The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Ron Marz > Ron's Comics!

Old January 3rd, 2012   Ron Marz is offline   #1329
Ron Marz
Premier

Have you talked about the upcoming John Carter movie anywhere? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on what we've seen of it so far.
ddf
MattDiCarlo View Post

I'm excited about what we've seen thus far. I think Andrew Stanton knows what he's doing.

Old January 3rd, 2012   Ron Marz is offline   #1330
Ron Marz
Premier

I have Question to Mr. Marz- I'm a longtime fan of yours, HUGE Kyle Rayner fan I have every issue of Green Lantern you've ever written! Some even multiple copies because of alternate cover

After Kyle I followed you on Witchblade and enjoyed every page, panel and loved how strong yet vulnerable you made Sara Pezzini. I know your now off the Voodoo book which I also picked up regularly (I swear I'm not a stalker lol) I've been wondering since the 90's if Voodoo is Black, I know she has quite a bit of alien DNA which would explain some of her more "exotic" features and Dc before launching the book claimed she was a "African American bi-sexual superhero" I've asked Brandon Choi to no avail and can't find Jim Lee so I'm asking you

Why is the answer important? I currently run a Blog dedicated to Black Superheroes and would love to both include voodoo in my character section and review the four issue of voodoo you wrote, which I really like!

Thanks in advance and keep on writing stellar books!
ddf
Worldofblackheroes View Post

Thanks for the kind words.

My intent was for Voodoo to be mixed-race (one African American parent) ... not to mention the alien/Daemonite heritage.

Old February 8th, 2012   Worldofblackheroes is offline   #1331
Worldofblackheroes

Thanks Allot for the confirmation Ron!
Can't wait for your eventual re-union with Kyle Rayner!

Old February 11th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #1332
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Is it safe to say that given what's set up in Artifacts, now is a good time to jump onboard?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old March 30th, 2012   die-yng is offline   #1333
die-yng
Decompressing

Hi Ron,

Don't know if you remember me, I've been a regular writer to the Witchblade letter's page, until I haven't been able keep up with reading the newer issues (though I still bought them).
Naturally I've followed you to Artifacts now and that's where my questions generate from, I know I'm a bit behind here, but I wanted to read the whole story in one setting and so I waited until I was able to get all three TP's for the original storyline (third one was terribly late, here in germany).

So, anyway onto my questions now.

1. Jackie and Sara? Really? She falls for him awfully easy, considering she never liked him one bit.

2. Sara ready to kill hope? Again, she goes for t awfully fast, before even thinking this through for an appropriate time.

3. Why does Abby not have the heartstone anymore? Will this be explained in the upcoming Artifacts issue?

4. Dani and Fynn, are they still together? Please tell me they are, they are such a sweet couple and I loved how you treated their relationship exactly the same as between Sara and Gleason.

Anyway, a shame you are no longer writing Voodoo, DC should have put more trust into you and I love Shinku, aboslutely brilliant and the best work by Lee Moder I've seen so far.

Thanks in advance,

dieter

Old November 16th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #1334
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Does it feel good to finally have a release date for Ravine, and to be able to work with a long-time collaborator on an OGN series?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old March 27th, 2013   Mister Jerusalem is offline   #1335
Mister Jerusalem
Decompressing

You've had some good long runs on Green Lantern and Silver Surfer. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Any idea why they haven't collected more? The Green Lantern issues are something less than 50% of the run, and Silver Surfer I believe is significantly less than that. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat if I could.