The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old June 21st, 2011   Jake1823 is offline   #145
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

True. But, we're not privy to their strategy plans, WB's expectations, and, I'm sure they have some manoeuvring room because any new position has a grace period (new strategy plans, position hire(s), analysis', positioning, alignments, etc.)
ddf
5andman View Post
Yeah, I don't think Nelson and Johns will get much blame, mainly because people who are "in the know" have said they won't. That article above linked to some people saying Campbell will be the scapegoat, most likely.

Where is everybody?
Old June 21st, 2011   Craig M.D. is offline   #146
Craig M.D.
Geoffan

I liked the film. It did have flaws though. Hal was out of character. Parallax was fairly lame. Blake Lively, while not offensive, was boring as Carol. But the actual GL parts were fun. It wasn't a great film by any means, and Ryan Reynolds makes a better Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan, but I enjoyed it overall.

One thing that did concern me : I brought my six year old godson to see the movie with me. He was a big fan of Green Lantern (John Stewart) in the JLU cartoons and he knew a bit about the different color Corps from me (I would bring him home the rings that were given away as promotions for Blackest Night and such). The movie has been marketed towards kids, with toys and video games being used to help promote it. So I was pretty surprised when there was a preview for a horror movie (Shark Night) in front of the film, which he found scary, but then towards the end when Hammond and Parallax started killing folks he got really frightened and had to cover his eyes.

I found this to be pretty interesting, as he's watched The Dark Knight numerous times and wasn't scared at all, but that movie didn't have people getting SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
their souls or whatever sucked out.

Old June 21st, 2011   chrisbenes is offline   #147
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

I liked the film. It did have flaws though. Hal was out of character. Parallax was fairly lame. Blake Lively, while not offensive, was boring as Carol. But the actual GL parts were fun. It wasn't a great film by any means, and Ryan Reynolds makes a better Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan, but I enjoyed it overall.

One thing that did concern me : I brought my six year old godson to see the movie with me. He was a big fan of Green Lantern (John Stewart) in the JLU cartoons and he knew a bit about the different color Corps from me (I would bring him home the rings that were given away as promotions for Blackest Night and such). The movie has been marketed towards kids, with toys and video games being used to help promote it. So I was pretty surprised when there was a preview for a horror movie (Shark Night) in front of the film, which he found scary, but then towards the end when Hammond and Parallax started killing folks he got really frightened and had to cover his eyes.

I found this to be pretty interesting, as he's watched The Dark Knight numerous times and wasn't scared at all, but that movie didn't have people getting SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
their souls or whatever sucked out.

ddf
Craig M.D. View Post
my son who will be 8 soon was a bit scared at 1st of the souls. It was IMO not really for young kids but was marketed towards them very aggressively.

I find a lot of super hero movies want to market towards the kids but make the movies more adult to try to bring in both audiences.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old June 21st, 2011   virtuadept is offline   #148
virtuadept
bye.

was it really ripping out their soulds? i thot it was ripping the fear out of em

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old June 21st, 2011   darthlucifuge is offline   #149
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

My Green Lantern review

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 21st, 2011   chrisbenes is offline   #150
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

was it really ripping out their soulds? i thot it was ripping the fear out of em
ddf
virtuadept View Post
if it was just ripping out the fear then would they be dead? I saw it as their soles were being ripped out.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old June 21st, 2011   darthlucifuge is offline   #151
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

if it was just ripping out the fear then would they be dead? I saw it as their soles were being ripped out.
ddf
chrisbenes View Post
It left them as a dry husk, so what ever it ripped out I'm guessing it killed them. Heh.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 21st, 2011   virtuadept is offline   #152
virtuadept
bye.

but it was feeding on fear. hm. maybe your fears are your very life force and without that, you are just a husk.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old June 21st, 2011   chrisbenes is offline   #153
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

but it was feeding on fear. hm. maybe your fears are your very life force and without that, you are just a husk.
ddf
virtuadept View Post
may have been feeding on fears but the bones and soul must have been a decent dessert

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old June 21st, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #154
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

may have been feeding on fears but the bones and soul must have been a decent dessert
ddf
chrisbenes View Post
Golly, maybe it was feeding on the creamy nougat center that makes us all so sweet.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 21st, 2011   chrisbenes is offline   #155
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Golly, maybe it was feeding on the creamy nougat center that makes us all so sweet.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
so to parallax do you think we are more like a snickers or a milky way

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old June 21st, 2011   Amentep is offline   #156
Amentep

Mounds and Almond Joy, I'd think.

Since sometimes Parallax feels like a nut...