The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People

ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People Everyone gets a blog, subscribe to others' blogs, get feeds, and more!

Old September 22nd, 2011   zekeman1 is offline   #1
zekeman1
Master Geoffan

Default is it just me ?

There's a new blog entry added:

is it just me ?

i am appalled about the show person of interest . the idea that someone is constantly monitoring all emails, cell phone calls, and phone calls to "prevent " crimes. excuse me , but we stilll have freedoms in america . maybe some people are willing to let go of all personal rights and privacy, but i am not. by using this, he is the bad guy. sorry, don't pull that but he does it in the best interest of society crap. what kind of society would tolerate no privacy ? are we going to have camera's follow us into bathroom and our beds ? should we leave the doors opens so police can randomly search homes? my god, we are becoming a society of cows. where is the outrage ? big brother is us.
ddf

bob

ben, does it have a hemi ?
Old September 23rd, 2011   Amentep is offline   #2
Amentep

To my mind its a TV show and TV shows often do things that wouldn't happen in real life.

But to be honest, catching the last few minutes of the show (was settling in to watch The Mentalist), I'd say even the main characters know they're the bad guys and that their plan isn't going to end well for either of them. Even without the invasion of privacy issue, Caveziel's character seems to be breaking several laws (including killing people) to arrange the things that need to happen to protect the "innocent" parties.

Old September 25th, 2011   flashsuper is offline   #3
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

I think it's a great show.

I have had a rebirth.
Old September 28th, 2011   DaVeO is offline   #4
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

It's just a show, it's okay to be outraged at the characters as I'm sure the actors would be happy to hear they stirred an emotion in their audience. But to be outraged at a fictional show? I don't know, just never happened to me. I've disliked shows because of poor acting or writing but never just for its premise.
Last edited by TitansFan; November 30th, 2011 at 07:36 AM.

Where ever you go, there you are.