The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 27th, 2007   booyah is offline   #33
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

Tonights the night! The most eagerly anticipated season premiere for 2007!

Well, maybe not. But it is here!

ddf
jafabian View Post
Well, it's the most anticipated for me anyway!!!!
I love this show and look forward to another kick ass season!!!!!!!!

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old September 27th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #34
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Oh man, it's the Office or this...

touch choice...

Where is everybody?
Old September 27th, 2007   kjo1188 is offline   #35
kjo1188
Geoffan

Oh man, it's the Office or this...

touch choice...
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
unless you have a strict one hour tv per night it shouldn't ruin that...
smallville at 8 office at 9

Another year older...
Old September 27th, 2007   booyah is offline   #36
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

LOVED IT!!!! Freakin' awesome!!!
Of course it left ya with more questions than answers, and some plot points (like now wouldn't Lex be charged with the homicide of his dead lawyer AND escaping arrest) seemed a little goofy, but overall, it was a great look at what will hopefully be a killer season!!

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old September 27th, 2007   space coyote is offline   #37
space coyote

After what I thought was a lackluster previous season, I'm really liking where this one is heading. Great episode. I'm glad they're bringing up the yellow sunlight connection.

Old September 27th, 2007   John Hays is offline   #38
John Hays
Lovin life!

Great show!!

Only issue I had with it? The scene with Lois and Bizarro. Lois was way too fun loving in that scene. She should have still been as pissed and emotional as she was just one scene before with Clark in the hospital, so that was a bit forced. Other than that, I loved it! Can't wait for Superhotgirl!

"What we've got here is ... failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke

3 time consecutive Comicbloc College Basketball Tournament Champion!
Old September 27th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #39
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

unless you have a strict one hour tv per night it shouldn't ruin that...
smallville at 8 office at 9
ddf
kjo1188 View Post
Yeah, good call, lol. I only realized that when I was wondering why Earl was on....

Anyway, a bit of a lackluster episode for me. Was hoping for a bit more pop, especially after a great season finale.

-Lana JUST died, no? I understand the pining over Lana has been tiresome for many, but no mourning from Clark? Wha...?

-The Supergirl bits just seemed thrown in there. I liked the ending part where she flies away, but other than that, I wanted a bit more. There wasn't anything tying into the current story, other than Lex having some sort of an epiphany.

-Clark uppercuts Bizarro twice...and both times he just lets him go? I mean, the first time, ok. He didn't know Bizarro's weakness, and maybe he wanted to regroup. But the second time? Did Clark really think he would knock him into outer space?

I did like the special effect, except for when Bizarro threw Lex into the piping. LOL, first off, it looked like paper being folded, and second, Lex survived that?! Maybe Lex is the alien....lol.

I liked the Chloe moments. I thought those were well done. Also, I liked the reveal with Lana. That was pretty cool. And I loved that J'onn is back guiding Clark. Very cool how he helped him find the connection between Bizarro and the sun. And I assume that was Kara soaring out of nowhere to take Bizarro? I wonder where she took him. Or maybe it was J'onn...

A interesting start, but I wanted a bit more "oomph".

Where is everybody?
Old September 27th, 2007   John Hays is offline   #40
John Hays
Lovin life!

-Clark uppercuts Bizarro twice...and both times he just lets him go? I mean, the first time, ok. He didn't know Bizarro's weakness, and maybe he wanted to regroup. But the second time? Did Clark really think he would knock him into outer space?
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious that Clark let him go the second time because he and J'onn planned it all out for J'onn to grab him and hurl him into the sun as soon as Clark hit him out of the building. What I thought was the weak part of that scene was how we're supposed to think that this was the first time the sun cured him? He's been in the sun his whole life. I guess they were just trying to emphasize it more here.

Wow!! Just saw a future casting that I didn't know about!

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read

So we already knew about Dean Cain coming soon as a Vandal Savage type of character, but check this out: Helen Slater as Lara!! Sweet!

"What we've got here is ... failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke

3 time consecutive Comicbloc College Basketball Tournament Champion!
Old September 27th, 2007   Primal Slayer is offline   #41
Primal Slayer
Geoffan

It was a pretty good episode. But one thing I have never liked about Smallvilles effects is that they try to make everything so extreme which kind of take you out of it. They shouldve made Karas flight some what more elequent at first before making her go zoom. On Heroes it looks like the person is actually flying, on here, not so much.

Wow!! Just saw a future casting that I didn't know about!

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read

So we already knew about Dean Cain coming soon as a Vandal Savage type of character, but check this out: Helen Slater as Lara!! Sweet!

ddf
John Hays View Post
lol ya, thats kind of two months old.

Old September 28th, 2007   Cataclizm1 is offline   #42
Cataclizm1

The broken dam special effects were really cool. Clark's heat vision evaporating all that water was a tad overboard I think. Bizarro frying that guy was wicked. Then, pulling the other guy's heart out was sick. What a bastard! After Clark punched Bizarro I assume that was the Martian Manhunter that flew him into space, but the show should of made it more clear. I thought Lana was brought back way too soon. Overall I thought this episode kicked the Heroe's premier's ass.
Last edited by Cataclizm1; September 28th, 2007 at 12:14 AM.

Old September 28th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #43
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Clark's heat vision evaporating all that water was a tad overboard I think.
ddf
Cataclizm1 View Post
Haha, agreed. And the father tripping and knocking himself unconscious? LOL.

After Clark punched Bizarro I assume that was the Martian Manhunter that flew him into space, but the show should of made it more clear.
ddf
I agree. I didn't know whether that was J'onn or Kara.

Where is everybody?
Old September 28th, 2007   joesmallville is offline   #44
joesmallville
Neo Geoffan

Preview pics for Episodes 3 and 4

http://www.kryptonsite.com/fiercegallery1.htm

Old September 28th, 2007   starks is offline   #45
starks
Geoffan

I liked the fact that they didn't drag the Bizarro plot. They could've milked that for a few episodes at least. That tells me they have a lot of things planned & they want to get to it. Looks like a fun season. I just wonder who took Lionel.

Old September 28th, 2007   moonleming is offline   #46
moonleming

Haha, agreed. And the father tripping and knocking himself unconscious? LOL.

I agree. I didn't know whether that was J'onn or Kara.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
They said Bizzaro was now on Mars.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin
Old September 28th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #47
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

The one thing I didn't like (aside from not seeing Anneyye O'Toole in the credits....bad idea, guys) was, once the whole "yellow sun weakens Bizarro" angle was figured out, Bizarro suddenly became Dracula. In the opening of this episode, we see Bizarro standing toe to toe with Clark outside and getting weaker slowly. Hey, he even extracted himsle from being impaled while in broad daylight. Then at the end....he weakens almost immediately (AFTER charging himself up on a room full of Kruptonite!) and apparently loses the ability to fly (else J'Onn wouldn't have been able to take him away). Oh....and Mars? Thee guy weakens from sunlight, so you put him further from the sun???

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old September 28th, 2007   gardner_guy is offline   #48
gardner_guy
Geoffan

Yeah it had it's share of plot holes I guess. However, it also had more than it's fair share of action. I enjoyed this season premiere more than I did the Heroes premiere. I'm still anticipating what's going to go on with Heroes, but Smallville comes first in my book. We all know who the flying blonde is so do I even need to put up spoiler tags? Well, for that one person on Earth that doiesn't know I'll just say "that girl". I'm anxious to see how "that girl" fits into the whole scheme of things Smallville-style. Seeing as how "that girl" appeared once before in an earlier season and ended up being a fake (*ahem* same name and everything) I was suprised that the show's writers decided to go this route again. Hopefully the Mxyzptlk that appeared will be a fake and we'll get an actual Fifth Dimension imp later on. *fingers crossed*
I wanna see Manhunter's powers cut loose already! He's a shapeshifter, has invisibility, and is a telepath...where are any of these things? As far as the Bizarro thing goes I got mixed feelings. I like that they at least distorted his face a little, but he's basically just like Clark only evil. I hope they dumb him down in the future. Maybe his stay on Mars will alter his appearance and his intelect. *fingers crossed*
I like how Chloe named him. "Bizarro-Clark"...nice.
Last edited by gardner_guy; September 28th, 2007 at 09:56 AM.

Armies of the night! Evil taking flight!
Cobra...COBRA!!!
Cobra...COBRA!!!