The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old August 15th, 2005   squirrelly bob is offline   #1
squirrelly bob

Location: Decatur, IL....home of Millikin University and Capital Comics and Games

Default EUREKA! I've solved it, maybe. **potential spoilers**

Ok, So I was thinking about Crisis Counseling at WW:Chicago and something I asked Rucka and DiDio about whether Teen Titans, Outsiders, and other titles were created with the Infinite Crisis in mind from the get go. Rucka said something along the lines of well, look who's writing both those books (Johns and Winick), do you think that's a coincidence? It seems to be that many newer titles from the past two or three years will be tied directly into the Infinite Crisis. Besides Teen Titans and Outsiders, Firestorm, Manhunter, Breach, and Supergirl. Doom Patrol was new too but I don't think it's going to be that crucial to the Infinite Crisis. Breach's last issue is in November but I think he'll be a lead in to the Infinite Crisis stuff since he's been watched by the Society like Firestorm, Manhunter, and Supergirl have been as well. OK well back to my crackpot theory of this whole things been planned and orchestrated for the past two years or so. Graduation Day was a given that it was a set up for something bigger. I mean Donna Troy is back, Lilith might be as well. Just look at the old JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice storyline. Despero and Johnny Sorrow attacked the wizard Shazam and freed the Seven Deadly Sins of Man from the Rock of Eternity to attack members of the JLA and JSA. Despero was even disguised in Lex Luthor's body. It seems too convenient for all of these guys to be showing up again now. Despero is back in JLA and he's revealed to be the one who has un-mindwiped the Secret Society of Supervillians. In the November cover of Outsiders, Katana is shown against the Seven Deadly Sins of Man who are somehow free from the Rock of Eternity. Wait a second, I'll take a guess that the events of Day of Vengeance will break the chains of the Rock of Eternity and we will see not only the Seven Deadly Sins of Man back but also Johnny Sorrow and the deadly MORDRU. But wait in the November solicit for JSA it says that Mordru has returned hmmmm. Johnny Sorrow will be next I tell ya. Look at the Teen Titans' battles since their new series started. Deathstroke, Brother Blood II, that ZooKeeper guy, Dr. Light, Luthor and Brainiac. Brother Blood was magically imprisoned in an alternate dimension. But last issue of TT showed him preparing to return with Lilith with him. Could Trigon be far behind? Outsiders have had some battles as well. They stopped the Joker from killing Lex Luthor, fought the original Brother Blood which resulted in the new young Brother Blood II, fought the demon Sabbac, the Fearsome Five, the child slavery ring, and Brainiac 8 herself. Judging from the fallout awaiting from Day of Vengeance, I will say that Sabbac could be back anytime soon and I'm 100% sure that Sivana and the Fearsome Five will return as well. Man this Infinite Crisis thing is gonna suck for the Superheroes. They'll be up against the OMACs, the Society, Onimar Synn, AND the returning formerly magically imprisoned supervillians like Brother Blood and Mordru who are reaaaaaaaly angry and ready for some revenge. Not to mention their alliances are breaking apart after Identity Crisis, Sacrifice, and Crisis of Conscience. I hear all this talk of the Anti-Monitor returning, but you know what I think the story is reaching Crisis proportions already. The return of the Anti-Monitor would be just too much to handle wouldn't it, although didn't they bring back the Psycho Pirate? I haven't even considered the ramifications of the powerful women in the DCU going crazy. I mean we have Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Power Girl, Oracle, and Batgirl put through the most emotionally toiling days of their life lately. I mean WW already proved she can kick Clark's ass and snap a guy's neck. Donna Troy is like the warrior goddess now. Wonder Girl is discovering her powers when she goes into rage. Supergirl and Power Girl can't even be in the same vicinity without killing each other it seems. Oracle is infected with some sort of Brainiac/OMAC virus and Batgirl is stumbling upon the new League of Assasins and Lazarus Pit projects all while trying to find out who the heck her mom is. She's probably the most lethal human superhero in the DCU too besides, I almost forgot Kate Spencer the latest Manhunter. Hell, there's the new Justice League right there. The men wouldn't stand a chance against them. Diana, Donna, Cassie, Kara, Karen, Barbara, Cassandra, and Kate. Let's not forget Mia and Dinah. Oh and wait there's also Jade who has had a rough year with the Outsiders as well. There's my theory: the Justice League will be all women. Doubt it will happen, but hey if it did, they would kick some butt wouldn't they. There's just no Flash. But wait isn't a Crisis coming anyways?!

Old August 15th, 2005   Hunter is offline   #2
Hunter
Neo Geoffan

Dude... nice theory... but **** man.. use some spaces and indent....wow.... must take a tylenol....

Old August 15th, 2005   avathar476 is offline   #3
avathar476
Vagabond

Dude... nice theory... but **** man.. use some spaces and indent....wow.... must take a tylenol....
ddf
Hunter

" For every season there's a reason."
Old August 15th, 2005   jasonleo is offline   #4
jasonleo
Genius Honky Horseman

so you are saying that crisis is all about making the Justice League an all female team?

caught a ride with a trickster and a javelin man
to a town down by the sea
Old August 15th, 2005   avathar476 is offline   #5
avathar476
Vagabond

so you are saying that crisis is all about making the Justice League an all female team?
ddf
jasonleo

Old August 15th, 2005   jasonleo is offline   #6
jasonleo
Genius Honky Horseman

ddf
avathar476
um, yeah my thoughts exactly.

caught a ride with a trickster and a javelin man
to a town down by the sea
Old August 15th, 2005   avathar476 is offline   #7
avathar476
Vagabond

um, yeah my thoughts exactly.
ddf
jasonleo

Old August 15th, 2005   red lantern is offline   #8
red lantern*
Now with less rage!

Well, according to that theory, I shouldn't have bothered reading the outsiders. It's johns writing infinite, not winick, right?

Then again, who's writing batman?

Actually, I don't know if it's really revealing anything.

If you want to look at trends, look at how themes from previous "events" have reared their proverbial head in the direction of the latest crisis. I think if you tie them together, to the events going on right now, you'd probably have something close to what's going to happen.

And yet I still think there's a lot that johns is just snickering about as he reads this stuff.

We are so clueless.

Red Lantern: Occasional poster to comicbloc and a frequent menace to the raging bullets podcast and forums.
Old August 15th, 2005   Can1 is offline   #9
Can1
Supporters

I'm just thinking he needs more of these

lots more of them

Buy what you like and you will never be disappointed!!
Old August 15th, 2005   avathar476 is offline   #10
avathar476
Vagabond

I'm just thinking he needs more of these

lots more of them
ddf
Can1

Old August 16th, 2005   Wilder Midnight2 is offline   #11
Wilder Midnight2
dandelion

Ok, So I was thinking about Crisis Counseling at WW:Chicago and something I asked Rucka and DiDio about whether Teen Titans, Outsiders, and other titles were created with the Infinite Crisis in mind from the get go. Rucka said something along the lines of well, look who's writing both those books (Johns and Winick), do you think that's a coincidence? It seems to be that many newer titles from the past two or three years will be tied directly into the Infinite Crisis. Besides Teen Titans and Outsiders, Firestorm, Manhunter, Breach, and Supergirl. Doom Patrol was new too but I don't think it's going to be that crucial to the Infinite Crisis. Breach's last issue is in November but I think he'll be a lead in to the Infinite Crisis stuff since he's been watched by the Society like Firestorm, Manhunter, and Supergirl have been as well. OK well back to my crackpot theory of this whole things been planned and orchestrated for the past two years or so. Graduation Day was a given that it was a set up for something bigger. I mean Donna Troy is back, Lilith might be as well. Just look at the old JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice storyline. Despero and Johnny Sorrow attacked the wizard Shazam and freed the Seven Deadly Sins of Man from the Rock of Eternity to attack members of the JLA and JSA. Despero was even disguised in Lex Luthor's body. It seems too convenient for all of these guys to be showing up again now. Despero is back in JLA and he's revealed to be the one who has un-mindwiped the Secret Society of Supervillians. In the November cover of Outsiders, Katana is shown against the Seven Deadly Sins of Man who are somehow free from the Rock of Eternity. Wait a second, I'll take a guess that the events of Day of Vengeance will break the chains of the Rock of Eternity and we will see not only the Seven Deadly Sins of Man back but also Johnny Sorrow and the deadly MORDRU. But wait in the November solicit for JSA it says that Mordru has returned hmmmm. Johnny Sorrow will be next I tell ya. Look at the Teen Titans' battles since their new series started. Deathstroke, Brother Blood II, that ZooKeeper guy, Dr. Light, Luthor and Brainiac. Brother Blood was magically imprisoned in an alternate dimension. But last issue of TT showed him preparing to return with Lilith with him. Could Trigon be far behind? Outsiders have had some battles as well. They stopped the Joker from killing Lex Luthor, fought the original Brother Blood which resulted in the new young Brother Blood II, fought the demon Sabbac, the Fearsome Five, the child slavery ring, and Brainiac 8 herself. Judging from the fallout awaiting from Day of Vengeance, I will say that Sabbac could be back anytime soon and I'm 100% sure that Sivana and the Fearsome Five will return as well. Man this Infinite Crisis thing is gonna suck for the Superheroes. They'll be up against the OMACs, the Society, Onimar Synn, AND the returning formerly magically imprisoned supervillians like Brother Blood and Mordru who are reaaaaaaaly angry and ready for some revenge. Not to mention their alliances are breaking apart after Identity Crisis, Sacrifice, and Crisis of Conscience. I hear all this talk of the Anti-Monitor returning, but you know what I think the story is reaching Crisis proportions already. The return of the Anti-Monitor would be just too much to handle wouldn't it, although didn't they bring back the Psycho Pirate? I haven't even considered the ramifications of the powerful women in the DCU going crazy. I mean we have Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Power Girl, Oracle, and Batgirl put through the most emotionally toiling days of their life lately. I mean WW already proved she can kick Clark's ass and snap a guy's neck. Donna Troy is like the warrior goddess now. Wonder Girl is discovering her powers when she goes into rage. Supergirl and Power Girl can't even be in the same vicinity without killing each other it seems. Oracle is infected with some sort of Brainiac/OMAC virus and Batgirl is stumbling upon the new League of Assasins and Lazarus Pit projects all while trying to find out who the heck her mom is. She's probably the most lethal human superhero in the DCU too besides, I almost forgot Kate Spencer the latest Manhunter. Hell, there's the new Justice League right there. The men wouldn't stand a chance against them. Diana, Donna, Cassie, Kara, Karen, Barbara, Cassandra, and Kate. Let's not forget Mia and Dinah. Oh and wait there's also Jade who has had a rough year with the Outsiders as well. There's my theory: the Justice League will be all women. Doubt it will happen, but hey if it did, they would kick some butt wouldn't they. There's just no Flash. But wait isn't a Crisis coming anyways?!
ddf
squirrelly bob

um.

what?

Old August 16th, 2005   Danny Mullins is offline   #12
Danny Mullins
Geoffan

Ok, So I was thinking about Crisis Counseling at WW:Chicago and something I asked Rucka and DiDio about whether Teen Titans, Outsiders, and other titles were created with the Infinite Crisis in mind from the get go. Rucka said something along the lines of well, look who's writing both those books (Johns and Winick), do you think that's a coincidence? It seems to be that many newer titles from the past two or three years will be tied directly into the Infinite Crisis. Besides Teen Titans and Outsiders, Firestorm, Manhunter, Breach, and Supergirl. Doom Patrol was new too but I don't think it's going to be that crucial to the Infinite Crisis. Breach's last issue is in November but I think he'll be a lead in to the Infinite Crisis stuff since he's been watched by the Society like Firestorm, Manhunter, and Supergirl have been as well.

OK well back to my crackpot theory of this whole things been planned and orchestrated for the past two years or so. Graduation Day was a given that it was a set up for something bigger. I mean Donna Troy is back, Lilith might be as well. Just look at the old JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice storyline. Despero and Johnny Sorrow attacked the wizard Shazam and freed the Seven Deadly Sins of Man from the Rock of Eternity to attack members of the JLA and JSA. Despero was even disguised in Lex Luthor's body. It seems too convenient for all of these guys to be showing up again now.

Despero is back in JLA and he's revealed to be the one who has un-mindwiped the Secret Society of Supervillians. In the November cover of Outsiders, Katana is shown against the Seven Deadly Sins of Man who are somehow free from the Rock of Eternity. Wait a second, I'll take a guess that the events of Day of Vengeance will break the chains of the Rock of Eternity and we will see not only the Seven Deadly Sins of Man back but also Johnny Sorrow and the deadly MORDRU. But wait in the November solicit for JSA it says that Mordru has returned hmmmm. Johnny Sorrow will be next I tell ya.

Look at the Teen Titans' battles since their new series started. Deathstroke, Brother Blood II, that ZooKeeper guy, Dr. Light, Luthor and Brainiac. Brother Blood was magically imprisoned in an alternate dimension. But last issue of TT showed him preparing to return with Lilith with him. Could Trigon be far behind? Outsiders have had some battles as well. They stopped the Joker from killing Lex Luthor, fought the original Brother Blood which resulted in the new young Brother Blood II, fought the demon Sabbac, the Fearsome Five, the child slavery ring, and Brainiac 8 herself. Judging from the fallout awaiting from Day of Vengeance, I will say that Sabbac could be back anytime soon and I'm 100% sure that Sivana and the Fearsome Five will return as well.

Man, this Infinite Crisis thing is gonna suck for the Superheroes. They'll be up against the OMACs, the Society, Onimar Synn, AND the returning formerly magically imprisoned supervillians like Brother Blood and Mordru who are reaaaaaaaly angry and ready for some revenge. Not to mention their alliances are breaking apart after Identity Crisis, Sacrifice, and Crisis of Conscience.

I hear all this talk of the Anti-Monitor returning, but you know what I think the story is reaching Crisis proportions already. The return of the Anti-Monitor would be just too much to handle wouldn't it, although didn't they bring back the Psycho Pirate? I haven't even considered the ramifications of the powerful women in the DCU going crazy.

I mean we have Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Power Girl, Oracle, and Batgirl put through the most emotionally toiling days of their life lately. I mean WW already proved she can kick Clark's ass and snap a guy's neck. Donna Troy is like the warrior goddess now. Wonder Girl is discovering her powers when she goes into rage. Supergirl and Power Girl can't even be in the same vicinity without killing each other it seems. Oracle is infected with some sort of Brainiac/OMAC virus and Batgirl is stumbling upon the new League of Assasins and Lazarus Pit projects all while trying to find out who the heck her mom is. She's probably the most lethal human superhero in the DCU too besides, I almost forgot Kate Spencer the latest Manhunter.

Hell, there's the new Justice League right there. The men wouldn't stand a chance against them. Diana, Donna, Cassie, Kara, Karen, Barbara, Cassandra, and Kate. Let's not forget Mia and Dinah. Oh and wait there's also Jade who has had a rough year with the Outsiders as well. There's my theory: the Justice League will be all women. Doubt it will happen, but hey if it did, they would kick some butt wouldn't they. There's just no Flash. But wait isn't a Crisis coming anyways?!
ddf
squirrelly bob
Spacing added for a clearer read.

Judd Winick and Ron Garney Team up to to tell a story that will finally get Chris Hansbrough to Shut the **** up
Old August 16th, 2005   Brian LaBelle is offline   #13
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

Trigon is coming back.

Brother Blood will bring him back.

He'll be a major bad guy in Crisis 2!

Old August 16th, 2005   Mr Prince is offline   #14
Mr Prince
Advanced Geoffan

Ow. Paragraphs, please!

All the best...

Scott

Gargantua... Stop... *We're friends! - Lynda Carter
Old August 16th, 2005   Danny Mullins is offline   #15
Danny Mullins
Geoffan

Trigon is coming back.

Brother Blood will bring him back.

He'll be a major bad guy in Crisis 2!

ddf
Brian LaBelle
Cheater. That was my idea months ago. :P

Judd Winick and Ron Garney Team up to to tell a story that will finally get Chris Hansbrough to Shut the **** up
Old August 16th, 2005   Captain Calamity is offline   #16
Captain Calamity
Geoffan

Trigon should be a major DCU villain.

Anyone remember in NTT (vol 2) Ish 4-5, when they showed the Justice League being tortured by Trigon? I'd love to see what their nightmare doopplegangers were like.

Titans Together!