The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Greg Rucka > Greg's Novels

Greg's Novels Perfect Dark, Queen & Country, Kodiak, Patriot Acts and more

Old July 2nd, 2013   Alaric is offline   #1
Alaric
Geoffan

Default Atticus Kodiak Novels

Do all the books have to be read in order. Can you skip a book a without being lost?

Neagation#25 - Gammid to Javi "When you meet the real God and It's not your Precious Charon ... Boy will you feel Stupid"
Old July 3rd, 2013   Eric Q is offline   #2
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Do all the books have to be read in order. Can you skip a book a without being lost?
ddf
Alaric View Post
IIRC, you can jump into some or all of them without being lost because Greg fills you in on anything from a previous book. But if you read out of order, some moments might not have the impact it could because you don't know the whole context.

Unless you're really uninterested in the plot of some of the AK books, I would recommend that you read in order.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old July 3rd, 2013   Ken Liner is offline   #3
Ken Liner
White Pawn 743 - ONLINE

I echo what Eric said. Unlike other series, these characters grow and age with each book. Their experiences and outlook are directly defined by the previous books.

I highly recommend these books.

Old July 5th, 2013   Alaric is offline   #4
Alaric
Geoffan

Thanks guys
I recently gave up comics. But i remembered that some of my favorite comic writers such as Greg are also novelists so I'm buying their books instead.

Neagation#25 - Gammid to Javi "When you meet the real God and It's not your Precious Charon ... Boy will you feel Stupid"
Old October 25th, 2013   Danny Perkins is offline   #5
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

Though I wouldn't personally recommend it you could probably skip Keeper, Finder, and Shooting at Midnight.

Smoker, Critical Space, Patriot Acts, and Walking Dead on there own would read ok.

But there is a lot of backstory that you wouldn't get.

I couldn't imagine not reading them all, but I imagine this would work.

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo