The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old June 18th, 2013   Scott Mateo is offline   #1
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Default Age of Ultron #10 SPOILERS

It's been leaked online...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/206-c...ovels/66493837

Lots of possibilities can come out of this. Other than the fact that this should have only been 5 issues, it's pretty much another example of how to re-energize a franchise done right without throwing out everything that came before. Take notes DC!

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 18th, 2013   mmk123 is offline   #2
mmk123
Geoffan

I did not think that this was a bad mini series. It was entertaining and time travel stories are always fun. I do not think that it was necessary for it to be 10 issues though. I think that at least 2 to 3 issues could have been cut out. I do not know if I will get Avengers AI (or whatever it is called) even though I do like Hank Pym and The Vision, the other cast members mean nothing to me (where is Jocasta and Machine Man).

I would like to see a mini series done by Marvel that does not feature WOlverine in it at all. I actually think this should have been called "Wolverine and the Age of Ultron".

Old June 18th, 2013   Peter Bardyn is offline   #3
Peter Bardyn
7 Star General

If the Hunger speculation is true, it might be the first thing to get me interested in those comic titles since 2008.

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
By which I mean Ultimatum, the thing that turned me off the whole Ultimates line entirely.

Old June 18th, 2013   Scott Mateo is offline   #4
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

The spoilers actually made me look forward to this even more! SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
I was expecting the worse for Hank, I'm glad he's not beoming an AI, but hope he's still Giant Man to some effect.

Old June 18th, 2013   Sentinel119 is offline   #5
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

I think they are getting ready to shut down the Ultimate Universe. Reality hopping has always been a working part of Marvel and hopefully it will continue to be. At least this is better than SBP punching reality.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old June 18th, 2013   Scott Mateo is offline   #6
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

I think they are getting ready to shut down the Ultimate Universe. Reality hopping has always been a working part of Marvel and hopefully it will continue to be. At least this is better than SBP punching reality.
ddf
Sentinel119 View Post
I think it's Wolverine slashing through the time stream...need to come up with a better name, like SBP...

Old June 18th, 2013   darthlucifuge is offline   #7
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

So this is the catalyst to that big 2014 event that's been hinted at. All the time travel happening across titles, Hickmans world breaking...it all makes sense.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 19th, 2013   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #8
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

If this is a prelude to some greater event in 2014...then yea, it looks like Marvel's about to have a Crisis on it's hands. and i'm looking forward to it.

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old June 19th, 2013   Alan is offline   #9
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

It's been leaked online...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/206-c...ovels/66493837

Lots of possibilities can come out of this. Other than the fact that this should have only been 5 issues, it's pretty much another example of how to re-energize a franchise done right without throwing out everything that came before. Take notes DC!
ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
Hmm, just read #10, and like 1-9 it left me severely underwhelmed. I like Bendis a lot and have enjoyed most of his events before this, but it seemed very much like an event that was too late for its own good. I don't think the various time travelling bits make any sense at all (Wolverine having to kill himself? Wolverine and Sue remembering everything that happened, even though it now didn't?).

And I don't get what implications this has, does Angela mean anything to anyone? Other than because of the lawsuit would anyone remember a minor character from a 90's book at a different publisher to that extent?

So Galactus is loose on the Ultimate universe....well I don't read any of them (yet...I will do) so that means nothing to me. And while it was nice to see Kilraven again (I wrote an article on him for a UK fanzine back in 1977 or so) what does it actually mean? That he can suddenly fall through a hole and turn up in the Avengers with everyone else?

Yes, lots of possibilities can come out of this, but really none that couldn't have come about anyway by decent plotting and 10 less issues of Age Of Ultron.

Shame, as his X-Men is probably my second favourite book at the moment (behind Batman), even though it is driving a horse and cart through time travel mechanics (the whole 'what happens when they go back' stuff). It's so much fun that you can totally forgive the absurdities of the premise and just revel in it.

Old June 19th, 2013   TJLamb0518 is offline   #10
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

So.....are we to believe Marvel effectively wrote Ultron off? He'll NEVER come back?

Sure....uh-huh.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 19th, 2013   Alan is offline   #11
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

That is why Hank Pym at the end of the issue gets a lightbulb moment working out how to create Ultron without it going wrong.

As you said, sure, uh huh.

They might leave it a year or two though.

Old June 19th, 2013   John Casey is offline   #12
John Casey
Geoffan

Well, we now know how Spiderman 2099 appears in Superior Spiderman.

Old June 19th, 2013   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #13
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

Well, we now know how Spiderman 2099 appears in Superior Spiderman.
ddf
John Casey View Post
And very possibly

Ben Reilly in Scarlet Spider

if covers are to be believed

Old June 19th, 2013   darthlucifuge is offline   #14
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

This was friggin awesome as far as I'm concerned.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 19th, 2013   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #15
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

That is why Hank Pym at the end of the issue gets a lightbulb moment working out how to create Ultron without it going wrong.

As you said, sure, uh huh.

They might leave it a year or two though.
ddf
Alan View Post
Ultron will be back and responsible for the Crisis.

Old June 20th, 2013   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #16
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

I really liked the issue and what it set up for the future. Overall though the series was kinda meh. Good but not great. Could have been about 3 issues shorter. The weakest Marvel event yet. That being said it is still light years better than the events DC has done recently.

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.