The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 26th, 2008   Bruiser is offline   #33
Bruiser
Browncoat

I think this show is better thatn it's been in a long time. Love the Clark/lois interactions.

Old September 28th, 2008   The Krystal Method is offline   #34
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

I think what happened was everyone figured her power would be mega brain computer hacking related so they surprised us at first with that healing thing but always planned on changing it to the brain/hack thing. Now just wonnder how they're gonna explain the power change. When Brainaic tried to do that thing he does with Chole he drew back in pain and wondered what the hell was she. Could her powers have already changed before that or because of that?
ddf
SethKane View Post
Or maybe Chloe is of alien descent. That would be really cool, haha. Or maybe she sucked up Brainiac's smarts?

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old September 28th, 2008   Arcademan/PixieP is offline   #35
Arcademan/PixieP
Zettai daijōbu da yo

Or maybe Chloe is of alien descent. That would be really cool, haha. Or maybe she sucked up Brainiac's smarts?
ddf
The Krystal Method View Post
The way she was deciphering the computers, Brainiac was the first thing that popped in my mind. Hmmm.....

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread- Results and news!
Old September 29th, 2008   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #36
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Don't forget...the big bad Brainiac was actually scared of her when they met in the season ender! It was actually my favorite part of the episode.

"What the hell are you?" He almost stammered! Maybe this will be a way to bring Brainiac back and get Kara out of the phantom zone. (Only Brainiac knows she's there.) I assume Clark thinks she died on Krypton when she got trapped during their return visit?

Does Lois even know that Julian was killed? I don't recall her ever being told.

The best thing to do with Kara would be to have her return in time to send her into the future with the Legion like they did on JLU. This way she'd still be around, but she would have a logical reason not to be on the show and helping Clark save the world.

Old October 3rd, 2008   jafabian is offline   #37
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Y'know, for awhile there I thought we were gonna have a first: an ep where Clark doesn't do anything super! But he did the whole speed thing/heat vision thing before the bell sounded.

Chloe was amazingly annoying to me tonight. Can't believe she's blind to the fact that something is really wrong with herself.

And if Clark is gonna where a suit, shouldn't he be wearing glasses?

Old October 3rd, 2008   E-MAC is offline   #38
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

Chloe annoying?, that is simply impossible. I do have to say that this season without Lana has already been a huge improvement on the show it's too bad that she's coming back.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Old October 3rd, 2008   Mill4rd is offline   #39
Mill4rd
persona non grata

How did they revise GA's origin?

Old October 3rd, 2008   toyguytn is offline   #40
toyguytn*
Freakazoid

How did they revise GA's origin?
ddf
Mill4rd View Post

The only really major revision was putting Mercy in his origin story. Everything else was minor in my opinion.

BYW-I'm glad they finally called her Mercy, and I loved the tag on her car at the end.

I am impressed with this season so far. I didn't think that Smallville would be near as good without Lex, but it has actually improved.(No slight at Michael Rosenbalm. To me, he was the best part of the show while he was there) The stories seem to have more meat to them.

The writing has improved. Slowly we are finally seeing Clark and Lois grow into the characters we know they eventually become. (Clark sporting the suit, Lois becoming less flaky and a more serious reporter). Things are good in Smallville land. If this is the last season, at least it will go out on a high note.

One request though- If this IS the last season, please sign Michael R for one last appearance in the final episode. This show has to end where it began, with Clark and Lex.

If you ever feel the need or desire to in any way physically or mentally harm a child, do the world a favor and do yourself in first.
Old October 3rd, 2008   jafabian is offline   #41
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I still don't get how Lois and Clark can be in the positions they're in for the Planet without finishing college?

Old October 3rd, 2008   Green Guardsman is offline   #42
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

I still don't get how Lois and Clark can be in the positions they're in for the Planet without finishing college?
ddf
jafabian View Post
Yeah, or how Ollie was on that island for 2 years and only had a weeks' worth of beard.

Old October 3rd, 2008   toyguytn is offline   #43
toyguytn*
Freakazoid

Yeah, or how Ollie was on that island for 2 years and only had a weeks' worth of beard.
ddf
Green Guardsman View Post
I told my wife that they should have shown him shaving with a knife or other sharp edge and stopping and seeing his face in a reflection(reflection in water or however they could engineer a reflective surface) with a goatee before cutting it the rest of the way off.

If you ever feel the need or desire to in any way physically or mentally harm a child, do the world a favor and do yourself in first.
Old October 4th, 2008   BirdsofPreyFan is offline   #44
BirdsofPreyFan
persona non grata

Chloe annoying?, that is simply impossible. I do have to say that this season without Lana has already been a huge improvement on the show it's too bad that she's coming back.
ddf
E-MAC View Post
Chloe whining that clark wouldn't bone her for the first 4 seasons, stabbing him in the back because she was greedy and wanted lionel to get her a job she wanted, costing her father his job, lying to clark to try and get clark to get it back for her, being more worried about her job at the planet and her safety than the people she put in danger.

Yeah Chloe's been annoying for a long long time and shes done far worse than Lana asking someone who says they love her to not lie to her. Any normal person wouldn't take that crap in real life either.

Old October 4th, 2008   J-Liv is offline   #45
J-Liv
Frappuccino Jedi

Chloe whining that clark wouldn't bone her for the first 4 seasons, stabbing him in the back because she was greedy and wanted lionel to get her a job she wanted, costing her father his job, lying to clark to try and get clark to get it back for her, being more worried about her job at the planet and her safety than the people she put in danger.

Yeah Chloe's been annoying for a long long time and shes done far worse than Lana asking someone who says they love her to not lie to her. Any normal person wouldn't take that crap in real life either.
ddf
BirdsofPreyFan View Post
I'll agree that Chloe was a bit of a thorn for the first few seasons, but she's gradually grown out of that. People change, and her arc is one of the few on this show that actually felt natural.

She never really came across as whiny; she was always more self-motivated than she was whiny. And while she may have stepped on a few toes in the course of things, she's always ultimately done the right thing (though she, on more than one occasion, took her good sweet time getting around to it).

Lana, while having every right to expect honesty from Clark, was always angry/emo/whiny over something, be it Clark related or not. Her entire personality got real obnoxious, real fast. And at the end of the day, while Chloe always ultimately came out loyal to Clark, Lana only ever came out loyal to herself. I honestly wish they'd written her out three or four seasons ago, and quit watching the show for a good period of time because she became so intolerable (although I ultimately went back and caught up on what I missed because I missed the other characters).

-J

Old October 4th, 2008   kjo1188 is offline   #46
kjo1188
Geoffan

Chloe has never been annoying to me...sure she's made some stupid decisions but Allison Mack is talented enough to make me sympathise regardless.

This season Lois has bugged me a bit (like last year). They had her join the DP with no qualifications and have her act like she's the veteran. Plus didn't she steal Clark's story last week?

Another year older...
Old October 4th, 2008   BirdsofPreyFan is offline   #47
BirdsofPreyFan
persona non grata

I'll agree that Chloe was a bit of a thorn for the first few seasons, but she's gradually grown out of that. People change, and her arc is one of the few on this show that actually felt natural.

She never really came across as whiny;
ddf
J-Liv View Post
Except the countless episodes where every time a guy looked at lana she moaned and complained. Not to mention episodes like tomb and others where she was just as bad about her mother as early smallville Lana and yet lana stopped the crap in season 2, while Chloe kept going all the way into season 6.

Not only that but Chloe never ever did the right thing from the crap she pulled in S3. I'm sorry but sending a guy who threatens you to prison, does not rectify stabbing your best friend in the back, even more so after he told you to not look into his past before, getting your father fired, Lying to your best friend and then running to Lex to save your *ss and not worrying about anyone else.

She never once told Clark the truth and said sorry because you know if she did, he would have dropped her instantly. She never made up for getting her father fired, etc. It was all about her, getting a job, being greedy and then saving her own behind.

Lana never got the chance until this past season to be Loyal to Clark and she was, so don't give me that crap. The She whined about her parents a bit, then outgrew that in season 2, then she basically just got upset and asked someone she loved and someone who claimed he loved her to just trust her, and clark couldn't so he lied to her and she didn't want that, she has that right. Had he gave her the chance earlier there is no doubt things would have been different.

Lana being about herself has to be the biggest joke in this thread. The problem with Lana is they rarely ever let her be herself and stand up for herself and had other people saving her way too much. Honestly without Lana season 5 and 6 just would have been horrible.

Old October 4th, 2008   teencomicgeek is offline   #48
teencomicgeek
Whovian

The only thing about Chloe that annoys me is when she comes up with the catchy superhero/villain names so fast.

On a positive note, Allison Mack has gotten more attractive over the years. Especially on that promo for this season.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

The Doctor