The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old March 12th, 2010   Terry Sloane is offline   #17
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

I want Catwoman in it, and yes Penguin, if done right in that "struggle to run the crime world in Gotham" thing. Jim Carrey toxified the Riddler for me, so no thanks. And anyway we say the whole "guy one step ahead of Batman" thing done to death last film.

As for the big heavy - no idea. Some statist phony politician who wants to make Gotham "clean and shiny" by outlawing everything and employing a police force of jackboots? I don't know.

Old March 13th, 2010   Peter Bardyn is offline   #18
Peter Bardyn
7 Star General

I want to see Maxie Zeus as the mastermind. He can send his "pantheon" of thugs after Batman, which would include Poison Ivy (as Demeter) and more.

Old March 13th, 2010   SmilingKnight is offline   #19
SmilingKnight
Advanced Geoffan

How about original make-up artist Clayface? Identity theft is even crazier when you can look just like the person too

"Things won by force must always be maintained and defended by force" Commander Hawkins, Voltron
Old March 24th, 2010   smallville is offline   #20
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

Catwoman
Talia
BlackMask
Thomas Elliot

Those are 4 semi-realistic villians who could be interesting.

Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, are all probaby too over the top (and two helped kill the last franchise)

Riddler and Penguin...Penguin I don't want to see probably for personal reasons. Riddler, was so campy in the last movie it would be hard to reconcile and also might be the wrong choice to follow a Joker movie imo.

I do think Hush could be a fun mastermind though.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old March 24th, 2010   Jeff Shabazz is offline   #21
Jeff Shabazz
persona non grata

Man how can they top Dark Knight? I am eagerly awaiting the answer

Old March 24th, 2010   fallentaco is offline   #22
fallentaco
The Lone Gunman

I really think and Adrien Brody Riddler could be what the movie needs, play up the mental angle and the riddles, set it up like a real detective mystery with superhero noir themes and I would love the movie,

It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Capís shield.-Joe Q
Old April 20th, 2010   Elias is offline   #23
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From IESB:
Batman 3 Announcement Coming This July?

From AICN:
Updated! Cinematographer Wally Pfister Talks 3D And IMAX Possibilities For BATMAN 3!

Old April 21st, 2010   Terry Sloane is offline   #24
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

I want Penguin, Calculator, Bane, and Catwoman. One organizer, his accountant, their "collection agent," and a freelancer.

Old April 21st, 2010   TJLamb0518 is offline   #25
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

How about original make-up artist Clayface? Identity theft is even crazier when you can look just like the person too
ddf
SmilingKnight View Post
That's.....really not a bad idea. I can't see building a whole film about it, but as a sub-plot.....

I think it would be cool to see psychiatrist Hugo Strage, who has been working with the Bat-wannabes we saw in The Dark Knight (who are torn and confused because their inspiration is a wanted murderer) getting into their heads and trying to figure out what makes Batman tick, becoming more and more obsessed. Ultimately, he tries to become Batman so as to clear his name (Strange having figured out Batman did not kill anyone). Batman fights him and defeats him (although Strange escapes) and Strange, beaten and bitter that the man he tried to save spurned his help, releases some of the nutjobs he himself put into Arkham while acting as Batman (say, Firefly, Killer Moth, a few other low-level grade C villians) and builds an army to hunt the Bat (with Strange thinking that once the real Bat is out of the way, he can replace him and re-capture the bad guys). This ends up with Batman fighting a virtual gauntlet of bad guys ending up in a highly televized battle with Hugo Strange where Batman wins, Strange is apprehended and, in a twist, either Gordon blames or the public asumes that it was Strange who killed all those people while posing as Batman (Batman of course tries to tell everyone the truth, but since no one on Earth can understand Christain Bales' Batman voice, it goes unheeded). Batman is then ....not deputized, but accepted as the hero Gotham needs.

end with a shot of a young boy watching the news of the battle of TV, cheering Batman on and his parents tell him to hurry or they'll be late. The child is seen to then exit a circus wagon/trailer (I doubt they use wagons anymore) in a red and green unitard while air-fighting like Batman did.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old April 21st, 2010   scion969 is offline   #26
scion969
Advanced Geoffan

Anthony Michael Hall = Mike Engel = Michael Engel = MIchAel ENGel = E NIGMA

Or at least that's what I'd like to see.

Of course, he looked more like the phenotype for the Riddler when he was in Weird Science...

Old April 21st, 2010   TJLamb0518 is offline   #27
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Anthony Michael Hall = Mike Engel = Michael Engel = MIchAel ENGel = E NIGMA

Or at least that's what I'd like to see.

Of course, he looked more like the phenotype for the Riddler when he was in Weird Science...
ddf
scion969 View Post
Farmer Ted vs. the Dark Knight?

ewwwww........

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old April 21st, 2010   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #28
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

They could focus more on Selina Kyle as presented in Batman: Year One where she is concerned with keeping Holly and the underbelly of Gotham's citizens safe...the ones the police ignore. She could only be dubbed the Cat or Catwoman by the press or online. Selina mirrors Bruce's desires for justice, she just goes about it in a different way.

Using Selina and Black Mask (who she hates) would make for a compelling film. But bringing Talia back would also make sense because it would reconnect with the first film.

I'd also like to see the actor from The Dark Knight who tried to blackmail Bruce Wayne become the Riddler. Joshua Harto played Coleman Reese in the film and I think it would be ironic if his quest to reveal Batman drove him over the edge. Lucius Fox mocked him and, by the end of TDK, the villain wanted him dead and the man he wanted to expose saved him. It felt like the world made no sense by the time he ran off. It might be cool to see this natural progression with an actor already introduced into the film series.

I just did a quick search and others suspect this to:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Coleman_Reese

One clever website identifies his on-screen name is Mister Reese- Mysteries.

Old April 21st, 2010   Jake1823 is offline   #29
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Big ol' gang war erupts and Batman has to save the day. Meanwhile, the police are after Batman, too. It's genius!

Where is everybody?
Old April 21st, 2010   scion969 is offline   #30
scion969
Advanced Geoffan

Farmer Ted vs. the Dark Knight?

ewwwww........
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
You know it had to be a bittersweet time for Hall when he finally filled out and discovered people wouldn't come see movies where he wasn't The Geek.

Old April 21st, 2010   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #31
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

A mob war for control of Gotham between Penguin and Black Mask could work. Batman and the police could be caught in the middle. Selina could be caught up in the middle as a pawn or Talia could be the person pulling the strings as revenge for her father's death?

Philip Seymour Hoffman would make a great Penguin.

Old April 30th, 2010   fallentaco is offline   #32
fallentaco
The Lone Gunman

Batman 3 to open on July 20th, 2012!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=26036

All I can say is thank you DC. That is my birthday and you just made it 2 years in advance!

It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Capís shield.-Joe Q