The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old September 29th, 2006   The Krystal Method is offline   #17
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

Well yeah, that's already been shown several times. When he's bad Kal he flies. However, I don't expect Kal to be showing up a whole lot anymore since they went down that road already.
ddf
John Hays View Post
Clark needs to just embrace his destiny. I am aware of the "no tights, no flight" rule but come on! How many more seasons do they expect me to stick around waiting for him to fly? Hell, not even fly, but have a moment like in Superman Returns where he's plummeting to his death, but he stops in mid-air before he hits the ground. And then after that, he spends the rest of the season trying to figure out how he did it. THAT would make me happy at least.

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old September 29th, 2006   RJ Squires is offline   #18
RJ Squires
persona non grata

Well yeah, that's already been shown several times. When he's bad Kal he flies. However, I don't expect Kal to be showing up a whole lot anymore since they went down that road already.
ddf
John Hays View Post
While I agree with what you said, I believe that a "GOOD" Kal will fly during this season.

Old September 29th, 2006   brentac is offline   #19
brentac
Geoffan

Zod's not still out there. He was sucked inside the stone that Clark put in the fortress.

Other than that I agree with you. Oh, I'd add that it would have been nice to get SOME idea of where Clark's headed.
ddf
John Hays View Post
I thought Zod was still out there too. Not that he was that final phantom we saw (since we saw others also go through the gateway behind Clark) but I didn't realize he was trapped in the crystal.

Bring back the Green Lantern, Raker Qarrigant

xbox live gamer tag - brentac82
Old September 29th, 2006   Ed Garland is offline   #20
Ed Garland

I laughed when Lana was knocked out (again, for the Nth time). And I laughed again when I read the earlier post.

I know it's a sci-fi fantasy show, but would't you really like to see Lana in one of those hospital scenes and the doctor examining her notices that she has been knocked out so many times?
I mean, anyone who's couinting birds around their head that many times usually is in pretty bad shape. NY Jet Wayne Crebet [sp?] retired after getting knocked out around 6 times. What is keeping Lana up and alert?

Best,
Ed

Saving the world, one student at a time.
Old September 29th, 2006   Feltonbass is offline   #21
Feltonbass
Yep....

I laughed when Lana was knocked out (again, for the Nth time). And I laughed again when I read the earlier post.

I know it's a sci-fi fantasy show, but would't you really like to see Lana in one of those hospital scenes and the doctor examining her notices that she has been knocked out so many times?
I mean, anyone who's couinting birds around their head that many times usually is in pretty bad shape. NY Jet Wayne Crebet [sp?] retired after getting knocked out around 6 times. What is keeping Lana up and alert?

Best,
Ed
ddf
Ed Garland View Post

Just how many times has Lana been knocked out? 30.5 according to Neal Bailey's KO Count at SupermanHomepage.com:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/tv/t...ville-knockout

While you're over there, check put his reviews...great stuff.
Last edited by Feltonbass; September 29th, 2006 at 08:13 AM.

One man's pathetic quest to make it SDCC 2010

www.jedisnakeeyes.blogspot.com
Old September 29th, 2006   BlackTornado is offline   #22
BlackTornado
Dazed and Confused

Loved it

Fiona Glenanne: Honestly, I don't know why they bother. They should just put a bullet in your head and be done with it
Old September 29th, 2006   Simon DelMonte is offline   #23
Simon DelMonte
Diehard DCU & Mets Fan

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what Zod looked like when he was plicked from Lex's body.

It was a CGI version of Terence Stamp as Zod.

I love the cool ways that this show uses the old movies without aping them slavishly. (Yes, Mr. Singer, i'm talking to you.) I also like Jimmy calling Clark CK. Just as long as Perry doesn't come back and say "Great Shades of Elvis".

Overall, i liked this, but there were huge plot holes. The world nearly ended, and no one seems to address that at all. Still, I expected a fun hour, and I got it.

Simon DelMonte
Old September 29th, 2006   majflash is offline   #24
majflash
Spread it on!

I enjoyed this episode for the most part. I really was rooting for Lana to say something at the end like "Smallville has too many bad memories for me, Im leaving for good" Thanks to DVR and the fast forward function she is off the show as far as im concerned. Shes a lame duck character that has been replaced nicely by Durance and Mack.

Im looking forward to seeing the first hints of a Justice League this season but if the addition of Green Arrow means the show will take a political turn I may start tuning out. I hope that doesnt happen. I hope that Clarks lack of direction at the end of this episode means that he will focus more on being a hero and maybe the other heros will help him on that path.

Go Bears!
Old September 29th, 2006   Greg Waite is offline   #25
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

Don't forget about those Phantoms that also escaped with Clark. There were four of them.

Clark will have to beat them on top of Green Arrow coming in.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old September 29th, 2006   Atom Palmer is offline   #26
Atom Palmer
Neo Geoffan

It was refreshing to see two guys with Superman powers actually use there SuperSpeed when fighting! A welcome contrast from the turtle-like movements of the 80's films, and the superspeed amnesia Clark seems to get when he's fighting Doomsday and Darkseid in the comics.

I hope Terrence is not done with the show.. I think people would go crazy if he actually reprised his role as the physical version of Zod! 1 because he's ridiculously old now and 2 he is such a badass he could probably still pull it off convincingly.

i give this episode an 8.8 out of 10

Old September 29th, 2006   RJ Squires is offline   #27
RJ Squires
persona non grata

It was refreshing to see two guys with Superman powers actually use there SuperSpeed when fighting! A welcome contrast from the turtle-like movements of the 80's films, and the superspeed amnesia Clark seems to get when he's fighting Doomsday and Darkseid in the comics.

I hope Terrence is not done with the show.. I think people would go crazy if he actually reprised his role as the physical version of Zod! 1 because he's ridiculously old now and 2 he is such a badass he could probably still pull it off convincingly.

i give this episode an 8.8 out of 10
ddf
Atom Palmer View Post
He did....They showed him being extracted in the end from LEX....

Old September 30th, 2006   Jay West is offline   #28
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

Yep loved the CGI Stamp. Alos loved the episode. If GL has a costume, I hope some of the leagues does as well.

Old September 30th, 2006   joesmallville is offline   #29
joesmallville
Neo Geoffan

Preview Clip for next week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJc9OrVodHE

First look at Clark's new power and Oliver Queen

Old September 30th, 2006   Ryster is offline   #30
Ryster
Master Geoffan

From Mercy Reef to Smallville, at least he's got a good agent. I like the effect with Clark's super breath.

Ryster
Old September 30th, 2006   Atom Palmer is offline   #31
Atom Palmer
Neo Geoffan

I was expecting Green Arrow to be a cranky hot-tempered liberal~howard Dean with a bow. This works too I guess.

Old September 30th, 2006   booyah is offline   #32
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

Preview Clip for next week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJc9OrVodHE

First look at Clark's new power and Oliver Queen
ddf
joesmallville View Post
Whooyah!!!!
Ollie AND a new power, and a sassy new doo for Chloe, can't wait for next week

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.