The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old May 24th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #17
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

Then, how about the temporal anomaly, creating temporal duplicates of certin deceased characters (Lex Luthor, Neutron, Livewire, Kara (they had her fly, into deep space, without a spaceship), Brainiac and Morgan Edge), that's sent to the present?

That way, they could bring the characters back to life, without their deaths being retconned (either into "it never happened" or "it was a clone, who died..." Or have the one, that shows up, being a clone) or any need of a mind wipe (as both Lex and Morgan, knows Clark's secret. And the "duplicates", would be from points in time, prior to them learning Clark's secret).

Old May 24th, 2010   handler313 is offline   #18
handler313
Geoffan

Why? There is no future after the show so why try and shoehorn a bunch of stuff that isn't needed? Let the show hits its natural end.

Beyond Lex Luthor there is no need to bring back any of the characters because there will be no "Further Adventures of Clark Kent" in the Smallville Universe at this point. They can find a way to figure out how to give Lex memory loss on Clark and that is the only fix they need.

I don't think the show is going to use some Deus Ex Machina to try and align itself with comics continuity, it will go where it goes.

Old May 24th, 2010   Steve Chung is offline   #19
Steve Chung
Advanced Geoffan

Looks like there´s a Help Noel Neill Get On The Final Season of Smallville Facebook group.

"Free Steve Chung!"
Old May 24th, 2010   Steve Chung is offline   #20
Steve Chung
Advanced Geoffan

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112681985441430

"Free Steve Chung!"
Old May 24th, 2010   IamLegion is offline   #21
IamLegion
persona non grata

Can't go back and retcon the series like that.
ddf
Arcademan/PixieP View Post
Why not? Legend of the Seeker just retconned it's history twice in the last 2 episodes. I laughed my butt off over that too.

Old May 25th, 2010   Neo God is offline   #22
Neo God
Geoffan

Bring on Darkseid!!

Pull List: Action Comics, The Flash, Green Arrow, Superboy, Superman/Batman
Old May 25th, 2010   Marvelman ver.02 is offline   #23
Marvelman ver.02
Neo Geoffan

Cool. Very, very cool. It's too bad it's not the real thing.

Old July 13th, 2010   Werehunter is offline   #24
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

Looks like they are getting a number of past actors to return this season.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1105859p1.html

With Smallville coming to an end, it looks like plenty of faces from the past will be showing up in Season 10 to help Clark Kent reach the end of his decade-long journey towards his destiny as Superman. IGN recently revealed that John Schneider will be back in Season 10 as Jonathan Kent, and now EW.com's Michael Ausiello has broken the news that none other than Supergirl herself is coming back to the series.

Yes, Laura Vandervoort will be guest starring in Season 10, appearing in an episode airing in October. Vandervoort, a regular during Season 7 of the show, returned for one guest appearance in Season 8, but Kara/Supergirl hasn't been seen since.

Vandervoort of course is now a regular on V, but as Ausiello notes, both Smallville and V are produced by Warner Bros., making it easier to work out the logistics for her to take time to guest star on Smallville - not to mention the fact that both series shoot in Vancouver.

Meanwhile, every Smallville fan is still crossing their fingers over Michael Rosenbaum, hoping he will be back as Lex Luthor before the show ends. In May, Tom Welling himself told us he felt it "doesn't make sense" to not have Lex Luthor present, as Clark makes the transition into Superman. But will Rosenbaum return? Time will tell.

No doubt there will be questions asked of the cast and crew of Smallville about Kara and Jonathan's return, the potential for Lex and more at the Comic-Con panel for the show, a week from Sunday. Check back at IGN for our coverage from that event!
ddf

Old July 14th, 2010   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #25
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Looks like they are getting a number of past actors to return this season.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1105859p1.html
ddf
Werehunter View Post
Thanks for posting this! I'm really glad to see John Schneider returning! Smallville, for me anyway, wasn't the same after John and Annette left. It was still good, but they left an absense that couldn't be filled.

I wonder how he will return? As a ghost? Time travel? Flashbacks? I just hope it's really him and not some shape-changing villain pretending to be Jonathan.

Old July 18th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #26
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

The JSA will be, in the season Premiere (hopefully, we'll see some other members, then just Hawkman and Stargirl, this time).

Old July 18th, 2010   protege is offline   #27
protege
Neo Geoffan

bring on flash and Wildcat.

Old July 19th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #28
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

Clark'll need a doctor, so Dr. Mid-Nite and someone who cancels out, his powers (so, he's not suddenly teleported off the planet, when they remove the dagger), so Obsidian.
With some luck, they might be able to get another one in there.

Would like to see Power Girl, Green Lantern, Flash, the Atom and Wildcat, before the show's over.

Old July 19th, 2010   Steve Chung is offline   #29
Steve Chung
Advanced Geoffan

bring on flash and Wildcat.
ddf
protege View Post
I hope they cast John Wesley Shipp as Flash and Jack O'Halloran as Wildcat.

"Free Steve Chung!"
Old July 19th, 2010   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #30
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

I hope they cast John Wesley Shipp as Flash and Jack O'Halloran as Wildcat.
ddf
Steve Chung View Post
that would be hilarious and awesome.

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old July 19th, 2010   smallville is offline   #31
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

I was under the impression that only the JSA's building would be in the season premiere not the team itself.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old July 20th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #32
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

I was under the impression that only the JSA's building would be in the season premiere not the team itself.
ddf
smallville View Post
From Kryptonsite;

- There is a visit to the JSA brownstone in the season premiere.

Why would they go, to the Brownstone, without interacting with the JSA (they do have their own HQ, or two, if they still have the Isis Foundation building)?