The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 15th, 2009   TJLamb0518 is offline   #17
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Yeah, but that would be awkward when Superman slaps Wally in the back of the head for a smart-alec remark.
ddf
KevinTBrown View Post
I wonder if he'll dare call Batman "Probie".....

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old September 15th, 2009   Green Guardsman is offline   #18
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

I'm sure that this will be a good movie, but I have to say that I'm quite disappointed that it won't involve the JSA like I thought it would. I thought for sure that is what the DVD's title alluded to. That being said, I do like the art style for this story.

Old September 15th, 2009   Keith Dallas is offline   #19
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

[Posts deleted.]

Let's please not get on each other's cases.

As always, if you don't like reading someone's opinion, please add him to your Ignore List.

Thanks.

Old September 15th, 2009   Matt Petersen is offline   #20
Matt Petersen
Neo Geoffan

Are you talking about reporting my post? There is nothing "reportable" about it---I just have a differing opinion. Last I checked, that's not a reportable offense.
ddf
CatsMeow View Post
See I always like to hear what that differing opinion is (you left that part blank).
Just saying "Laaaaaaaaaame," to me, has an underlying agenda in starting something with others who are pleased by the news. If you think its lame, why even respond? Why rain on other people's parades?
If you wanted to chime in and say "I'm happy for you guys who wanted it, BUT I was looking forward to _________" that would have been cool and would/could/may have prompted further debate/discussion instead of getting someone's underwear in a bind over it.

I am THRILLED to death over the news because DC has been hitting them out of the park as far as I am concerned.
Do I want to see a JSA movie? Heck Yeah!!!!!
In fact, at first I THOUGHT it was the first meeting of Earth 1 and Earth 2 but the CSA is just as good (especially if they are using Hal Jordan).

"Zoology eh? That's a big word, isn't it." "No, actually it isn't," said Tiffany. "Patronizing is a big word. Zoology is really quite short."”
Old September 15th, 2009   Wilder Midnight2 is offline   #21
Wilder Midnight2
dandelion

they should add the "evil universe" episode of the Superfriends with pirate Aquaman as a special bonus feature.

this cannot come out soon enough.

Old September 15th, 2009   Human Bong is offline   #22
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

I didn't realize until later that it's Hal there, so I'd assume it's Barry in the Flash costume (even though he's in the streamlined Wally/JLU costume).

I wonder why they went with that costume for Martian Manhunter. I prefer the classic look too, but I must admit that I kind of like the full suit because it harkens back to J'onn's 'secret agent adventures' from years and years ago.

I'm hoping Aquaman is a part of it, and I'm down for hook hand or no hook hand, either or.
And I never heard about or seen the Super Friends episode with the evil twin Pirate Aquaman, that sounds awesome.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old September 15th, 2009   Tar-Ik is offline   #23
Tar-Ik
Advanced Geoffan

sweet! I'm looking forward to this

why so serious?

twitter: tarik78
psn: tar-ik78
Old September 15th, 2009   Harry is offline   #24
Harry
Undercover Other

Wicked cool. I love the CSA. Another version of this project had been rumored for years as a bridge between JL and JLU, but it didn't materialize that way. I'm very happy to see that they figured out a way to do it.

"I'll just listen to Harry a little longer. Harry's great." --Drunken Tony Stark, Invincible Iron Man #171 (1983)
Old September 15th, 2009   silverageflash is offline   #25
silverageflash
Geoffan

James Woods as Owl Man hahahhaha. I can't wait till he is taken down by a trail of candy that leads to a box.

Old September 15th, 2009   emeraldknight_89 is offline   #26
emeraldknight_89
Neo Geoffan

Awesome! James woods as Owlman! Funny thing is i just read Gran Morrison's Earth-2 story last night.

Old September 16th, 2009   SageShinigami is offline   #27
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed because I thought it was going to have the the JSA, oh well. Anyways, awesome voice cast, with Mark Harmon as Superman, I kinda of want to see Michael Weatherly as Wally West.
ddf
Eric Q View Post
Yeah evil Justice League has kinda been done animated already (twice!), but we've yet to see Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Carter and all the team fight alongside the Justice League. Oh well. Still cool.

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.
Old September 17th, 2009   Jay West is offline   #28
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

they should add the "evil universe" episode of the Superfriends with pirate Aquaman as a special bonus feature.

this cannot come out soon enough.
ddf
Wilder Midnight2 View Post

LOL! That would be so cool!

Old September 17th, 2009   Jay West is offline   #29
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

I wonder why they went with that costume for Martian Manhunter. I prefer the classic look too, but I must admit that I kind of like the full suit because it harkens back to J'onn's 'secret agent adventures' from years and years ago.
ddf
Human Bong View Post

You know I like the new suit better. I just could never get into the original. I know most costumes are really quite silly (why is Supes undies on the outside?), but I don't mind them. MM - just didn't dig it, but I respect the that some people would prefer it. I actually would rather have the new costume, with the classic head - Not the Roswell like head he has now (well I guess he technically has a Zombie like head, but hopefully he gets better!)

Old September 17th, 2009   Capt America1941 is offline   #30
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

Just for kicks, here's Superfriends Univers of Evil!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLnzWiLooM

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old September 18th, 2009   TTitanFan25 is offline   #31
TTitanFan25
Geoffan

Still waiting for the promised Judas Contract.

Old September 18th, 2009   Wally West888 is offline   #32
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Hal and the Crime Syndicate, and the voice cast, I am sold on this. Great Job DC, you have my money once again.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy