The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old July 20th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #1
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Default Batman 3 - What do you want it to be about?

I wanted to concentrate some of the chatter that was in the main TDK thread and focus on that. Here's what I thought:

I think a Penguin done by Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be amazing. Let's do a gang war between him and, say, the Black Mask or even Two-Face, and have Batman caught in the middle of hell trying to stop it all. Add in the mistrust of Batman from the police and Gotham's citizens.

Basically, War Games...but better.

I mean, a turf war starring big time Bat-villains. I think that would rock.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Some folks added in that including Deadshot and Bane as henchmen would be good ideas. I think KGBeast would work, as well.

How about you? What are your ideas?

Where is everybody?
Old July 20th, 2008   tony soprano is offline   #2
tony soprano
Geoffan

david hyde pierce as the riddler
i like scarface and ventriloquist as well
and possibly firefly too

Old July 20th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #3
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

David Hyde Pierce. Huh. That's some creative casting. Nice.

Not sure if the Ventriloquist could work, although the insanity of Wesker would be really interesting to see.

Where is everybody?
Old July 20th, 2008   tony soprano is offline   #4
tony soprano
Geoffan

i figure its him or robin williams.

Old July 20th, 2008   jasonleo is offline   #5
jasonleo
Genius Honky Horseman

I would like to see Michael C Hall as Hush.

caught a ride with a trickster and a javelin man
to a town down by the sea
Old July 20th, 2008   bandit2005 is offline   #6
bandit2005
Neo Geoffan

I put this in another thread as well but it fits better here.

I think Two Face should come back - it's easy enough to undo his death by having him locked away in Arkham, in a coma, etc. although nobody knows about it except Bats and Gordon.

Then, Hugo Strange can bring Harvey back as a tool for crime or whatever while examining Bruce's psyche a bit.

The very last scene is Bruce telling Alfred he's going to investigate some shady dealings at Haly's Circus.

Old July 20th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #7
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

The very last scene is Bruce telling Alfred he's going to investigate some shady dealings at Haly's Circus.
ddf
bandit2005 View Post
I'd love to see that. Introduce the Robin scenario without having to even get into it.

Where is everybody?
Old July 20th, 2008   Chris D. is offline   #8
Chris D.
The Mogolicious Horseman

Did anyone notice that they weren't absolute about Harvey being dead? The last scene wasn't a funeral. It could have very easily been a ceremony for Harvey being that his public life was over after the physical damage and trauma.

Anyway, a dark Riddler can really work, especially if they make his riddles complex

Old July 20th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #9
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I know this might not be popular b/c of Batman and Robin, but what about Mr. Freeze? Sure, it'd be a hard task for the Nolan's to translate his schtick to their realistic universe, but he was portrayed as one of the most sympathetic villains in Dini and Timm's Batman the Animated Series.

Honestly, he's a villain that people could feel sorry for, while still being a menace for Batman.

Where is everybody?
Old July 20th, 2008   Paul_King is offline   #10
Paul_King
Make Mine Marvel Cosmic!

Hush.

That puts in play Scarecrow, Catwoman and Riddler.

Hush is Batman's greatest villian (rivaled by Ledger's Joker) and will bring in suspense, action, drama and a huge cast of villians and supporting characters.

-Paul

"You wrote 'The world doesn't need a Savior' but everyday I hear people crying for one." - Superman Returns
Old July 20th, 2008   Amentep is offline   #11
Amentep

I think its less what I want it to be about and more about what it needs to be about.

Since its a trilogy, it has to be about the final conflict between Batman and the mobs/gangs in Gotham.

Yeah Joker took one, possibly two out but the major crime family still seems poised for recovery after THE DARK KNIGHT.

In that sense, I think the film could go either with a "War Games" scenario as the remaining mobs fight for power OR I could see it working where the mobs realize that the Joker showed them what they needed to do even if he was the wrong tool to use and bring muscle in to stop Batman & re-establish themselves in Gotham.

I think the trick is finding a balance of villains who work in this movie versions setting - not terribly fantastical - and who work with the plot.

I think a few characters mentioned - Black Mask and Bane could work in either scenario. KGBeast or Deadshot could easily be enforcer types hired by the gangs. Penguin might work as a gang leader. Scarecrow seems like a natural to return since he's been in both films.

I think you'd be harder pressed to work Hush, Catwoman, or Riddler into the scenario (although I could see cases made for either) of the Batman-Mob battle. An outside shot may go to someone like Mad Hatter, since I think mind control is just inside the sci-fi tech curve the movie have (but he'd have to look different, I think).

I can't really see Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Firefly, and a number of other horror/sci-fi Bat-villains really working in the setting.

Old July 20th, 2008   DarkNight1939 is offline   #12
DarkNight1939
give 'em hell, kid.

I wanted to concentrate some of the chatter that was in the main TDK thread and focus on that. Here's what I thought:

Some folks added in that including Deadshot and Bane as henchmen would be good ideas. I think KGBeast would work, as well.

How about you? What are your ideas?
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
well, pretty much any villain could be rendered three-dimensional and dark and fascinating in nolanverse... personally i think riddler, penguin, animated series-esque mr. freeze or black mask would fit well
did anyone catch the 'cats' thing from Lucius Fox? i would love to see catwoman. the ambiguity of her character would piss batman off to no end. and nolan would definitely be able to make her a believable character, not a silly over the top dominatrix like she is often portrayed...
talia is another possibility too, maybe appear as the new head of league of assassins?
oh yeah, so is two-face dead? for some reason at the end i totally assumed dent's funeral was staged for the public and two-face would get put in arkham and return as a villain in the 3rd film...

It's better to live one day as a lion than a thousand as a lamb.
Old July 20th, 2008   batmanjones is offline   #13
batmanjones
Neo Geoffan

I predict Catwoman's next.

I wish Man-Bat was next.

Old July 20th, 2008   The Krystal Method is offline   #14
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

I predict introduction of Selina Kyle and Riddler. I think Batman is in such a messed up mental state right now, that his mind is up for grabs, and who better to **** with it then the Riddler?

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old July 20th, 2008   Dave Williams is offline   #15
Dave Williams
a.k.a Mysterio's Helmet

Well you can't end this movie with the public perception of Batman being a "bad guy".

He needs to be a "good guy" again. So I'd say it's all about "redemption".

Villians wise...who knows? Always about the gangs though. Heck bring in Rupert Thorne as the new head of the "family".

I'd say Clayface as a really disturbed Chameleon type behind a smear campaign against Bruce. Who f-ing knows? Anything we guess won't be half as good as what we'd get.

Dude: Kiefer, You're a Pirate.

Kiefer: Well that explains everything!
Old July 20th, 2008   michealdark is offline   #16
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I think we'll see Selina's intro next time. Which would be a "YAY" for me because I'm a Bruce/Selina OTPer, and totally unrepentant about it, in much the same way I'm a Peter/MJ OTPer and unrepentant about it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara