The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old July 27th, 2009   Morgan K. is offline   #17
Morgan K.
Neo Geoffan

I'm so excited for this season!

Tell me Jean, is this where old discos go to die?
Old July 27th, 2009   Greg Waite is offline   #18
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

I want to know is Davis coming back?

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old July 27th, 2009   jensmith is offline   #19
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

I want to know is Davis coming back?
ddf
Greg Waite View Post
No, the actor said he was finished.

Is there a chance that you make a comeback for the ninthís season, as Davis or another character?

Um... As Davis, unknown at this time. I would imagine he could show up in a flashback if that serves some story they have. Other than that, my task on that show is complete.
ddf
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...wer_123563.asp

Old July 27th, 2009   Greg Waite is offline   #20
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

Davis was a good character. I liked how he tried to fight the monster from coming out and the religious tones for his character were golden.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old September 13th, 2009   The Krystal Method is offline   #21
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

Ok, so on kryptonsite.com, there are images of the season premiere, including pictures of Clark's new costume.

And tis true! Smallville has been moved to Friday. Isn't this normally a bad thing? XD

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old September 13th, 2009   Werehunter is offline   #22
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

And tis true! Smallville has been moved to Friday. Isn't this normally a bad thing? XD
ddf
The Krystal Method View Post
Usually I would say yes, but for a show that's been around as long as Smallville, I think the audience is pretty much set other then those who are just finding it. If someone is going to stop watching Smallville, I doubt the reason will be because it moved to a Friday night. Or at least not enough people to greatly effect the ratings.

Old September 13th, 2009   kipster is offline   #23
kipster
Super Hero Support

Usually I would say yes, but for a show that's been around as long as Smallville, I think the audience is pretty much set other then those who are just finding it. If someone is going to stop watching Smallville, I doubt the reason will be because it moved to a Friday night. Or at least not enough people to greatly effect the ratings.
ddf
Werehunter View Post
I'll probably end up taping it, since Ghost Whisperer and Medium will be on Fridays.

"We pursue that which retreats from us"
Old September 14th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #24
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Fridays are usually rough on programming, because people tend to go out those nights. Especially in the fall and winter. And I haven't seen a lot of marketing on the WB's part announcing the shift.

Old September 25th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #25
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Here's an article I found with 9 questions from the fans. Minor spoilers, so beware!

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/410504_tvgif24.html

Here's hoping Ma Kent returns for at least one episode this season!

Old September 26th, 2009   emeraldknight_89 is offline   #26
emeraldknight_89
Neo Geoffan

The season premier was kinda meh. Next week's episode looks good though.

Old September 26th, 2009   super.flash is offline   #27
super.flash

Savior was superb, I thought.

Old September 26th, 2009   Evan Meadow is offline   #28
Evan Meadow
Geoffan

The season premier was kinda meh. Next week's episode looks good though.
ddf
emeraldknight_89 View Post
I didn't like the end convo between Clark and Chloe.

I understand they needed that end tension between the two of them but he already stated the last time he tried to cheat death his father paid the price.

He really could have said more plain so Chloe could understand "If I brought Jimmy back, could you stand that someone would die in his place to restore the natural order, like Lois?"

Old September 26th, 2009   jensmith is offline   #29
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

I didn't like the end convo between Clark and Chloe.

I understand they needed that end tension between the two of them but he already stated the last time he tried to cheat death his father paid the price.

He really could have said more plain so Chloe could understand "If I brought Jimmy back, could you stand that someone would die in his place to restore the natural order, like Lois?"
ddf
Evan Meadow View Post
Or if he went back, what if he couldn't stop Doomsday again? And even more people died? Or he (Clark) died?

I understood where Chloe was coming from, grief. I really liked that conversation though I think Clark could have given a more logical reason for not going back, because there are plenty of reasons.

I did like it when he told her he wasn't God.

I thought this was a really good episode. It's a shame the show has moved to Friday and the ratings were so low (2.5 million). I hope the DVR ratings improve the total substantially. It's selling well on itunes, if that matters.

Because if Smallville can keep the pace of last night,I wouldn't mind seeing a season 10 (and I'm stunned I'm even saying that! lol).

Old September 26th, 2009   teencomicgeek is offline   #30
teencomicgeek
Whovian

It was a good episode and season premiere. I think I liked last year's season premiere better, but this season looks interesting. I think the biggest disappointment yet best part of the episode (weird) was Lois' dream at the end. A Zod-ruled world? Her and Clark or her and the "Blur" (is that his name now, since there's no Red-Blue)? I was upset, though, cause her trip to the future was likely a year in the future, as in near the season finale, instead of the 31st Century with the Legion of Super-Heroes. Oh well, awesome teases. (Except Chloe running. She does that a lot.)

Also, it sucks not seeing Aaron Ashmore in the opening credits.

Old September 26th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #31
Bill Walko
Comrade

A few observations:

-- does it seem like the cast is dropping like flies? We're down to FIVE main cast members. yikes.
-- some HORRIBLE dialogue, per SMALLVILLE usual standards
-- what's with the lighting on this show? Every scene is dark and shadowed... from Chloe's loft to the hospital to the Kent barn. Someone buy some 100 watt bulbs, stat!
-- Not a fan of the costume; It's unecessary. And red-blue blur is now "black blur".. or just "blur", it seems?
-- did it strike anyone odd that the metro police thought a dude in his mid-30s would take a 20-something woman to a crime scene to make out?
-- It only took them 5 minutes to get to "Kneel before Zod." pfft. Shoudl have saved that for sweeps.
-- Every time they referred to Jimmy, I wanted to yell at the screen, "Don't you mean FakeJimmy?!?!?"
-- Clark is such a girl. Man up!
-- Anyone tired of the daddy complexes with Jor-El... for 9 years now?
-- Also, is anyone else sick of underground fight clubs as the de facto "dude is sorting stuff out" go-to place?
-- Liked the dream stuff at the end with Lois.

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old September 26th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #32
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I grade it a C+. Chloe, IMO, is on the fast track to Lanaville. I found her even more annyoing. She chides Clark for following Lois but was continously chasing Clark. And I can't believe she stomped off in a fit when Clark said he couldn't go in the past to save Jimmy because he did that with his dad. She should have known that.

Looks to me that Saturn Girl mindwiped Lois. I can't wait for a reappearance by the LSH.