The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old September 22nd, 2005   Geoff Johns is offline   #1
Geoff Johns
Premier

Default Three weeks...

Geoff

Old September 22nd, 2005   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #2
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

until what? :P

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old September 22nd, 2005   Brian LaBelle is offline   #3
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

Infinite loss of funds on pay day.

Old September 22nd, 2005   Sonic Death Monkey is offline   #4
Sonic Death Monkey
Neo Geoffan

until what? :P
ddf
Chris Hansbrough
Canadian Thanksgiving!

Old September 22nd, 2005   BrandonFordDodds is offline   #5
BrandonFordDodds
Geoffan

three weeks until...DOOM!

In new DCU, taco eats you. -Hernandez Didio
Old September 22nd, 2005   Brian LaBelle is offline   #6
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

Canadian Thanksgiving!
ddf
Sonic Death Monkey
Sweet merciful Minerva!!!

If our comics are late, heads will roll!!!

Old September 22nd, 2005   Michael Through Time is offline   #7
Michael Through Time
Neo Geoffan

And why do I get the feeling we still have no idea what IC is really about yet? All the clues, hints, distractions over the summer...what are they paving the way for?

I'm looking forward to finding out. It isn't often I find a crossover I enjoy reading about. For every Crisis on Infinite Earths or Secret War, there is Infinity Crusade and War Of The Gods. This has been a very enjoyable run of books for me and while I know you're not the only hand in the pie Geoff, I want to thank you and the other creators who had a hand in this. It's been one of the best years in comics I've ever had. And it's because of all the great stories you've and others have told. Especially leading to this. I can't wait.

Thank you.
MTT

The most important philosophy of life: Expand Your Horizons
Old September 22nd, 2005   BrucePristine is offline   #8
BrucePristine
Neo Geoffan

And why do I get the feeling we still have no idea what IC is really about yet? All the clues, hints, distractions over the summer...what are they paving the way for?
ddf
Michael Through Time
ooh, you know, you're right. and isn't it nice not to know exactly what's going on? I hope they manage to keep things under wraps a bit - no giving IC #1 to stores the week before, as happened with Identiy Crisis.

I also suspect (though could be wrong) that many of the recent solicits are witholding key pieces of info. This month's batch seemed surprisingly light on Crisis related stuff - and as someone pointed out there's not even a mention of Power Girl despite her being cover featured last month. hmm, curiouser and curiouser!

Repeat after me:
There's no such word as 'VILLIAN'.
Old September 22nd, 2005   Calcite is offline   #9
Calcite
Neo Geoffan

Can't you tell, Michael? Infinite Crisis is about the return of the concept of "multiverse" to the DC universe. We've seen snippets of it leak through the cracks, like in the Degaton plotline in JSA, the Crime Syndicate in JLA, and pretty much anything Superman / Batman. Now we're coming to that particular plot apex.

Thing is, we'll have to see what becomes of it. I doubt it'll be the big ridiculous event of Crisis on Infinite Earths, where if you didn't follow all instances of a character you were quite confused when it hit. I suspect it'll be a transition comic as well as an event, to introduce the multiverse concept and give some examples of what that means, such as very different versions of our familiar characters.

That is, at least, the narrative background. Thematically, Infinite Crisis seems to be about the fundamentals; what it takes to be a hero in an age of metahumans and wanton disregard for life and livelihood.

Rehlehnah tso rahnahl yahrtee shuhfaitee te fah keelehn.
Old September 22nd, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #10
Rion1986
persona non grata

Canadian Thanksgiving!
ddf
Sonic Death Monkey
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I guess we'll be getting the October 12 comics a day late.

Old September 22nd, 2005   KevinTBrown is offline   #11
KevinTBrown
My give a damn's busted

I'm looking forward to finding out. It isn't often I find a crossover I enjoy reading about. For every Crisis on Infinite Earths or Secret War, there is Infinity Crusade and War Of The Gods. This has been a very enjoyable run of books for me and while I know you're not the only hand in the pie Geoff, I want to thank you and the other creators who had a hand in this. It's been one of the best years in comics I've ever had. And it's because of all the great stories you've and others have told. Especially leading to this. I can't wait.

Thank you.
MTT
ddf
Michael Through Time
Actually, I think this week's Green Lantern Corp: Recharge supplied the biggest clue..... When Kilowog mentioned that the Guardians had said the universe was about to change.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

KTB is right...
ddf
Mackaybear
Old September 22nd, 2005   anthony_lynch15 is offline   #12
anthony_lynch15
aka. Anthony Lynch

Infinite loss of funds on pay day.
ddf
Brian LaBelle
lol

Sweet merciful Minerva!!!
If our comics are late, heads will roll!!!
ddf
Brian LaBelle
Now wouldn't that be amusing

Old September 22nd, 2005   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #13
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

Actually, I think this week's Green Lantern Corp: Recharge supplied the biggest clue..... When Kilowog mentioned that the Guardians had said the universe was about to change.
ddf
KevinTBrown

OR that could be one of Geoff's classic misleads that he had all throughout Rebirth.

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old September 22nd, 2005   Can1 is offline   #14
Can1
Supporters

OR that could be one of Geoff's classic misleads that he had all throughout Rebirth.
ddf
Jeffrey Neary

Jeff

Actually there have been no misleads .... just a lot of folks thinking in absolutes .... in mutually exclusive scenarios .... that it was impossible that a strong character piece could be a sequel to something like COIE and that a character piece could not also be something that rewirtes the cosmic geography. Folks have been too quick to think that the aftermath of IC will be something comfortable ... something warm and fuzzy ... either post Crisis continuity as usual or an absolute return to the pre-Crisis multiverse. I see a lot of 'this or that scenarios'

I've said this in the past ... think B I G ... think F U N ... think about a story that sets up not just the next generation of continuity .... think of a story that gives us the ability to change and adapt in future generation.

Buy what you like and you will never be disappointed!!
Old September 22nd, 2005   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #15
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

Can,

Did you read the director's commentary about Rebirth in Wizard when Geoff, Ethan and Pete talked about various things they put into the comic to purposefully mislead the readers?

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old September 22nd, 2005   Astro@work is offline   #16
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

Three weeks...

...until Kal-L crawls out of the OTHER end of the void, dragging the anti-monitor by the scruff of the neck, and the internet cracks in half!

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com