mission stripped from her. Now a new writer comes on putting a new character in the suit for the whole of his run and that is love? I'll wait for the next writer, thanks.