The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People

ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People Everyone gets a blog, subscribe to others' blogs, get feeds, and more!

Old February 3rd, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #1
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Default We need to start a ComicBloc Lost and Found section...

There's a new blog entry added:

We need to start a ComicBloc Lost and Found section...

A lot of people of late have been buried in over seriousness and over zealousness....what with all of the who can beat who, and Mac vs PC and other contentious threads.....some things are obviously missing.
ddf

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old February 3rd, 2010   Keith Dallas is offline   #2
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Do you have a license to prescribe Valium? I know you're Canadian, but Valium is a controlled substance in the U.S. I don't want you getting into trouble.

Old February 3rd, 2010   TJLamb0518 is offline   #3
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

valium? no uppers? but i'm so sedate....i need more energy.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old February 3rd, 2010   Matches is offline   #4
Matches
stepping aside

Pffft... you're just saying all that because you're one of those hipster *****ers who like Macs/ Kyle Rayner/ Marvel Comics/ Panera Bread/ Lady Gaga/ blue shirts/ the Chicago White Sox.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old February 3rd, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #5
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

I don't have a license for anything anymore....just more of my hyperbole.....thinking the something to calm people down might be helpful...

And while I do have a prescription for Valium...In reality,I more than intend to keep it for myself....

AND what makes you think I'm Canadian....haven't the poor Canadians enough to worry about without taking the blame for me....

I was born in Florida, lived in New Orleans for a number of years and have been in the Seattle/Tacoma area since about 1986

Old February 3rd, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #6
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Pffft... you're just saying all that because you're one of those hipster *****ers who like Macs/ Kyle Rayner/ Marvel Comics/ Panera Bread/ Lady Gaga/ blue shirts/ the Chicago White Sox.
ddf
Matches View Post

Hey, don't you go knocking Panera bread...some of the best bagels and pastries I've ever had.....that I didn't make myself that is...

Old February 3rd, 2010   TJLamb0518 is offline   #7
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Hey, don't you go knocking Panera bread...some of the best bagels and pastries I've ever had.....that I didn't make myself that is...
ddf
Mackaybear View Post
Showing you're not a New Yorker.....

Old February 3rd, 2010   Matches is offline   #8
Matches
stepping aside

Actually I haven't eaten at Panera in about three weeks and am having severe withdrawal. I can't go to the one near my office anymore though because I kind of made a scene one day when the service was really bad.

Old February 3rd, 2010   Keith Dallas is offline   #9
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

AND what makes you think I'm Canadian....haven't the poor Canadians enough to worry about without taking the blame for me....

I was born in Florida, lived in New Orleans for a number of years and have been in the Seattle/Tacoma area since about 1986
ddf
Mackaybear View Post

Seattle is far enough away from New York for it to be Canada on my map.

Apologies, for some reason I thought you lived in British Columbia.

Regardless, if you ask me, the fact that you won't share your Valium reveals your true intentions.

Old February 3rd, 2010   TJLamb0518 is offline   #10
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Apologies, for some reason I thought you lived in British Columbia.
ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
That's because he's often mistaken for a sasquatch.

Old February 3rd, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #11
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Yeah, I do tend to keep the good drugs to myself...at least the ones it'd be illegal to share...Besides you really wouldn't like me when I'm without my Valium (or Librium for that matter)

Though I do make a killer Kahlua Fudge Cake that has Kahlua in the icing which isn't cooked......made it for a staff party at a hospital I worked at....we had way too fun of a shift.....until I realized it wasn't a good cake to make and bring to work.....a unit full of chocolate stuffed, slightly snockered nurses....wasn't a completely good thing....

Old February 3rd, 2010   chrisbenes is offline   #12
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Actually I haven't eaten at Panera in about three weeks and am having severe withdrawal. I can't go to the one near my office anymore though because I kind of made a scene one day when the service was really bad.
ddf
Matches View Post
Well I think it's about time you dropped on by to see if they found their customer service....If not I think another scene is in order!!

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old February 3rd, 2010   Matches is offline   #13
Matches
stepping aside

Well I think it's about time you dropped on by to see if they found their customer service....If not I think another scene is in order!!
ddf
chrisbenes View Post
Nah; once I show off in a place I'm too embarrassed to go back, even if I was in the right. I always think they'll remember me and spit in my food.

Old February 3rd, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #14
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Nah; once I show off in a place I'm too embarrassed to go back, even if I was in the right. I always think they'll remember me and spit in my food.
ddf
Matches View Post
I'm the same way...once I've "showed my tail" in any sort of place I won't go back.....sn

Oh and btw...even though he lives about forty miles north of me, John (Jafabian) isn't Canadian either.....
Last edited by Mackaybear; February 3rd, 2010 at 08:31 AM.

Old February 3rd, 2010   chrisbenes is offline   #15
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

ddf
Matches View Post
Great...I guess there are a few places I should refrain from eating at!

Not too long ago I went to Chili's with the wife and kids. Well my wife had not changed her license over to Colorad from NY (were slow at those things).

So she ordered a beer. The waitress took her license to her manager. I was ok with this, she's just being sure. Well after 10 min of the manager staring at her license the waitress came back. She wouldn't serve my wife!

Now my wife is 38 and we were sitting down with our 2 children. At this point we only ordered drinks and chipsw/ salsa. I looked at the waitress and said"are you effing kidding me!!"

I think my problem was with the weasle of a manager who wouldn't come over to explain this but instead sent the waitress back.

So I did what anyone over the age of 21 would do...I got up grabbed the kids and walked out.

So we went back last month and had the same waitress. well this time my wife had her Colorado license. After she checked it I looked at her and said "are you sure you don't want to show it to your manager" my wife's jaw dropped....But they served her this time and my most likley flemmy salad was extra good!

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old February 3rd, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #16
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

I let my Drivers License expire because I can't drive anymore. But have neglected to go through all of the multiple steps to get a WA ID card...and my own bank (Bank of America) gave me trouble depositing a check since "I didn't have proper ID"...I only had my Visa Check Card and answered all of her Identifying question...like mother's maiden name...and all...

People are odd about those sort of things these days....yet a friend of mine got her ID stolen and fake credit cards in her name,used at a restaurant she eats in three or four times a week.....where they ought to have known her...