The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 19th, 2008   Nightwing826 is offline   #17
Nightwing826
The New Champion

I enjoyed this episode far from most anything last season. I loved the ending but did anyone catch the name Oliver used to the Russian, it was

ROY CONNOR

I loved that scene all together.

The biggest Freddy Freeman fan.
Old September 19th, 2008   chrisbenes is offline   #18
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

I liked the premire. I missed last seasons last 2 episodes so I was a little behind.

So Lex is gone for good??

Love that Clark is now working at the DP. Lois had a twinkle in her eye when she looked at his name plate!!

Maybe Clrks going to get lucky this season

Old September 19th, 2008   SethKane is offline   #19
SethKane
Geoffan

Such a good episode. Lois definitely has the hots for Clark the way she looked at the end of the ep. My only beef is the cheap cop out to not having to show Martian Manhunter in his true form and all his powers. Hopefully this will be remidied. Wonder how well Oliver can lay low when he's a season regular. I'm thinking maybe the knowledge of their identities didn't make it out of that place in Montana.

Old September 19th, 2008   teencomicgeek is offline   #20
teencomicgeek
Whovian

Wow...that was actually GOOD. Smallville totally annoyed me last season.

Highlights:
*Tess Mercer. Could be an interesting storyline. Newsarama has said she's an entirely new character, but she should just be called Mercy.
*Most of the acting is better than the last few seasons.
*Clark FINALLY progresses. He gets a job at the Daily Planet and seems to be developing a relationship with Lois. yeah.
*Chloe said yes to Jimmy's proposal. Although if the producers really want to dig into the Superman mythology, "Yes" might mean death (or a cheesy video goodbye) for Chloe.
*Lois is hot. I'm so glad I met Erica Durance at MegaCon!

Disappointments:
*Shouldn't Clark be worrying about Kara? That's a major plot line that needs to be tied up. She's in the freakin' Phantom Zone! Supergirl at least just needs ONE guest appearance in one episode to end her story on the show.
*Chloe lost her healing power for super-intelligence. She can already hack government documents at the age of about 21. Why does she need to get smarter? Give her a physical power, like telekinesis or something.
*Black Canary is ugly.
*No appearance from Bart or Vic. Ollie went to save Dinah and AC with a powerless Clark, yet he could have just called Impulse and Cyborg for help. They were searching the Southern hemisphere for Clark, but he was just found. Use your resources, Ollie!
*Martian Manhunter depowered. Although, I did find it weird how he's powerless on the show around the same time he dies in the comics.

Looks like I'm 50/50, love/hate with this show. But I don't watch a lot of shows regularly, so I'll probably tune in to this still.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

The Doctor
Old September 25th, 2008   SethKane is offline   #21
SethKane
Geoffan

So, we all know in the comics why Lois didn't realize Clark was Superman. The glasses, bumbling farm boy, etc, etc. But in Smallville she's known him for years now, is close to him, has feelings towards him it seems, and he doesn't wear glasses. So if the show were to continue, how would Lois not know Clark is Superman?

Old September 25th, 2008   chrisbenes is offline   #22
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

So, we all know in the comics why Lois didn't realize Clark was Superman. The glasses, bumbling farm boy, etc, etc. But in Smallville she's known him for years now, is close to him, has feelings towards him it seems, and he doesn't wear glasses. So if the show were to continue, how would Lois not know Clark is Superman?
ddf
SethKane View Post
Clark would first have to become Superman which he hasn't.

But as a reporter you would think she'd be suspicious of him.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old September 25th, 2008   SethKane is offline   #23
SethKane
Geoffan

Clark would first have to become Superman which he hasn't.

But as a reporter you would think she'd be suspicious of him.
ddf
chrisbenes View Post
well yes I know he would first have to become Superman, hence the, if the show were to continue. But my point is, the way the show has been set up, somewhere down the line in the unseen future of the show, there is no way Lois would not recognize Superman as being Clark

Old September 25th, 2008   TheRay is offline   #24
TheRay
Supreme Geoffan

well yes I know he would first have to become Superman, hence the, if the show were to continue. But my point is, the way the show has been set up, somewhere down the line in the unseen future of the show, there is no way Lois would not recognize Superman as being Clark
ddf
SethKane View Post
Supergirl punch!

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.penland
Xbox Live ID: TrumpetDan
Playstation Network ID: TheRay3
Steam: TrumpetDan
Old September 25th, 2008   teencomicgeek is offline   #25
teencomicgeek
Whovian

Supergirl punch!
ddf
TheRay View Post
OR Superboy-Prime punch!

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

The Doctor
Old September 25th, 2008   Greg Waite is offline   #26
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

Why do we keep getting nice bad guys on this show? Yeah I know they'll be bad and all that but why do the writers show us that they have a heart? (It's not like we root for them in the comic books anyways.)

Now I don't know if Tess Mercer will be the Mercy that we all know but I'm still waiting for her to be a total b****. (I liked her in the premiere but this time felt watered down)

Will we see the "team" that Tess was talking to Bette about? That's been hinted for so long now that even if we don't get to see it, I don't care.

Next week: Ollie!!! (Now that looks like the Year One by Diggle and Jock)

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old September 25th, 2008   Green Guardsman is offline   #27
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

The "Team" is, hopefully, the Injustice League. And maybe we will get so see Clark and Ollie and the rest of the gang battle it up in time for sweeps!

Old September 25th, 2008   opusrph is offline   #28
opusrph
Geoffan

*Tess Mercer. Could be an interesting storyline. Newsarama has said she's an entirely new character, but she should just be called Mercy.
ddf
teencomicgeek View Post
yeah, but then they couldn't have the Tess Mercer / Tess Macher homage
to Donner's Superman movie.

He's angry...we're kind of using him as the team's Wolverine...being a cute little dragon, that's pretty funny. People on fire tend to stop laughing.
Old September 26th, 2008   jafabian is offline   #29
jafabian
I’m not dead.

I fell asleep during the show. What'd I miss???

Old September 26th, 2008   chrisbenes is offline   #30
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

I fell asleep during the show. What'd I miss???
ddf
jafabian View Post
Lois told Clark he had a nice smile

Does anyone think that the chick running Lex Corp is a meteor freek or has some kind of powers?

I do not like her.

But she did mention a team....Possibly a certain Injustice team!!

NEXT WEEK....GREEN ARROW!!!!

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old September 26th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #31
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

*Chloe lost her healing power for super-intelligence. She can already hack government documents at the age of about 21. Why does she need to get smarter? Give her a physical power, like telekinesis or something.
ddf
teencomicgeek View Post
I think that's actually why she can hack databases and websites. Haven't you ever wondered how a person can hack every single government database out there? In a matter of hours, too. I hope this power explains that. If so, it's a nice touch.

Where is everybody?
Old September 26th, 2008   SethKane is offline   #32
SethKane
Geoffan

I think that's actually why she can hack databases and websites. Haven't you ever wondered how a person can hack every single government database out there? In a matter of hours, too. I hope this power explains that. If so, it's a nice touch.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I think what happened was everyone figured her power would be mega brain computer hacking related so they surprised us at first with that healing thing but always planned on changing it to the brain/hack thing. Now just wonnder how they're gonna explain the power change. When Brainaic tried to do that thing he does with Chole he drew back in pain and wondered what the hell was she. Could her powers have already changed before that or because of that?