The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 26th, 2009   Arcademan/PixieP is offline   #33
Arcademan/PixieP
Zettai daijōbu da yo

I thought this was a really good episode. It's a shame the show has moved to Friday and the ratings were so low (2.5 million). I hope the DVR ratings improve the total substantially.
ddf
jensmith View Post
Friday is WWE Smackdown night for me. If it wasn't for my DVR remembering to record all new eps of Smallville, I would've missed it. As it was, I missed the final minute or two (overrun)

A few observations:

-- does it seem like the cast is dropping like flies? We're down to FIVE main cast members. yikes.
-- some HORRIBLE dialogue, per SMALLVILLE usual standards
-- what's with the lighting on this show? Every scene is dark and shadowed... from Chloe's loft to the hospital to the Kent barn. Someone buy some 100 watt bulbs, stat!
-- Not a fan of the costume; It's unecessary. And red-blue blur is now "black blur".. or just "blur", it seems?
-- did it strike anyone odd that the metro police thought a dude in his mid-30s would take a 20-something woman to a crime scene to make out?
ddf
Bill Walko View Post
* Yep
* agree with the dialogue
* using compact fluroescent bulbs to save the enviroment makes all them scenes dark and murky LOL
* Again, I agree. Too many 'heroes' do the dark and dangy trenchcoat effect these days.
* I know when I wanted to make out with a girlfriend, I took her out to a wrecked train site

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread- Results and news!
Old September 26th, 2009   smallville is offline   #34
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

I am hoping the reason the cast is smaller is to allow more room for the effects budget, with there being more Kryptonians, more shots of the Metropolis skylines, cool costumes like Metallo and the JSA's to make etc. And, perhaps I am wrong, but I'm guessing people like Welling and Allison Mack who have been around for a while are getting more expensive with each contract negotiation? maybe? I'm also hoping that with the smaller cast people will be in a lot of the episodes and that that will challenge the writers to be bringing in good guest stars, like some of the DC guests I know are appearing this year. (who sound very cool)

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old September 27th, 2009   Fightgar is offline   #35
Fightgar
Neo Geoffan

any chance you think we will see a Ruin story arc here....Hamilton is on the show now....that was an awesome story by Rucka

being unproductive since 1985
Old October 4th, 2009   kjo1188 is offline   #36
kjo1188
Geoffan

Lois is Clark's tie to humanity?
Since when?

Another year older...
Old October 4th, 2009   Billy Batson is offline   #37
Billy Batson
Neo Geoffan

This show is two episodes in and already I am bored by it.

When is Geoff Johns episode with the JSA?

Read my movie reviews at my site
Old October 5th, 2009   jon-el87 is offline   #38
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

When is Geoff Johns episode with the JSA?
ddf
Billy Batson View Post
According to Kryptonsite's spoiler page, "Society" will be episode 12, so it should air in january.

Old October 5th, 2009   kipster is offline   #39
kipster
Super Hero Support

I was reading some spoilers on Kryptonsite.com and it says during the 1st episode, during a conversation with Clark and Jor-el, we find out why Clark isn't flying. I missed the 1st episode-can anybody fill me in?

"We pursue that which retreats from us"
Old October 6th, 2009   jon-el87 is offline   #40
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

I was reading some spoilers on Kryptonsite.com and it says during the 1st episode, during a conversation with Clark and Jor-el, we find out why Clark isn't flying. I missed the 1st episode-can anybody fill me in?
ddf
kipster View Post
Jor-El stated that, Clark's unable to fly, because he still thinks of himself as human.

Old October 6th, 2009   kipster is offline   #41
kipster
Super Hero Support

Thanks!

"We pursue that which retreats from us"
Old October 7th, 2009   starks is offline   #42
starks
Geoffan

First episode was good, the second stunk. I'll keep watching though.

Old October 7th, 2009   super.flash is offline   #43
super.flash

Season 9 is off to a fantastic start. Can't wait for next week!

Old October 8th, 2009   Justin is offline   #44
Justin
Supreme Geoffan

I think it's delightfully ironic that Jor-El's telling Kal not to abandon his human life so fast. But in a way it makes sense.

"The truth, however shocking or uncomfortable, in the end leads to liberation and dignity." - Ricky Gervais
Old October 9th, 2009   jon-el87 is offline   #45
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

Some Smallville fans, are really bugging me!! As you may know, Allison Mack will leave the show after this season. Now, what pisses me off is that some fans has come with suggestions on the ending of her stay on Smallville, that really are bad. You see, they hope that Chloe's going to be included in the comics. Of course, that's been experimented before and failed, so these guys suggest that Chloe should be made into a pre-existing DC character (apparently, they suffer from the delusion, that just because Smallville's portrayed the characters in one way, the comic books will adapt and follow that).

The terrible suggestions, I've found (for all I know, there could be more) on Kryptonite's forum are;

- Chloe could become Dr. Fate.

- Chloe could become Power Girl (it's motivated only by the fact that Allison Mack voiced PG in Public Enemies).

- Chloe could become a Green Lantern.

- Chloe could become Jade (which seriously would require a major league retcon on the show. Not to mention, create plotholes large enough to drive trucks through; So, suddenly she's not the biological daugther of Gabe and Moira Sullivan. It also turns out that she's born with powers of her own, other then her powers from being meteor infected later in life. Powers, that surely, would have manifested themselves one of the thousands of times, she's found herself in danger. Not to mention the fact, that she surely would have said something if, she heard and felt the thoughts and emotions of another person (I'm talking about Jade's telepathic link to Todd), especially seeing how Chloe feared for years, that she might inherit Moira Sullivan's mental illness).

Old October 10th, 2009   c-man is offline   #46
c-man
Neo Geoffan

Wow. Have zombies ever been so NOT frightening? Was excited last week for a Metallo fight which never happened, was excited this week for some zombie action, and it stank, and I still can't figure out how the Zod of this season and the Zod of a couple seasons ago even relate as they are so obviously not the same character. I don't think even Geoff Johns can save this one.

Old October 10th, 2009   E-MAC is offline   #47
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

Some Smallville fans, are really bugging me!! As you may know, Allison Mack will leave the show after this season. Now, what pisses me off is that some fans has come with suggestions on the ending of her stay on Smallville, that really are bad. You see, they hope that Chloe's going to be included in the comics. Of course, that's been experimented before and failed, so these guys suggest that Chloe should be made into a pre-existing DC character (apparently, they suffer from the delusion, that just because Smallville's portrayed the characters in one way, the comic books will adapt and follow that).

The terrible suggestions, I've found (for all I know, there could be more) on Kryptonite's forum are;

- Chloe could become Dr. Fate.

- Chloe could become Power Girl (it's motivated only by the fact that Allison Mack voiced PG in Public Enemies).

- Chloe could become a Green Lantern.

- Chloe could become Jade (which seriously would require a major league retcon on the show. Not to mention, create plotholes large enough to drive trucks through; So, suddenly she's not the biological daugther of Gabe and Moira Sullivan. It also turns out that she's born with powers of her own, other then her powers from being meteor infected later in life. Powers, that surely, would have manifested themselves one of the thousands of times, she's found herself in danger. Not to mention the fact, that she surely would have said something if, she heard and felt the thoughts and emotions of another person (I'm talking about Jade's telepathic link to Todd), especially seeing how Chloe feared for years, that she might inherit Moira Sullivan's mental illness).
ddf
Regardless of how ridiculous most of these suggestions are, you have to look at thinks from their point of view.

Chloe for many people has been the best part of Smallville for years, many believe that she should already be a part of the current DCU. And considering how much the show has already ignored comic continuity, people just want her character and legacy to have some lasting impact once she leaves.

I gave up on Smallville after last year but I would hope that Smallville gives her a great exit because Allison and her fans deserve it for carrying the show the past couple of years.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Old October 11th, 2009   starks is offline   #48
starks
Geoffan

They should do an homage to the Superman movies where Clark has her fly with him.