The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #33
Rion1986
persona non grata

Yes, an Elseworlds based on current continuity, not on other Elseworlds continuities.
ddf
Sonic Death Monkey
Elseworlds was written years ago before any of the current developments. Any sort of future story is an Elseworlds.

In case you haven't noticed, Talia is now even more evil than her father, and hates Batman. Therefore, no child. They couldn't have had a child earlier bc Selina is the first person Bruce slept with since becoming Batman in current continuity, and they only did it last year, after Talia started hating Bruce.

Old October 1st, 2005   Morgan K. is offline   #34
Morgan K.
Neo Geoffan

You know someone from the DC boards started a thread like this after OMAC#2 and its funny how Sasha gets hated on just because Bruce has deep feelings for her. I can't stand how SOME Bat-n-Cat fans are so bothered by the fact that Bruce has more than one love interest in his life. Batman and Catwoman have had sex... Ok and? They're always going to be on and off, nothing new there.

I'm not a Brulina only fan, if Bruce is with Talia, Silver, Sasha, or even Shondra Kinsolving (going way back there ) that doesn't bother me. Bruce is a womanizer and Selina, I'm sure is going to have more than one love interest along the way.

Tell me Jean, is this where old discos go to die?
Old October 1st, 2005   Matt Spatola is offline   #35
Matt Spatola
professional

Well maybe I should sleep with Catwoman to find out what all this fuss is! To me DC right now is a littled screwed continuity-wise. They are trying real hard to follow the plan they have for IC. So we will see how that takes any 'relationship' they have forward.

The Venger: Dead Man Rising #2 from Ronin Studios...on sale now HERE!!!

The Venger Website
Old October 1st, 2005   WARRIOR is offline   #36
WARRIOR
Deactivated

Who is this guy? Jeezus.

THIS, in all the world, is an issue for you? Who Batman has sex with??

Batman's like the James Bond of comics. Every adventure (or writer change) he gets a new love interest for a little while. Alan Grant liked Vicki Vale. Doug Moench gave us Vesper (my favorite). Rucka gave us Sasha. Joe Kelly got creative and had him tussle with Wonder Woman for a spell and and Loeb played up little boys' wet dreams and put him with Catwoman. It always changes and isn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things, wee one.

I'd be more worried if Batman DID settle down. As you should.

Settle down, I mean. Not worry.

After all, it'll all be alright.

-Dan

Old October 2nd, 2005   Bog is offline   #37
Bog
persona non grata

Last edited by James Melanson; October 3rd, 2005 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Inappropriate message.

Old October 2nd, 2005   tempest_81 is offline   #38
tempest_81
persona non grata

It's a big deal if you're a Brulina fan.

But I won't give up hope for my favourite comic book couple.
ddf
Rion1986

Brulina? Stop posting, now.

Old October 2nd, 2005   Scott Mateo is offline   #39
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Where's Bob Greenberger when you need him? This little link might prove to be somewhat is canon in Bat Continuity - Canon of the Bat

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old October 2nd, 2005   hedtrauma is offline   #40
hedtrauma
Neo Geoffan

Rion1986,

You are entirely way to hung up on this whole issue. They are fictional characters, let it go...

Who bothered to spawn you... and why!?
HedTrauma
Old October 2nd, 2005   Eric Q is offline   #41
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Rion1986,

You are entirely way to hung up on this whole issue. They are fictional characters, let it go...
ddf
hedtrauma
Thank you, besides Joani loves Chachi!

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old October 2nd, 2005   darthlucifuge is offline   #42
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

Rion1986,

ddf
hedtrauma
This guy is like this with many things. May it be The Multiverse, Batman doing the dirty, or britney spers having a baby born out of trailor trash. He just gets carried away and acts lik its real life and if his answer is not final were all buggers.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old October 2nd, 2005   Sonic Death Monkey is offline   #43
Sonic Death Monkey
Neo Geoffan

Plus, I suspect that Bats and Shiva are the parents of Batgirl. Take that!!!

WATCH THIS!!!!
Old October 2nd, 2005   Cousin Cory Springhorn is offline   #44
Cousin Cory Springhorn
Advanced Geoffan

That was the 70s, so it's not in continuity, bc it's pre-Crisis.
ddf
Rion1986
Rion, just because a story was published pre-Crisis does not necessarily mean it is out of continuity. Many pre-Crisis stories are still very much in continuity. The JLA/Secret Society mindswaps is just one example of a pre-Crisis story that has been very relevant lately. Some details of some stories may not be exactly as originally published, but the events happened in some similar form. A basic rule of thumb I suggest remembering is that any pre-Crisis Wonder Woman stories definitely did not happen. Any pre-Crisis Superman stories should be assumed not to have happened unless specifically referenced post-Crisis. However, any pre-Crisis Batman, Flash, or Green Lantern stories should be assumed to have happened, unless specifically contradicted post-Crisis.
I have not personally seen reason to doubt that Bruce and Silver's relationship was significantly different in the current continuity than originally presented. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, the existence of Dark Detective indicates that continuity is still valid. As for your assertion that Dark Detective is out of continuity, I don't see reason to believe that. Out of sequence, yes... I view this story as in-continuity, taking place at a time previous to the Hush storyline.

Old October 2nd, 2005   patman is offline   #45
patman

bats had a thing with sasha & now he wonders he & selina is a result of lobotomy (JLA #119) so maybe kissing sasha isn't such a far fetch thing. besides, he might just be giving some emotional support to sasha (given her unwanted conversion to an andriod).

my question is how come there are a number of DC comics now having multiple artists? seems to ruin a perfectly good comic book to have shifting styles. are the stories coming out too late to reach the printing deadlines?

Join us Rags Morales fans at http://groups.msn.com/ArtofRagsMorales. Visit his blog at http://rags.comicbloc.com/.
Old October 2nd, 2005   TheRay is offline   #46
TheRay
Supreme Geoffan

Who is this guy? Jeezus.

Batman's like the James Bond of comics. Every adventure (or writer change) he gets a new love interest for a little while. Alan Grant liked Vicki Vale. Doug Moench gave us Vesper (my favorite). Rucka gave us Sasha. Joe Kelly got creative and had him tussle with Wonder Woman for a spell and and Loeb played up little boys' wet dreams and put him with Catwoman. It always changes and isn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things, wee one.

I'd be more worried if Batman DID settle down. As you should.

Settle down, I mean. Not worry.

After all, it'll all be alright.

-Dan
ddf
WARRIOR
Thank you. I was almost getting... creeped out.

Just a little.

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.penland
Xbox Live ID: TrumpetDan
Playstation Network ID: TheRay3
Steam: TrumpetDan
Old October 2nd, 2005   TonyReese is offline   #47
TonyReese
I can see you too.

At least this isn't about Superman's false virginity. You do know he had sex with a few gals before Lois?
Amazing Grace, Big Barta, just to name too. Although in all fairness, he was under spells when those too happened. I always wanted to see if Amazing Grace had gotten pregnant by supes and Darkseid raised a young 'Supergirl' to be her father's ultimate downfall.

Old October 2nd, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #48
Rion1986
persona non grata

Rion1986,

ddf
hedtrauma
Ok, well please make sure you say the exact same thing to the Blue Beetle fans and the fans of all the other dead characters out there. Tell them to let it go, and enjoy the reaction.

Closed Thread