The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old January 22nd, 2016   superfriend is offline   #1
superfriend
laughs at comics

Default DC Comics To Relaunch Everything With #1s Again This Summer With A Film/TV Bent???

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...a-filmtv-bent/

http://www.comicsbeat.com/report-dc-...-centric-line/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...-just-tweeted/

http://www.comicsbeat.com/and-now-a-...rding-rebirth/

Bleeding Cool has run a number of stories about upcoming changes expected after the publication of the issue 52s of the remaining New 52 launch titles from five years ago.

And it seems like it’s time to do the New 52 Relaunch all over again, in June.

Bleeding Cool broke the story on a spate of name change relaunches and certain books going bi-weekly at DC Comics this summer. But it seems this is only a part of it.

I understand that a top down change has filtered through the publisher which will see another relaunch for DC Comics with everything getting a new #1 in June – those that survive that is.

And the new line even more dominated with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad-related titles.

Anything tying in with a film and/or TV show like Flash, Green Arrow will be okay, anything that’s not is less so. I haven’t heard about Green Lantern...

But yes, this will mean another big issue 1 relaunch. Could this be All-New All-Different A-Bit-Like-The-TV-Shows DC Comics?

Developing…
ddf
Bleeding Cool
dafuq

observe everything, admire nothing
Old January 22nd, 2016   JRM is offline   #2
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Blah ...

Loving the money, I'm saving.

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old January 22nd, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #3
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

Seems really early to relaunch ANOTHER continuity. Is this more of a cosmetic change? (Everything before counted, but it's now got the look and feel of the cinematic U, and new #1's...?)

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old January 22nd, 2016   BrianT is offline   #4
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Yeah. I think it's too to say the continuity will be rebooted as well. Either way, a massive line wide change is desperately needed for DC, so I'm for it.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old January 22nd, 2016   Foggy's Pal is offline   #5
Foggy's Pal

Yeah. I think it's too to say the continuity will be rebooted as well. Either way, a massive line wide change is desperately needed for DC, so I'm for it.
ddf
BrianT View Post
I am in as well. I assume they are trying to capitalize on the success of their tv shows and the predicted success of their movies like Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, and WonderWoman, among others. It makes sense. I am enjoying quite a few books right now, so I will give it a chance.

Old January 23rd, 2016   mego joe is offline   #6
mego joe
Geoffan

But will it be movie or tv versions? Flash will have a presence in both realms. how do you reconcile Supergirl TV with Superman in the movies?

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old January 23rd, 2016   ronaldj is offline   #7
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

the end is near or I will like all the money I will be saving....

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old January 25th, 2016   Penny Dreadful is offline   #8
Penny Dreadful
At times dark, never grim

But will it be movie or tv versions? Flash will have a presence in both realms. how do you reconcile Supergirl TV with Superman in the movies?
ddf
mego joe View Post
Have they noticed Marvel's outselling them even though the comics don't follow Marvel movies?

Didn't they just announce DCYOU seven months ago?

Didn't they also say last summer that DC was done with reboots?

On a long, extended break from massive comic-book events.
Old January 25th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #9
[email protected]

Seems like DCYOU also fell flat, so they are scrambling.

Considering I'm enjoying the TV-Arrow far more than the comic, and the Supergirl TV gets everything right that has been bungled with the angry alien comic Supergirl, and the Teen Titans bear no resemblance to any iconic version....I don't see this as a bad thing.

I'm hopeful for Wonder Woman and Superman costumes that look like the movie, an iconic Teen Titans, a likeable Supergirl who has met the Danvers.

Don't see any need to tamper with the JLA or Flash...those line up pretty well.

Curious what they'll do with Hawkman/Hawkgirl and the Atom since they're getting lots of love on TV as well.

Old January 25th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #10
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Here's my take on Rebirth, including what current title may be leading up to it. Please check it out and share. Thanks!

http://www.examiner.com/article/dc-c...ases-a-rebirth

Subscribe to my page
Old January 25th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #11
[email protected]

Here's my take on Rebirth, including what current title may be leading up to it. Please check it out and share. Thanks!

http://www.examiner.com/article/dc-c...ases-a-rebirth
ddf
BrianT View Post
Nice article. Had considered the angle of the book you suggested, but it makes a lot of sense. It would also tie back to Convergence, which shook up a lot of continuities.

Old January 26th, 2016   starks is offline   #12
starks
Geoffan

A little worried for some titles I'm reading, as I think they're going really well right now. Will have to see what gets affected.

Old January 26th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #13
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Nice article. Had considered the angle of the book you suggested, but it makes a lot of sense. It would also tie back to Convergence, which shook up a lot of continuities.
ddf
Thanks for checking it out!

With Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver unofficially officially attached to the project, that's just one more connection.

I was looking at the December sales chart today and, well, things are not good. Not many DC titles at non-cancellation levels, reboot or not.

That said, Marvel is also over saturating their own market with new titles already in the low 20K range.

Subscribe to my page
Old January 27th, 2016   WeirdoLegionnaire is offline   #14
WeirdoLegionnaire
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Marvel's latest reboot's a flop, with books selling BELOW their levels before the reboot.

So I think DC's smart enough to realize a line-wide reboot isn't a good idea.

Rebirth is a powerful term for DC, it brought back Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. So whatever this is, it'll be big.

Old January 27th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #15
Amentep

Marvel's latest reboot's a flop, with books selling BELOW their levels before the reboot.
ddf
WeirdoLegionnaire View Post
I'll use SILK as an example, I was really enjoying the title pre-SW and even the last days was fun, but the return has been a jumble sale of ideas and it has cooled my interest in the title.

So DC really needs to be careful - reboots can certainly harm the momentum a book might have.

Old January 28th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #16
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

So DC really needs to be careful - reboots can certainly harm the momentum a book might have.
ddf
Amentep View Post
The difference here is, how many DC books currently have any momentum? Many are already well below cancellation levels and those that aren't are still performing poorly. HARLEY QUINN seems to be the only one with momentum. BATGIRL supposedly does well digitally. What else could they put at risk that isn't already?

Subscribe to my page