The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old June 28th, 2010   datalore is offline   #177
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

I'm not a fan of all of these movies, but I think all of the below films were either critically liked or somewhat box office successes.

The Client
A Time to Kill
Deep Blue Sea
A Beautiful Mind
I, Robot
Constantine
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
The Da Vinci Code
I Am Legend
Hancock
Angels & Demons
Fringe (Director, Writer)
The Losers

Just because he wrote some films that were hated (and produced some as well) doesn't mean he's a black hole of entertainment evil. I find the claims that either he or Megan Fox are solely responsible for the film being what it is to be just strange.

Is it worth seeing in the theaters? I guess it depends on how much you like action-westerns with other genre elements and can divorce yourself thinking about the Hex comics. And possibly whether you can be entertained by a non-boring but clearly flawed movie.
ddf
Amentep View Post
You seem to have put more thought into this than....those that edited the film (and it's unfair of me to say, as I ain't seen it yet...).

That said, IF a sequel/prequel/reimagining to be made, I nominate you to be in charge!

Hex...had sci-fi (the time-travel to the nuclear ravaged world, and meeting the JLA a few times) and horror (the Vertigo minis) IN his history. Would NOT mind a sci-fi western (The
Adventures of Brisco County Jr, the TV version of Wild Wild West, Firefly/Serenity, even Peter David's Obivion ALL have their charms)....but, needs to be a GOOD sci-fi western!

I think Megan Fox gets the blame (unjustly) since the marketing team put her in the forefront of the ads (to the point that someone had asked me if SHE was Jonah Hex....ah, the uninitated comic people!).

I do think (if it survives at theatres) I'd be willing to give this a shot (that said in 2 weeks, I've been unable to find a comic fan TO go see this with me...well, maybe comic fans like to shoot ourselves in the foot here and there.)

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"
Old June 30th, 2010   thunderdude is offline   #178
thunderdude
Prince of Pizza!

I'm not a huge fan of the comic, but I kind of liked this.Yeah, the best part of it was in the commercials. There is something really cool about a horse with two machine guns attached to it. It's funny you mention
Brisco County, because it would have been so much better if they had snuck Bruce Campbell in as the president. Maybe Eliza Dushku or Summer Glau might have subbed for Megan, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference.

I love it when a plan comes together in the Multiverse!