The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old June 23rd, 2011   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Question Avengers: The Children's Crusade issue #6 Preview & Discussion

NEWSARAMA PREVIEW

AVENGERS: THE CHILDREN'S CRUSADE #6 (of 9)
Written by ALLAN HEINBERG
Pencils & Cover by JIM CHEUNG

THE SCARLET WITCH RETURNS WITH A VENGEANCE! With her memory and her powers finally restored, The Scarlet Witch returns to Avengers Mansion for a revealing reunion with Clint Barton and a fiery reckoning with the Avengers that provokes the Beast, Jessica Jones, and the mutant detectives of X-Factor to join the crusade. But will the Scarlet Witch continue the decimation she began in “House of M”? Or will she become the new mutant messiah?

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
ddf

Old June 29th, 2011   chasm is offline   #2
chasm
Master Geoffan

Man, did I love this issue! So many huge items were addressed and in some cases resolved. Each issue leaves you hanging for more. If only it weren't bi-monthly.

Old June 30th, 2011   Werehunter is offline   #3
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

Once again loved it. So many things happening in each issue that I don't actually mind there's so much time between issues, though I still wish it came out more often.

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Does this mean Hope isn't all that in the X books anymore? Please say it means that.

Old June 30th, 2011   ajohns2012 is offline   #4
ajohns2012

Once again loved it. So many things happening in each issue that I don't actually mind there's so much time between issues, though I still wish it came out more often.

Does this mean Hope isn't all that in the X books anymore? Please say it means that.

ddf
Werehunter View Post
You would think so, but I'm still afraid

This isn't Wanda or Wanda isn't doing all the magic, but it's actually Wiccan making everything happen. And of course he'll have to get de-powered...

A Johns

No relation
Old June 30th, 2011   superfriend is offline   #5
superfriend
laughs at comics

had a "let's undo House of M" thing going for sure. oh, and Hawkeye had sex with a robot.

retconny but beautifully illustrated by Jim Cheung.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old June 30th, 2011   Scott Mateo is offline   #6
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Nice to see Scott Lang back and Richtor once again a mutant! I hope these changes stick, but something tells me they won't.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 30th, 2011   Werehunter is offline   #7
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

had a "let's undo House of M" thing going for sure. oh, and Hawkeye had sex with a robot.

retconny but beautifully illustrated by Jim Cheung.
ddf
superfriend View Post
To be fair the sex with a robot thing was the only actual retcon in the issue. Everything else was simply changing things back but doing so in the present rather then changing the past.

Ok, in a way Scott Lang is a retcon, but I'm not entirely sure since he still would have been considered dead since Disassembled till now regardless of the fact he's alive now.

Old June 30th, 2011   superfriend is offline   #8
superfriend
laughs at comics

To be fair the sex with a robot thing was the only actual retcon in the issue. Everything else was simply changing things back but doing so in the present rather then changing the past.

Ok, in a way Scott Lang is a retcon, but I'm not entirely sure since he still would have been considered dead since Disassembled till now regardless of the fact he's alive now.
ddf
Werehunter View Post
what you say is technically correct.

but with the issue actually making a joke at all of the reversals (expecting Jack of Hearts next) you kind of get the point that a lot of this is undoing House of M and a good deal of the brief appearances of the Witch in the years following so that Wanda can be restored.

i don't mind, i'm not averse to retcons. especially if they're retcons i like. most of the time people who purport to loath retcons find themselves turning a blind eye to one or two they like, rendering them fairly hypocritical anyway. a lot of what's happened with Scarlet Witch has been atrocious IMO--starting with Disassembled and House of M.

Old June 30th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #9
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I hate retcons.

I love Scott Lang as Ant-Man.

I hate "it was a robot"

I love seeing the Young Avengers being used.

Oh, golly gosh, what a Conrad Confused this all makes me!

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 30th, 2011   Werehunter is offline   #10
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

I dislike retcons only when they change major things. If you are going to change something major, do so in the present. Just don't wave a magic wand and say it didn't happen that way. Minor things, like the Hawkeye thing, doesn't bother me.

That's why I like the direction things seem to be taking in this series. They are trying to fix Wanda in the here and now instead of pulling a it really wasn't her thing.

Old June 30th, 2011   superfriend is offline   #11
superfriend
laughs at comics

i only don't like retcons i don't like.

those are my rules for retcons.

Old June 30th, 2011   chasm is offline   #12
chasm
Master Geoffan

You would think so, but I'm still afraid

This isn't Wanda or Wanda isn't doing all the magic, but it's actually Wiccan making everything happen. And of course he'll have to get de-powered...

A Johns
ddf
ajohns2012 View Post
Yikes! I hadn't considered that. I hope this is not the case.

Old July 6th, 2011   mmk123 is offline   #13
mmk123
Geoffan

I am loving this mini series and I also wish that it was not bi monthly. I do not think that anything is being retconned but rather progressing a story further. For instance

1) Even though the Young Avengers found a robot Scarlet WItch, that does not mean that when Hawkeye found Wanda that she was a robot at that time. This could have happened before Dr Doom replaced her with a robot double.

2) I look at Scott Lang being "returned to life" the same way that it was described that Booster Gold's sister was brought back to life. If I remember correctly, Michelle (Booster's sister) was pulled to the present just moments before her apparent death and deposited into the future. The same could be said for Scott is that he is pulled moments before his death, put into the present (which would be his future) but at some point in time will have to go back to his death. If this is the case he could be around for years to come.

Old July 6th, 2011   Scott Mateo is offline   #14
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

I look at Scott Lang being "returned to life" the same way that it was described that Booster Gold's sister was brought back to life. If I remember correctly, Michelle (Booster's sister) was pulled to the present just moments before her apparent death and deposited into the future. The same could be said for Scott is that he is pulled moments before his death, put into the present (which would be his future) but at some point in time will have to go back to his death. If this is the case he could be around for years to come.
ddf
mmk123 View Post
But Scott Left his "remains" behind and Michelle didn't.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old July 6th, 2011   Sentinel119 is offline   #15
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

I just wish this series would just be monthly so that we know where it actually fits in the MU.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old July 7th, 2011   vh4ever is offline   #16
vh4ever*
DOOM!

I just wish this series would just be monthly so that we know where it actually fits in the MU.
ddf
Sentinel119 View Post
doesn't it's completion wrap up around the time 'Schism' and 'Fear' do?? I'm almost certain it coincides....so by January 2012, the status quo, whatever that means anymore, is established.

I think.

trying to decide which hand to chop off come this fall when Diamond Dave returns....