The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old April 17th, 2011   Outburstt is offline   #145
Outburstt
Geoffan

I understand that, and you put it very well. I know that it was a huge turning point for comics as a medium in general. DKR along with Watchman are basically the spearhead of that change. I completely respect that. I even like Watchman.

However, as a Batman story, I don't like it. Year One? That was good. Death in the Family/Lonely Place of Dying? Classic! The Long Halloween? IMHO is the best Batman story out there. DKR? No thanks.

Worry is a misuse of imagination.
Old April 17th, 2011   J-Liv is offline   #146
J-Liv
Frappuccino Jedi

I understand that, and you put it very well. I know that it was a huge turning point for comics as a medium in general. DKR along with Watchman are basically the spearhead of that change. I completely respect that. I even like Watchman.

However, as a Batman story, I don't like it. Year One? That was good. Death in the Family/Lonely Place of Dying? Classic! The Long Halloween? IMHO is the best Batman story out there. DKR? No thanks.
ddf
Outburstt View Post
Totally agree with you on all counts.

Old April 17th, 2011   therealssjlink is offline   #147
therealssjlink
Master Geoffan

I'm so sorry. I swear I'm not saying this just to start a fight. So I'll put this as politely as possible.
I don't really care for DKR. I think it's a poor story as a "bookend" to finish Batman's legacy. I understand that it's held as "one of the best Batman stories ever" but I just don't see why.
Rant over. That being said. I'm not even a little excited for a movie version of DKR.
ddf
Outburstt View Post
TBQH, I don't really care for ANY of Frank Miller's Batman work.

"I have no fear of failure."

May 2010
Old April 18th, 2011   virtuadept is offline   #148
virtuadept
bye.

I really like DKR. Can't wait for this animated version.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old November 15th, 2012   Elias is offline   #149
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Molly Quinn is Supergirl!
"I'm so excited to be a part of the DC family, not to mention helping Superman fight crime. Yes, I am a Supergirl!"
ddf

Old November 16th, 2012   ronaldj is offline   #150
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

that is one i would like to see...

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old February 27th, 2013   Elias is offline   #151
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From Bleeding Cool:
What’s DC Up To With The Infinite Crisis Trademark?

Newsarama:
DC Goes Back to the INFINITE Well?

Old February 27th, 2013   Dr_Decipher is offline   #152
Dr_Decipher

I give DC Comics no more than four years until it publicly files for bankruptcy -- the smell of desperation and death is clearly in the air. You heard it here first, folks.
Last edited by Dr_Decipher; February 27th, 2013 at 03:55 AM.

Old February 27th, 2013   Keith Dallas is offline   #153
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

I give DC Comics no more than four years until it publicly files for bankruptcy
ddf
Dr_Decipher View Post

It would be very surprising if DC files for bankruptcy since, you know, it's owned by another company.

Old February 27th, 2013   Dr_Decipher is offline   #154
Dr_Decipher

It would be very surprising if DC files for bankruptcy since, you know, it's owned by another company.
ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
Fair enough, but at the very least I foresee Warner shutting down the printed comics division altogether, because the characters and their underlying concepts are just so dated and implausible in the world today. DC is almost completely out of fresh ideas and they're clearly relying on nothing but ret-conning and gimmicks and tons and tons of hysterical hype and misdirection.

I think the main problem at DC is that they've been hiring fanboys to do their editing, stories and art, and fanboys just aren't nearly original or courageous enough. You need actual independent and independent-minded writers who have no real attachment to the genre and whose careers aren't built through insider likeability and proselytizing.

Old July 20th, 2013   Elias is offline   #155
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

DC to Debut Two New ‘Batman’ Animated Features in 2014
Last night, DC hosted a premiere showing of their newest animated feature, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, followed by a panel discussion with the audience. During this panel, it was revealed that Warner Bros. will release two new, full-length Batman animated films in 2014 – Batman: Assault on Arkham and Son of the Batman.

Batman on Film shares the news from the panel that Son of the Batman and Assault on Arkham will be the next DC animated features after next year’s Justice League: War. Given the current production timeline, the two movies will likely debut in the second half of 2014.

Son of the Batman will adapt the storyline “Batman and Son,” originally written by Grant Morrison (All-Star Superman) and illustrated by Andy Kubert in 2006. The story arc kicked off Morrison’s tenure as Batman’s primary writer – a tenure that will finally wrap up after seven years next month. In this premiere arc, a newly optimistic Bruce Wayne is confronted by Talia al Ghul, who reveals that the two actually conceived a son together over ten years ago – Damian Wayne.
ddf
Kyle Hembree

Old August 16th, 2013   Elias is offline   #156
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

No Aquaman In Justice League: War, But He Will Get His Own Animated Movie

Old October 25th, 2013   Elias is offline   #157
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

'Wonder Woman' Movie May Be On The Way, Won't Be Called 'Wonder Woman'
Supervising producer for DC animated movies says there'll "probably" be a Wonder Woman-centric project in the future, under the "Justice League" brand.

Old November 27th, 2013   Elias is offline   #158
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

DC Wants Aquaman To Make A Bigger Splash
Already, the company has announced plans for an animated Aquaman tale to be issued soon via DVD.
ddf
Brian Steinberg

Old January 18th, 2014   Elias is offline   #159
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Target-Exclusive “JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time” Movie

Old January 20th, 2014   Elias is offline   #160
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Son of Batman 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thJ8LYdEu0k