The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old December 27th, 2015   imarriedsatanII is offline   #33
imarriedsatanII
Horseman of the Calypso

If anyone that has it or can get it, go read (or reread) Secret Origins Annual #3 (second series). Similar story as the one we're getting now. Just dug it out of the long boxes and am reading it now to see what is being borrowed from.

"Something profound" - Me
Old January 7th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #34
Amentep

Can't say that I have that one (or if I do, I don't remember it).

Old January 8th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #35
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I've got that somewhere in my long boxes...will have to fish it out. I do remember that story as the first time (post-Crisis) we saw Bette Kane as Flamebird (rather than Bat-Girl)

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old January 22nd, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #36
[email protected]

So, I am somewhat devastated to see Scott Lobdell has taken over writing chores in upcoming issues.

Abnett was showing such great respect for all the characters and building something that felt right. Lobdell has done nothing but destroy the Titans legacy in Teen Titans and made them something unrecognizable. Charmless. Overly serious. Mercenary. Ugh.

Not ditching this title yet, but if the new issues suddenly ignores the great character stuff Abnett was building or perverts it into unrecognizable nonsense I will be signing off all things Titan for good.

Old January 22nd, 2016   John is offline   #37
John

Still no Wally. I just can't see them doing this without him. He was in almost every Teen Titans adventure from day one. I have a feeling this "Titans Hunt" will be less memorable than the last one in the 90's.

Old January 22nd, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #38
[email protected]

Still no Wally. I just can't see them doing this without him. He was in almost every Teen Titans adventure from day one. I have a feeling this "Titans Hunt" will be less memorable than the last one in the 90's.
ddf
John View Post
I really don't see them being able to work in Wally unless he's a time traveller. They are limited to the confines of what has been set in the nu DC to establish the "secret history".
Dick, Roy, Bette, Hawk & Dove work because they've been around all along. Same with Lillith who was in the early part of the Superboy & Teen Titans run.

Garth, Mal, Gnaark, and Karen hadn't been seen at all yet so history is wide open to do what they want. (Garth's simultaneous intro in Aquaman was very vague...it's been very unclear whether Arthur did or didn't know him; didn't even call him by name until titans Hunt started).

Donna is interesting because she's supposedly "just been born" in the nuDC....which implies she was somehow around before we witnessed her creation in the pages of Wonder Woman. A past life/reincarnation situation.

Wally on the other hand has been introduced but is clearly NOT Kid Flash yet (that's still to come). That's why I think they aren't able to include him.

Old January 25th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #39
Amentep

So, I am somewhat devastated to see Scott Lobdell has taken over writing chores in upcoming issues.
ddf
Dan Abnett has confirmed it was a misprint, he's writing #7.

Old January 25th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #40
[email protected]

Dan Abnett has confirmed it was a misprint, he's writing #7.
ddf
Amentep View Post
Whew! Thank Rao!

Old February 8th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #41
Amentep

Read the most recent issue and again enjoyed it. Real slow burn in terms of the plot unfolding (but they've filled it well).

Old February 10th, 2016   kipster is offline   #42
kipster
Super Hero Support

I've read the first 4 issues and am loving it so far! I do miss Wally, but I'm enjoying all of the other old timers being there!

"We pursue that which retreats from us"
Old February 18th, 2016   imarriedsatanII is offline   #43
imarriedsatanII
Horseman of the Calypso

Kip! Hey oldtimer! lol

Yes, I am absolutely loving "Hunt"! Maybe we'll see Wally by the end. Regardless, I'm loving everything we've gotten so far. I know I'm being greedy now, but Tula and Bette are established, so why not give them and Charlie a nod along with Duela. At least sneak em in somehow. Please? lol

And Astro, yeah you're recalling the right story. Bette, Charlie, Mal, Karen, Mr. Twister, the Gargoyle and the Antithesis all get Who's Who style entries in the back with Perez art. It was a fun story for sure. My favorite part of this to be truthful: Lilith and Gnaark/Caveboy. Takes me to a happy place.
Last edited by imarriedsatanII; February 18th, 2016 at 09:06 PM.

"Something profound" - Me
Old February 18th, 2016   John is offline   #44
John

Yes, I am absolutely loving "Hunt"! Maybe we'll see Wally by the end. Regardless, I'm loving everything we've gotten so far. I know I'm being greedy now, but Tula and Bette are established, so why not give them and Charlie a nod along with Duela. At least sneak em in somehow. Please? lol

And Astro, yeah you're recalling the right story. Bette, Charlie, Mal, Karen, Mr. Twister, the Gargoyle and the Antithesis all get Who's Who style entries in the back with Perez art. It was a fun story for sure. My favorite part of this to be truthful: Lilith and Gnaark/Caveboy. Takes me to a happy place.
ddf
imarriedsatanII View Post
Would love to see Tula, Bette, Charlie and Duela. Remember how Duela showed up at Donna's wedding a little bit "older" than she should have been? I was thinking maybe that was the Earth 2 Duela and the real one from Earth 1 is still out there. It would be an interesting way to tie her into this. They really never fleshed out Duela and her back story that much.

Old February 19th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #45
Amentep

Who's Who style entries in the back with Perez art. It was a fun story for sure. My favorite part of this to be truthful: Lilith and Gnaark/Caveboy. Takes me to a happy place.
ddf
imarriedsatanII View Post
Hahah, yeah its funny as a kid the only Teen Titans comics I had was from after Lilith and Gnaark joined so they are a big part of the TT for me. Having them back in a major way definately makes me happy.

And now my brother can stop pestering me about whether Gnaark's been returned to the TT (neither of us were fans of the "Gnaark existed for one day" NTT retcon).

Old February 24th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #46
[email protected]

Would love to see Tula, Bette, Charlie and Duela. Remember how Duela showed up at Donna's wedding a little bit "older" than she should have been? I was thinking maybe that was the Earth 2 Duela and the real one from Earth 1 is still out there. It would be an interesting way to tie her into this. They really never fleshed out Duela and her back story that much.
ddf
John View Post
With the announcement that there will be a Titans ongoing this Summer (in addition to TT), I'm hopeful we'll see Wally, Bette, Tula and Duela in the book.
If they weren't members in the past, maybe they can at least be members in the future. Bette and Tula's history lines up well enough that they could have been members during the "forgotten" adventures. Wally and Duela not so much, and Charlie hasn't even been introduced yet...but that doesn't mean they can't still join. Right now I'm just thrilled that Lillith, Mal and Gnaark are getting decent airtime in the story.

Another thread that is going to have to be explained eventually...Donna JUST showed up in the pages of WW as a "newborn" from the mystical vat of goo. But Hunt shows her as having a past history...this leads me to believe she had a past history and probably died BEFORE she emerged in the pages of WW. Here we go again with a "Who The Bloody Hell Is Donna Troy?" saga. The more things change...

Old February 25th, 2016   Mr. Wrong is offline   #47
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

With the announcement that there will be a Titans ongoing this Summer (in addition to TT), I'm hopeful we'll see Wally, Bette, Tula and Duela in the book.
If they weren't members in the past, maybe they can at least be members in the future. Bette and Tula's history lines up well enough that they could have been members during the "forgotten" adventures. Wally and Duela not so much, and Charlie hasn't even been introduced yet...but that doesn't mean they can't still join. Right now I'm just thrilled that Lillith, Mal and Gnaark are getting decent airtime in the story.

Another thread that is going to have to be explained eventually...Donna JUST showed up in the pages of WW as a "newborn" from the mystical vat of goo. But Hunt shows her as having a past history...this leads me to believe she had a past history and probably died BEFORE she emerged in the pages of WW. Here we go again with a "Who The Bloody Hell Is Donna Troy?" saga. The more things change...
ddf
I think that's a decent sign that "Rebirth" was probably not planned much more in advance than the New 52 was.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old March 20th, 2016   kipster is offline   #48
kipster
Super Hero Support

Read the new issue, and unfortunately, I'm becoming less and less impressed. As a Donna Troy fan, I had high hopes that she would it into this storyline, without her backstory getting any more confusing or sloppy, but now I don't see that happening. I AM looking forward to seeing how they explain the Dove situation.

"We pursue that which retreats from us"