The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 16th, 2008   kjo1188 is offline   #1
kjo1188
Geoffan

Default Smallville Season 8 Thread (Spoilers naturally)

Getting things kicked off for the premiere in 2 days.
Geoff writing brought back whatever interest died with Rosenbaum leaving.

Another year older...
Old September 17th, 2008   Marky is offline   #2
Marky*
Flippa Dippa Horseman!

I've not tuned in since season 6 really, is season 7 worth picking up on DVD for full price?

I like the idea of Tess Macher and hope the Legion episode will be cool

Heroes Reborn 2: V Neck Boogaloo!
Old September 17th, 2008   Ultimate is offline   #3
Ultimate

Question: Got anything big on Smallville? (Get it? Big on small?) -- Josh

Ausiello:
You're brilliant! Smallville is putting the finishing touches on what I'm told are two of the biggest episodes in years -- 8.10 and 8.11. The former marks the return of Lana, while latter is being penned by celebrated comic book writer Geoff Johns.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94477

Old September 17th, 2008   The Krystal Method is offline   #4
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

while I may not be celebrating the return of Lana, I will welcome Geoff Johns.

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old September 17th, 2008   BirdsofPreyFan is offline   #5
BirdsofPreyFan
persona non grata

Sad thing is KK was always the best female actress on that show regardless of how poor her character turned out at times, and the only better actors/talent on that show are both gone as well Glover and Michael.

So as long as they don't try to do Clana again KK returning is a great thing, it will give us a break from the over the top and poor stuff Allison tries to call acting. Honestly shes best when she just reads her part and lets the rest of the people around her do the rest.

Another Problem is I care more about Kara not being there than I do about tuning in to see Clark and Chloe drama. Ollie/JL/KK will probably be the only reasons I watch other than Legion.

Old September 17th, 2008   Greg Waite is offline   #6
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

As long as we finally get more Lois and Clark scenes, I'm ready for this season. (That seemed to drag on a bit too long)

Can Clark go back to college and get his journalism degree already?

Best thing this season (so far and it didn't start yet): Green Arrow returns!!

No offense to Geoff though.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old September 18th, 2008   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #7
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Some spoilers in the link! Read only if you want to be spoiled!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._premiere.html

Oh and there are four very cool scenes to watch at the bottom. Lots of great Lois action!

And it sounds like two of my long lost favorites turn up in the first episode: MM & MK!
Last edited by Jeff Nowicki; September 18th, 2008 at 01:24 AM.

Old September 18th, 2008   E-MAC is offline   #8
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

This show has really gotten bad over the last couple of seasons. The only reason I still watch it for is Chloe her character is the best thing on the show by far. Hopefully with this being the final season they might actually get their act together and deliver a quality season to make up for at last years which was horrible.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Old September 18th, 2008   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #9
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

This show has really gotten bad over the last couple of seasons. The only reason I still watch it for is Chloe her character is the best thing on the show by far. Hopefully with this being the final season they might actually get their act together and deliver a quality season to make up for at last years which was horrible.
ddf
E-MAC View Post

They have new writers and a huge cast shake up. Lana ran her course and will be gone for most of the season, but the loss of Lex will be difficult. Still, I think the show will look and feel different because of the new writing team.

Chloe is still there and Geoff himself is writing that LOSH episode so there are some good things going on. Ollie is returning as a regular cast member and J'onn and Martha haven't been forgotten. I think the show looks fun tonight and actually can't wait to watch it!

Old September 18th, 2008   chrisbenes is offline   #10
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Who's playing Lex...I didn't here he was leaving. I didn't see all of last season but I've been watching it on Thursday's to catch up.

Old September 18th, 2008   Zatara2000 is offline   #11
Zatara2000
Advanced Geoffan

I am hoping for appearances by the Red Bee, Vibe, Brother Power the Geek, Viking Prince, Swing with Scooter, Bat-Mite, The Phantom Stranger, Hawk and Dove, Rex the Wonder Dog, The Creeper, The Doom Patrol, Prez, Sugar and Spike, Super Hip, Ambush Bug, Cain and Able, the Beefeater, Deadman and Jason's Quest.

Oh yeah...and maybe Superman. Remember when the show was about Superman? That was cool.....

In other words, Smallville jumped the shark IMO. I stoped watching last year when I got sick of "special guest characters" taking away from Clark's story. Thats the REAL reason they got rid of Lex and Lana. They just can't fit in the actual interesting core characters in anymore with all these other heroes running around. If I want to watch a show about random superheroes I'd watch Heroes. I used to tune in for Clark, Lex, Lana, Choe ect but now they are barely on the show at all. How long until Clark himself is written out?

Confessions of a Pop Culture Addict
www.popcultureaddict.com

If your not reading it, then you don't love pop culture
Old September 18th, 2008   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #12
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

i feel like their mission statement is what's causing problems. They can't introduce superman, so they're dwelling on pre-superman and making it as complex as possible, and it just sucks.

A cult of rich people who worship clark? C'mon!

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old September 18th, 2008   diablo is offline   #13
diablo
Geoffan

I've largely given up this show but do give it a look every so often. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for Geoff Johns' Legion episode.

Old September 18th, 2008   ronaldj is offline   #14
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

just finished watching first show it was ok, not great by ok, some things were different...best was end...Clark is working in the desk accross from Lois...OK, no college but he has a job....and his powers.....now if we could just get an S on his chest...

Old September 18th, 2008   Green Guardsman is offline   #15
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

I enjoyed the premiere. The action moved at the right pace for me. And, I think I'm going to like this new character of Tess. What's her backstory?

Old September 19th, 2008   E-MAC is offline   #16
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

Good opening episode, part of which were rushed but overall they did a good job of setting up the rest of the season.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".