The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Ron Marz > Ron's Comics!

Old February 24th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Thumbs up Shelf Life: Ron's CBR column for 2/24/11

FROM CBR:SHELF LIFE - CON JOB

Ron talks about the convention circuit, including the upcoming ECCC!

Old February 25th, 2011   manwithnoname is offline   #2
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

from his column: " I had someone bring me damn near everything I'd ever written to sign. A few longboxes of issues, sometimes multiple copies. It's flattering, of course, but somewhere around the two-hundredth signature I'd scrawled for the same guy, it got a tiny bit old. I signed every book he brought me, though, without complaint. I've never turned someone down for an autograph, and I never will."

ok, to do this is absolutely wrong. have a few things to sign. or better yet, have your favorite work get signed by that creator.

i started something at last year's ECCC: brought early Brubaker Capt America's issues where my letters were printed. i had brubaker sign those and chatted with him. i will NEVER get rid of those comics.

i going to miss this year's ECCC (family obligations) and Ron will be attending. recent events have me unsure if i still have to be here; i'm really trying to see if i can go.

Old February 28th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #3
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Seriously, asking a creator to sign LONGBOXES is overkill and testing their patience. And not fair to the other people in line. Just get the issues most important. IMO, ten issues should be the most to ask a pro to sign at a con. And for me, I'd rather talk to them.