The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old January 16th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Arrow Homeland - Season Three

From Dark Horizons: "Homeland" Resets For Its Third Season

Showtime's "Homeland" will undergo a minor reboot later this year in the wake of the events of the second season finale. Producer Howard Gordon says "it is a little bit of a reset, it is really promising at the same time."

After universal acclaim for its first season, the second season of the series has met a more divisive reaction. The most common complaints were leveled at the frequently pointless hit-and-run storyline involving Brody's daughter Dana, and some dubious plot twists that felt more akin to the wild shenanigans of "24" than the grounded reality of the first season.

Some changes this past season though were well-regarded, such as the successful addition of Rupert Friend's Quinn character. Gordon says he is keen to introduce new characters and plot points for a third season that will be smaller in scale. The producer compares future episodes to the works of classic Cold War espionage author John le Carré ("Tinker Tailor Solider Spy," "The Spy Who Came In From The Cold")

He also answered the big question - will Damian Lewis return? "He's alive so of course he'll be back. One of the great challenges of next [season] is how he'll be back. But there's no doubt that he will be back."
ddf

Old September 3rd, 2013   Navydeepsea is offline   #2
Navydeepsea*
Carter Hall Wannabe

Going back to work on homeland EPs. 9 and 10. After 29 auditions for everything from Revolution to Under the dome I can't wait to get back to the show that I got my SAG card from.

Read Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes. Then go Run ya lazy ass.
Old September 3rd, 2013   RoseWilson is offline   #3
RoseWilson
Advanced Geoffan

Looking forward to it. I enjoyed season 2 and think the criticisms were well over the top. Still one of the best shows on TV.

Old September 18th, 2013   chrisbenes is offline   #4
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

one of the best Cable shows on TV...Cannot wait for season 3!!!

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old November 23rd, 2013   Matches is offline   #5
Matches
stepping aside

This show has been on an upswing lately after an uneven start. It's benefitted greatly from dropping the lame teen drama and focusing on the spy stuff. It's still hugely implausible but it tends to stay within its own "rules" pretty well. Last week's ep was excellent.

I miss Mrs. Brody though - would like to see them work her back into the story, hopefully without Dana.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old November 23rd, 2013   Alan is offline   #6
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

Also loving it. Is Jess pregnant in real life? She looks distinctly bigger tan usual.

I like the fact that Dana is central (she's hard more screen time than her dad so far) as it brings the impact of people's actions home.

Old November 24th, 2013   Matches is offline   #7
Matches
stepping aside

Yea, she is pregnant. Thus the.. uh.. bigger-ness and the lack of below-the-waist shots.

Old November 25th, 2013   chrisbenes is offline   #8
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

I'm 4 episodes behind...figure I'll catch up this week with the holiday

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old December 14th, 2013   Matches is offline   #9
Matches
stepping aside

So with the season finale this week - is this the end of Brody? There doesn't seem any plausible way to extract him from the room he's in, but Homeland is prone to sacrificing plausibility when it needs to.

My prediction: they're teasing his death SO hard that a swerve is on the way. He'll be written out but in an ambiguous way, i.e. no body. Then whenever they decide to end the show they can bring him back one last time.

Old December 14th, 2013   JRCarter is offline   #10
JRCarter
Advanced Geoffan

Homeland Exclusive: Two Original Castmembers Not Returning as Regulars in Season 4

Old December 21st, 2013   Matches is offline   #11
Matches
stepping aside

Finale was one of the better eps in some time IMO. For some reason my TV room got all dusty....

re: the post above - there are more than just two regular cast members that won't be returning. BIG developments in the finale.