Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Green Lantern

Old December 23rd, 2008   General grievous is offline   #1
General grievous
Uber Geoffan

Default Some cool Info on the Blue Lanterns

More clues about the Blue Lanterns and their planet

From an interview made by the Wizard Magazine #207:

Quote:
-How about the Blue Lantern Saint Walker? He seems like a stark contrast to what we've seen of the Red Lanterns.
-Saint Walker is very unique in his position-in his role and what he does. The Blue Lanterns are extremely rare. They are extremely powerful and each one has an ultimate destiny. They're also each chosen in a very different manner from any other Corps. They're sought out and chosen by other Blue Lanterns and are brought to the world of the Blue Lanterns, and Ganthet and Sayd (the former Guardians and creators of the Blue Lantern Corps) talk to them. They spend time with Ganthet and Sayd in the thick jungles of the planet and get everything laid out. They learn every single thing about themselves and their role as a Blue Lantern. Then they decide if they want to become a Blue Lantern or not.
ddf

"There is a Grant, Morrison be thy name!"
Old December 23rd, 2008   Mark MacMillan is offline   #2
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

That does sound pretty cool in concept.

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old December 23rd, 2008   Bizarro #98 is offline   #3
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

They are extremely powerful and each one has an ultimate destiny.
ddf
Ultimate destiny? The word ultimate implies a final ending. Sounds like becoming a Blue Lantern is a very permanent decision.

"Hahahaha! Me am great hero for scaring Bizarros!" - Yellow Lantern, Sinestro of Space Sector 1482
Old December 23rd, 2008   PyroTwilight is offline   #4
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Sounds great. I also think they'll probably play a major part in Final Crisis since Hope is supposedly the trump card against Anti-Life. Or so an old Sandman story said.

Old December 23rd, 2008   Ryster is offline   #5
Ryster
Master Geoffan

Wow. A top interview and on the job training. Nice. The Blue Lanterns have a hell of a human resources department.

Ryster
Old December 23rd, 2008   achilles140 is offline   #6
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

Wow. A top interview and on the job training. Nice. The Blue Lanterns have a hell of a human resources department.
ddf
Ryster View Post
But do they have dental? And how's the pension fund?

Old December 24th, 2008   Wally West888 is offline   #7
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

That's really cool, I can't wait to see some more of the Blue Lanterns.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old December 24th, 2008   PyroTwilight is offline   #8
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

I'll be very surprised if Final Crisis ends and Barry Allen isn't at least offered a Blue Ring. Course it doesn't HAVE to be in Final Crisis I suppose.

Old December 24th, 2008   Bizarro #98 is offline   #9
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

I'll be very surprised if Final Crisis ends and Barry Allen isn't at least offered a Blue Ring. Course it doesn't HAVE to be in Final Crisis I suppose.
ddf
PyroTwilight View Post
Does Barry Allen chatting it up with two space hobbits on a jungle planet really sound like an interesting story?

"Hahahaha! Me am great hero for scaring Bizarros!" - Yellow Lantern, Sinestro of Space Sector 1482
Old December 24th, 2008   PyroTwilight is offline   #10
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Does Barry Allen chatting it up with two space hobbits on a jungle planet really sound like an interesting story?
ddf
Bizarro #98 View Post
Put anyone and "space hobbits" it'll sound silly.

Old December 24th, 2008   Thrillho is offline   #11
Thrillho
Master Geoffan

Ultimate destiny? The word ultimate implies a final ending. Sounds like becoming a Blue Lantern is a very permanent decision.
ddf
Bizarro #98 View Post
Maybe that's part of the deal: if you're truly driven by hope, you're not going to back down later and say "You know what, I think I'm going to give up the ring and finish my MBA".

Ever seen the series finale of "Quantum Leap"? Most viewers consider it a colossal bummer that Sam never returned home, but I don't see it that way: he found that helping others was the most rewarding, fulfilling thing he could do, and so he never stopped. Maybe that's how the Blue Lanterns are.

Old December 24th, 2008   Thrillho is offline   #12
Thrillho
Master Geoffan

ddf
PyroTwilight View Post
If any character is the resident icon of hope in the DC Universe, it's Superman. Though my money is still on Superboy Prime getting a blue ring -- and this selection process (sitting and grooving with a couple of space hippies) also gives SBP an opportunity to work through some of his issues as well as explain where he's been for months.

Old December 24th, 2008   KraziJoe is offline   #13
KraziJoe

More clues about the Blue Lanterns and their planet

From an interview made by the Wizard Magazine #207:
ddf
General grievous View Post
I wonder if Yoda...I mean Ganthet makes them face their fears in a cave?

Bring back the Ultraverse Prime!

Why are all the JLA Detroit men, dead?
Old December 24th, 2008   Bizarro #98 is offline   #14
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

I wonder if Yoda...I mean Ganthet makes them face their fears in a cave?
ddf
KraziJoe View Post
Nah, the Sinestro Corps already do that with their fear chambers.

Old December 24th, 2008   General grievous is offline   #15
General grievous
Uber Geoffan

more

-Let's shed some light on Green Lantern. The current "Red Lantern" storyline features two new Corps -red and blue- and wraps in January. Can you give any teases about what fans can expect in the finale?
-They can expect to see two new Green Lantern laws unveiled, and that leads directly into what happens in the following issues with the "Agent Orange" storyline starting on February

-What about the Red Lanterns appeals to you?
-They're a bit more primal than the other Lanterns. That heartbeat is like a war drum. So they're always on the warpath and are a little bit more out of their minds than the others.

-How about the Blue Lantern Saint Walker? He seems like a stark contrast to what we've seen of the Red Lanterns.
-Saint Walker is very unique in his position-in his role and what he does. The Blue Lanterns are extremely rare. They are extremely powerful and each one has an ultimate destiny. They're also each chosen in a very different manner from any other Corps. They're sought out and chosen by other Blue Lanterns and are brought to the world of the Blue Lanterns, and Ganthet and Sayd (the former Guardians and creators of the Blue Lantern Corps) talk to them. They spend time with Ganthet and Sayd in the thick jungles of the planet and get everything laid out. They learn every single thing about themselves and their role as a Blue Lantern. Then they decide if they want to become a Blue Lantern or not.

-What about the "Agent Orange" story? Can you say anything about that and the Controllers, who currently seek the Orange Light?
-All I can say (about the story) is that it goes into the pact of the Vega System and why it's offlimits to the Green Lantern Corps. The Controllers are a splinter pf the Guardians like the Zamorans. They've been very, very unsucceful in their attempts to create an army for control similar to the Green Lanterns. They've yet to find a power source that'll do exactly what they hope. And as they said in Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns: "oh, a light". "What light it is?" "it doesn't matter. Let's go get it." And that's a mistake.

-Let's talk a little about next year's big GL event: "Blackest Night in July". How's that coming along?
-It's exciting. "Blackest Night" is a story I've had for a long, long time so it's a big story for me. It's a challenge, but I've been working toward it for a long time.

-What's the most exciting thing about this story for you?
-How it affects the characters.
ddf

"There is a Grant, Morrison be thy name!"
Old December 24th, 2008   lucky_strike is offline   #16
lucky_strike

If any character is the resident icon of hope in the DC Universe, it's Superman. Though my money is still on Superboy Prime getting a blue ring -- and this selection process (sitting and grooving with a couple of space hippies) also gives SBP an opportunity to work through some of his issues as well as explain where he's been for months.
ddf
Thrillho View Post
I've always seen Captain Marvel as the central figure for Hope in the DCU.

L.S./M.F.T. SHAZAM!