The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old May 15th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #337
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

As others have said, this was bad. from Clark AGAIN not wearing the glasses to the wedding to Chloe knocking the ring away, Clark saying get everyout of here and an entire church runnign screaming from something they didn't know was happening...I knew this was off to a bad start.

And then to see the Big Bad taken out with one punch and Clark "I spent a decade learning to fly" apparently I guess because they never showed it...pushing a planet out of orbit. And hows about that Lois? She didn't know he could fly this well OR move a planet, but heck...she knew her hero would say the day....how? Who cares?

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 15th, 2011   chrisbenes is offline   #338
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

wasn't great....wasn't horrible...I just felt unsatisfied to be honest. I expected more action and more of Tom Welling as Superman instead of these far away shots.

would have liked a bit more of a fight....honestly...Green Arrow stole the show IMO.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old May 16th, 2011   Bill Walko is offline   #339
Bill Walko
Comrade

.honestly...Green Arrow stole the show IMO.
ddf
chrisbenes View Post
That's because Justin Hartley has 100x more charisma than Tom Welling.

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old May 16th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #340
jafabian
I’m not dead.

wasn't great....wasn't horrible...I just felt unsatisfied to be honest. I expected more action and more of Tom Welling as Superman instead of these far away shots.
ddf
chrisbenes View Post

I was surprised they even showed him in it. The producers have been adamant all during the series not to show him flying or in costume. I imagine they've had the approach that fans KNOW he can fly. They KNOW he'll put on the costume. The series is about what lead him to that point.

I thought they'd probably would only show him in the end opening his shirt revealing the "S" shield which is exactly how they ended it. What I was hoping for was more Darkseid. We saw him even less than the costume. Or at least have Orion or Mister Miracle show up.

Old May 16th, 2011   Outburstt is offline   #341
Outburstt
Geoffan

I enjoyed the last episode. Like I've enjoyed the whole series.
The last episode left enough open ends for something to be made of it.
A few "huh?!" points came up too....
First of all, Who were all thos people at the wedding?
Where was Conner? Wasn't he stuck with Martha? Well she was there. I guess you could assume he was with the other heroes but not being trained and all....
Wasn't Jimmy's little bother like 6ish when Jimmy died?
2018 isn't an election year. I guess if you noticed you just have to assume that Lex had the president killed.
On a high note, once Lois got on that plane, I knew that Clark was gonna fly in and save her.

Worry is a misuse of imagination.
Old May 16th, 2011   Lady Obie is offline   #342
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

I found this finale ep surprisingly underwhelming too

I hated the way Tess was killed off but when I look back on the whole thing a lot of other parts left something to be desired too such as:
  • No big fight between Clark/Supes and Darkseid? And Darkseid's 3 flunkies just disintegrated in an instant?
  • The wedding had a lot of build-up for something that ended up serving no purpose except having a possessed Ollie try to destroy Clark.
  • The CGI at the end during the Supes scenes was pretty craptastic. And even if the Supes costume wasn't perfect, why wasn't there one shot of Tom in the full costume?
  • Heck, I'm wondering if Tom actually wore any parts of the costume at any time during that end scene with the exception of the shirt-opening part at the end

But there were a few parts I liked:
  • The framing device of Chloe reading the Supes comic to her (& I think its safe to assume Ollie's) young son.
  • Most of the scenes with Pa Kent's spirit were really touching, especially when he cradled the Supes costume like a baby before handing it to Clark.
  • Most of the scenes with Lois rocked! Erica really owned that role and every pretty much scene Lois was in

I got the DCAU GL 1st Flight Blu Ray this weekend and I would've figured if I were lucky the GL movie would be as good as the Smallville finale which I had expected to be thoroughly awesome.

But it turned out the GL movie was the one that was thoroughly awesome, actually giving me some of the things I was hoping to see in the Smallville finale but didn't get

I'm now looking forward to Smallville final season DVD set this fall so that I can watch my handful of fave parts of the Smallville finale and be able to skip the rest of it!

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old May 16th, 2011   darthlucifuge is offline   #343
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

Some of you might enjoy this

ComicsAlliance Recaps The 'Smallville' Series Finale

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old May 17th, 2011   Lady Obie is offline   #344
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
That was a really good read but I'll warn the rest of you its also a pretty long read so you might only want to read it when you have a fair amount of time to kill

My fave part was when they agreed with my peeve about not seeing Tom in the full Super-suit

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old May 17th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #345
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

My fave part was when they agreed with my peeve about not seeing Tom in the full Super-suit
ddf
Lady Obie View Post
your pet peeve is apparently the pet peeve of 99.99999% of the viewers.

Old May 17th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #346
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
OMG.

Now I'm going to start reading their recaps for ALL the episodes they did.

I'm just sorry they didn't pick up on the "He's getting married. Friends, photographers...everything. And he STILL won't wearing the friggin' GLASSES!" thing.

Sorry, Smallville fans...Weilling made a good Clark as long as he never had to become Superman. Then his Clark fell horribly flat.

Old May 17th, 2011   achilles140 is offline   #347
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

On a side note, Darkseid's big plan seems to have been pretty stupid. One would think that the genius New God would possibly have thought that crashing his OWN planet into Earth wasn't really the best way to win that thing...

Old May 17th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #348
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

On a side note, Darkseid's big plan seems to have been pretty stupid. One would think that the genius New God would possibly have thought that crashing his OWN planet into Earth wasn't really the best way to win that thing...
ddf
achilles140 View Post
You mean his plan that involved possessing a 60 year old man as opposed to the empty 20 something vessel laying right next to it?

Old May 17th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #349
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I should say that everyone involved did the best job they could to deliver top notch entertainment to their audience and we should thank them for a decade of TV, don't you think?

Old May 17th, 2011   ADGood is offline   #350
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

As they said, the most one can hope is that this is DC's way of promising that they will keep their comic prices at $2.99 until at least 2018.

Old May 18th, 2011   Billy Batson is offline   #351
Billy Batson
Neo Geoffan

I should say that everyone involved did the best job they could to deliver top notch entertainment to their audience and we should thank them for a decade of TV, don't you think?
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic

Read my movie reviews at my site
Old May 18th, 2011   TJLamb0518 is offline   #352
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I hope you are being sarcastic
ddf
Billy Batson View Post
Heck, no! That wouldn't be nice!