The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old November 6th, 2006   jaratr is offline   #17
jaratr
Mr. Myopic

New villain confirmed. It will be a studio executive. There's no way Supes can win!

"..is Captain Turgid a good super-hero name?"
Old March 13th, 2007   Director of Everything is offline   #18
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

No Zod in Superman Returns Sequel?
"It's going to be a lot more in that genre. In the first one, the obstacle was Superman's love for Lois and his son, and Luthor using that against him. I just know that in the next film there will be a lot of action and I'm gonna get to fight something, or someone. An enemy with real physical power might be worked in there, definitely.

"MORE at the link", says Pete
ddf
GOOD! Let's get BIG and creative! Brainiac! Metallo! Doomsday!

DoE

Believe it or not, I LOVE COMICS!!! and it's only hard to tell because I know that they can be and SHOULD BE better.
Old March 13th, 2007   booyah is offline   #19
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

Awesome news!! I love Zod, but there needs to be a Lex and Zod free movie...that doesn't involve supercomputers and Richard Pryor.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old March 13th, 2007   Eric Q is offline   #20
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Awesome news!! I love Zod, but there needs to be a Lex and Zod free movie...that doesn't involve supercomputers and Richard Pryor.
ddf
booyah View Post
Agreed, bring back Lenny Luthor and Nuclear Man!!

Old March 13th, 2007   booyah is offline   #21
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Agreed, bring back Lenny Luthor and Nuclear Man!! :P
ddf
Eric Q View Post
Whooooo0000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I really hope it's Brainiac. That would rock!!!

Old March 13th, 2007   smallville is offline   #22
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

Whooooo0000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I really hope it's Brainiac. That would rock!!!
ddf
booyah View Post
I'll take anyone who will give us a good old fashion fist fight climax. THe krypontie was cool, but Superman needs to fight someone! Anyone who can hold his own would be cool...Darkseid??? maybe?

Braniac would be great to either way, you have a hardcore villian who packs a punch.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old March 13th, 2007   booyah is offline   #23
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

I'll take anyone who will give us a good old fashion fist fight climax. THe krypontie was cool, but Superman needs to fight someone! Anyone who can hold his own would be cool...Darkseid??? maybe?

Braniac would be great to either way, you have a hardcore villian who packs a punch.
ddf
smallville View Post
That and since Brainiac is a robot Supes can go totally hardcore and rip him in half and use heat vision on him, and rip him into fourths, and then freeze him and rip int.....oh, sorry, I haven't had my meds today.
But yeah, a Superfight would ROCK!!! And none of that shoving or throwing stuff....hit something FARMBOY!!!!!!!!

Old March 13th, 2007   smallville is offline   #24
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

That and since Brainiac is a robot Supes can go totally hardcore and rip him in half and use heat vision on him, and rip him into fourths, and then freeze him and rip int.....oh, sorry, I haven't had my meds today.
But yeah, a Superfight would ROCK!!! And none of that shoving or throwing stuff....hit something FARMBOY!!!!!!!!
ddf
booyah View Post
YEAH! some punches would be cool....superman lifting heavy objects got old after....the plane...the daily planet...the OTHER air plane(i think)..and the kryptoisland.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old March 14th, 2007   jaratr is offline   #25
jaratr
Mr. Myopic

Can he be Brainiac but NOT be called that? Might as well call him Dork-0-tron 6000.

He's got the premise to be a great villain, just not the name.

"..is Captain Turgid a good super-hero name?"
Old March 14th, 2007   Director of Everything is offline   #26
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

Lame names didn't take away any of Magneto's menace in the X-Men movies.

Believe it or not, I LOVE COMICS!!! and it's only hard to tell because I know that they can be and SHOULD BE better.
Old March 14th, 2007   Director of Everything is offline   #27
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

Singer Thriller to Delay Superman Sequel
Bryan Singer will reteam with his The Usual Suspects screenwriter Chris McQuarrie on an original thriller for United Artists toppers Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner. The movie is expected to push the Superman Returns follow-up back:

The film will delay Warner Bros.' hope of mounting a sequel to "Superman Returns" in the near future. Singer's Bad Hat Harry banner has an overall deal at WB, where he is developing several films that include that sequel and the Harvey Milk biopic "The Mayor of Castro Street." He also is directing "Football Wives," a series pilot for ABC and ABC TV Studio. The new project begins production this summer.
ddf
A return for Singer to the kind of film that made him great, is NOT a disappointment to this moviegoer. If he can deliver another US, I'll wait for a new Superman.

DoE

Old March 19th, 2007   Director of Everything is offline   #28
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

Superman Sequel Eyeing March '08 Start
Angeloz asks if I'm coming back to work on the sequel. The answer is...I'm ALREADY working on the sequel. Bryan, Brandon and the whole merry bunch will be coming back...and filming will probably begin March, 2008, as was always planned from the beginning. The WWII film Bryan plans to shoot over the summer will have NO EFFECT whatsoever on the Superman sequel schedule.
ddf
producer Robert Meyer Burnett

Old March 19th, 2007   fallentaco is offline   #29
fallentaco
The Lone Gunman

Huh, wonder how thats possible...

It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Cap’s shield.-Joe Q
Old March 19th, 2007   Terry Sloane is offline   #30
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

I hope for a Superman sequel sooner rather than later. They still have some doubts to dispel regarding the ability to deliver an action-packed blockbuster. I loved Supes I but want more.

Old March 23rd, 2007   Director of Everything is offline   #31
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

The New Villainous Adventures of Superman
“The script has not yet been written, but discussions are being bounced around in regards to the major villains being Metallo and Brainiac.

“Apparently the "Bank Gunner" from Superman Returns (the guy who shot Superman in the eye) will be the man who becomes/gets turned in to Metallo. It's unknown if he'll be referred to as John Corben or not.

“The rumor goes on to state that Metallo does something pretty major in his huge battle with Superman which catches the attention of an alien orb in space (aka Brainiac), directing its attention towards Earth”.
ddf
DoE

Old April 10th, 2007   Director of Everything is offline   #32
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

Orlando Bloom in next Superman film?
Apparently the “Pirates of the Caribbean” stud was spotted talking to rector Bryan Singer and producers Mindy and Jon Peters.

The latter site says, “Bloom’s ex-girlfriend Kate Bosworth played Lois Lane in the first film. So speculation has already begun over Bloom playing the Man of Steel.”

A source for Warner Bros tells us that Bloom will “definitely not” be taking over the role of Superman.

As for whether he’s in the mix to play another of the roles? Say Zod or Brainiac? Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
ddf