The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old November 21st, 2007   moonleming is offline   #33
moonleming

Scott Porter would work for me simply because he's a fan. When I saw his picture I remebered this..http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=98145

At least this type of knowledge could help his approach.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin
Old November 21st, 2007   RJ Squires is offline   #34
RJ Squires
persona non grata

Ummmm.....Nahh. both wouldnt work.

I think Brody would make a decent Wally.

Old November 21st, 2007   KONELVELI is offline   #35
KONELVELI*
Kon's back!

Default no doubt about..

The Flash part has to go to Ryan Reynolds!

I collect Superman/ Superboy action figures
and anything Jose Canseco
Old November 21st, 2007   jafabian is offline   #36
jafabian
I’m not dead.

I always like Matthew McConnaughey in the role of Wally. If he'd put on some weight I'd like to see Eric McCormack as Kyle if they use him. But I imagine Hal will be used.

Old November 21st, 2007   Infernorhythm is offline   #37
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

The more and more I hear about this, the more and more I dread it. Can't really see Supes or Bats without Routh or Bale, and personally the story leaks sound terrible. I want this to be good, but it just seems like a rush job on DC/WB's part that is doomed to fail.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old November 23rd, 2007   Terry Sloane is offline   #38
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

I think this movie talk is just to light a fire under the Superman sequel team to get their act together. It's a veiled threat to take the money and creative control elsewhere.

Old November 23rd, 2007   DABEARS is offline   #39
DABEARS
KRYPTO,NOT ON THE CARPET!

I just want a great DC movie. I know the new Batman will be good but a JLA movie has to be great.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Old November 24th, 2007   smallville is offline   #40
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

In an issue of Wizard Scott Porter mentioned wanteing to play the role of Hal Jordan for Smallville.

I would love a FNL person to be in a JLA movie, but I don't see him as Superman.

But he would be a great Hal.

Of course I don't mind him for the role of Invincible either.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old November 24th, 2007   Big Bad Voodoo Lou is offline   #41
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
I am the Law... Librarian

Hasn't Common already been cast as GL John Stewart?

My website, including comics and toys for sale or trade: http://www.geocities.com/bigbadvoodoolou .
Old March 30th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #42
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Unhappy Is Warner Bros. Really Planning A Justice League Movie For 2013?

From CBR's Spinoff Online: Is Warner Bros. Really Planning A Justice League Movie For 2013?

An otherwise-standard profile of “misunderstood” incoming Warner Bros. President Jeff Robinov contains a bit of a bombshell: Considering the studio’s post-Harry Potter future, Los Angeles Times reporter Ben Fritz briefly turns his attention to a DC Comics-based movie slate consisting of Green Lantern in June, The Dark Knight Rises and Superman in 2012, and “Justice League, a teaming of DC’s top heroes, in 2013.”

That’s right, Justice League, the film that was shelved in January 2008 — amid the writers strike, concerns about Australian tax incentives and the possibility of an actors strike — just four months after Mad Max director George Miller was attached to the project. Cast members, who included Adam Brody as The Flash, Armie Hammer as Batman and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, were reportedly told at the time that the studio was still determined to make the film with them in it.

However, that was more than three years ago, during which time we’ve heard virtually nothing about a Justice League movie beyond unsubstantiated rumor. So what, if anything, has changed?

It would be easy to dismiss the inclusion of Justice League as the reporter’s lack of familiarity with the properties, or a slip of the keyboard. But the description of the movie as “a teaming of DC’s top heroes,” would seem to discount that. Still, an offhand mention in a business-section profile is an unlikely way to announce that a major movie is back in development. Stranger things have happened, though.

As for the 2013 target date: It’s certainly possible; the previous incarnation kicked into gear in September 2007 with an eye toward a 2009 release. And while the options for the cast lapsed long ago, during which time Hammer’s Hollywood stock rose dramatically, there’s already a script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) that Warner Bros. executives are said to have liked.
ddf

IMO, it was inevitable considering the progress Marvel is making with their own franchises.

Old March 30th, 2011   handler313 is offline   #43
handler313
Geoffan

Yes.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...invent-batman/

Erasing doubts about the Justice League movie mentioned in its profile of incoming Warner Bros. President Jeff Robinov, the Los Angeles Times reports a new script is the works, with the aim to have DC Comics’ top characters together onscreen in 2013.

That film would potentially serve as a launching point for other superhero movies — an approach mentioned in 2007, before director George Miller’s Justice League was shelved — including The Flash and Wonder Woman, a character whose NBC television pilot is being shot at this moment. Robinov doesn’t see the David E. Kelley revival as a conflict, though, pointing out that Superman Returns coexisted with Smallville.

But perhaps even bigger than the Justice League is Robinov’s acknowledgment that Warner Bros. will “reinvent” the Batman franchise following the release next year of The Dark Knight Rises — with Christopher Nolan and wife Emma Thomas remaining involved as producers.

It sets Nolan up as the architect, or godfather, of DC’s big-screen “universe” — he’s already producing Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot — a role that stands to benefit everyone involved.

As we noted earlier, Warner Bros. pulled the plug on Justice League even as it neared production in early 2008 because of a confluence of issues: the writers strike, Australian tax-credit uncertainties, the possibility of an actors strike and, the LA Times adds, concerns that another version of Batman might conflict with Nolan’s films. Some of the central cast was already in place, including Adam Brody as The Flash, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman and a then-relatively unknown Armie Hammer as Batman.
ddf

Old March 30th, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #44
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern.

Keep the core team very small, with big names. Batman films are already wrapping up, Green Lantern is coming out this year and Superman is coming out next year. If we have a WW TV show in late 2011 and a Flash film sometime in 2012 it's not impossible.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old March 30th, 2011   virtuadept is offline   #45
virtuadept
bye.

I refuse to see it if it doesn't have the Wonder Twins.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old March 30th, 2011   thunderdude is offline   #46
thunderdude
Prince of Pizza!

Well, this is at least possible now.

I love it when a plan comes together in the Multiverse!
Old March 30th, 2011   Flash Fact is offline   #47
Flash Fact
Neo Geoffan

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern.

Keep the core team very small, with big names. Batman films are already wrapping up, Green Lantern is coming out this year and Superman is coming out next year. If we have a WW TV show in late 2011 and a Flash film sometime in 2012 it's not impossible.
ddf
Timekeeper View Post
I agree with this, but I wouldn't mind Martian Manhunter on there as well. He would be an interesting lynchpin character for the film.

Proud member of BASH! (Barry Allen Support Headquarters)
Old March 30th, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #48
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

I agree with this, but I wouldn't mind Martian Manhunter on there as well. He would be an interesting lynchpin character for the film.
ddf
Flash Fact View Post
I could see Martian Manhunter as a core member, perhaps even the reason for the team's genesis.

It also slightly irks me that it'd be an all white main cast, but I would feel equally uncomfortable shoehorning in an affirmative action hero.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P