The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Greg Rucka > Back Issues: Greg Rucka

Back Issues: Greg Rucka Talk about some of Greg's older work here

Old September 10th, 2008   Zal-Ta is offline   #1
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

Default Mr. Rucka, what were your plans for Supergirl?

I seriously have to ask this, sir, it seemed you were trying to go somewhere really different during the whole "Candor" arc while you were still on it with having Power Girl being Nightwing, and Kara having had been Flamebird all the while both having had to pretended to be non Kryptonians while trying to liberate the (as of now revealed) false incarnation of Kandor's non Kryptonian residents from 'Kal-El''s tyrannical reign, only to instead rather then finding out exactly where you had intended to go with this suddenly have Mr. Kelly's own unique wrap up in the way that he had chose come him having taken over shortly after.

So my question to you is, what did you have in mind at the time for not only "Candor" but if possible a further on intended run on Supergirl at the time too? Sincere thanks in advance.

Lover of all things Supergirl!
Old September 26th, 2008   Rucka is offline   #2
Rucka
Premier

Honestly, going into what I had planned at the time seems like an exercise in masochism (for me, not for you). At the time I was to take on the book, Kandor was Kandor, not a fake. A lot of what I was going to do - it turns out - was very close to what Geoff had in mind for his grand plan.

There was an intention to write more about Kara trying to adapt to life on Earth, and less of the going-out-with-supervillains-thing. And I had a story planned for the Good Kara/Bad Kara thing.

But as none of it was ever written, it's kinda...I dunno...that boat has sailed, I suppose is the best way to put it.

Hope that (kinda) answers your question.

Old October 1st, 2008   Zal-Ta is offline   #3
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

Honestly, going into what I had planned at the time seems like an exercise in masochism (for me, not for you). At the time I was to take on the book, Kandor was Kandor, not a fake.
ddf
Rucka View Post
"Not a fake"? But, and with all due respect, what about all of those NON Kryptonians featured in it though? So are you saying that the Kandor we apparently first see with in Mr. Kelly's own "God Fall" arc and again in "Candor" supposedly did have both real and non Kryptonian residents having had been the main intended plot at the time?
A lot of what I was going to do - it turns out - was very close to what Geoff had in mind for his grand plan.
ddf
Oh I see! Well, in having said that that explains a sure lot there then.
There was an intention to write more about Kara trying to adapt to life on Earth, and less of the going-out-with-supervillains-thing.
ddf
Yeah? Drats! Er, as to that last part, are you referring to Boomer specifically?
And I had a story planned for the Good Kara/Bad Kara thing.
ddf
Yeah? OH MAN! Double drats! lol For I'm sure I really would've enjoyed having read what you would've done with that too. Ah well.
But as none of it was ever written, it's kinda...I dunno...that boat has sailed, I suppose is the best way to put it.

Hope that (kinda) answers your question.
ddf
Oh most definitely, sir! And a sincere thank you for not only taking time out of your hectic schedule in order to answer this but even wanting to acknowledge it with in the first place at that!

Lover of all things Supergirl!