The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old March 11th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #1
Amentep

Default Guardians of Infinity

Read the first issue (have the first three because Abnett). Liked it pretty well, intrigued to see where it goes. Back-up was just okay.

The Classic Guardians team took me a bit to recognize (Martinex and Nikki - not sure why). But it was fun, looking forward to the other two issues I have.

Old March 11th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #2
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I read the first issue as it came with Funko's Marvel Collector Corps "Guardians of the Galaxy" mystery box. I thought it did a poor job of establishing the premise of the book and who the teams were. I'm only familiar with the Present and Future teams.

And I was pretty underwhelmed by the back up too. And I like Thing's history as a pro wrestler.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old March 14th, 2016   Jorge Galvan is offline   #3
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

I am so far NOT impressed with what MARVEL has been doing with the ORIGINAL and REAL Guardians.

I know GOI is juts a ruse to get them in the spotlight for now and make a very slight and SAD effort to give them some exposure.

What really pisses me off is when they had that Guardian TEAM UP book, NOT ONE ISSUE featured ANY of the classic guardians! Even now with the back up stories, NO ORIGINAL guardians.

When they had the Guardian 3000 book, we did NOT have a conclusive ending, thanks to secret Bores!!

I am just expecting them to SWEEP them away again and have the SCABS take over. ****!

Old March 16th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

I read the first issue as it came with Funko's Marvel Collector Corps "Guardians of the Galaxy" mystery box. I thought it did a poor job of establishing the premise of the book and who the teams were. I'm only familiar with the Present and Future teams.

And I was pretty underwhelmed by the back up too. And I like Thing's history as a pro wrestler.
ddf
BrianT View Post
I dunno the premise seems to be fairly straight forward - doorway ship juts into different timelines, the Guardians fight bad stuff.

Whether they can extend that premise beyond that setup/initial story is another thing entirely. It reminds me a good bit of the "Legion of the Damned" storyline back when Abnett and Lanning took over the title, to be honest.

Ultimately the backups haven't been memorable.

Old March 16th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #5
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I dunno the premise seems to be fairly straight forward - doorway ship juts into different timelines, the Guardians fight bad stuff.

Whether they can extend that premise beyond that setup/initial story is another thing entirely. It reminds me a good bit of the "Legion of the Damned" storyline back when Abnett and Lanning took over the title, to be honest.

Ultimately the backups haven't been memorable.
ddf
Amentep View Post
But if one doesn't know what a "doorway ship" is or any of the other Guardians teams are, then, no, it's not so straight forward.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old March 17th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #6
Amentep

I dunno what the doorway ship is either, other than a ship...with doors. To other times.

But I do know the other Guardians teams that are pre-existing and Abnett's take on them, so...