The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old May 18th, 2010   Marvelman ver.02 is offline   #305
Marvelman ver.02
Neo Geoffan

It was a really dumb ending because we know Clark isn't going to die. He's going to be Superman. Come on, guys. Not every season ending has to be a cliffhanger.

I haven't watched this show in a long time, but I found most of the ideas in this episode to be recycled material from previous seasons. I hope we do get to see Darkseid and the New Gods next season, but after that I think it's time for this show to go.

Old May 18th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #306
jafabian
Iím not dead.

It's interesting that Amanda Waller played a role in this past season. Reportedly Angela Bassett will play her in the Green Lantern movie. I'm wondering if that will determine if the character will be in Smallville for next sesason????

Old May 19th, 2010   SethKane is offline   #307
SethKane
Geoffan

I think Peterson stated in an interview that the big bad for Season 10 would be hinted at in the finale, and we comic fans would be able to identify it.

So my bet is on Darkseid and the Parademons.

Check this out:

ddf
neogod557 View Post
That is AWESOME! But I still say, the only thing that was really a hint, was the Brother Eye logo.

All will be... MINE!
Old May 19th, 2010   SethKane is offline   #308
SethKane
Geoffan

Some people are saying this is the JLA logo, and I kinda see why they'd think that. 'Cept there still is "technically" no JLA on Smallville and we've seen no such symbol before. That looks like an eye to me.

All will be... MINE!
Old May 19th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #309
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Good catch. Looks like an eye to me also.

Old May 19th, 2010   SethKane is offline   #310
SethKane
Geoffan

Good catch. Looks like an eye to me also.
ddf
jafabian View Post
I noticed it right away. They also for some reason included it as one of the next to last images in the "Previously on Smallville" portion of the episode. The middle of the eye also kind of looks like a stylized L. Lex? 'sfunny, when Ollie's blip on the screen appeared, it was right next to the "L" and looked like the Legion symbol.

All will be... MINE!
Old May 19th, 2010   TTitanFan25 is offline   #311
TTitanFan25
Geoffan

Tom Welling just announced that season 10 will be Smallville's last. I don't know if that means they'd go on to do a show called Metropolis or just end it all together. They reported it on the Auseillo File's on EW's site.

Old May 21st, 2010   Marvelman ver.02 is offline   #312
Marvelman ver.02
Neo Geoffan

I don't think that Tom Welling will ever wear the Superman suit. If he did, every time anyone wrote about the show that would be the picture they would show. My guess is that Tom is done playing Clark Kent after next season.

Old June 6th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #313
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. It's reported that the upcoming season will be the last for Smallville. Also, Allison Mack is leaving the show but will appear in several epsisodes.