The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old March 21st, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #49
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

Read the new issue, and unfortunately, I'm becoming less and less impressed. As a Donna Troy fan, I had high hopes that she would it into this storyline, without her backstory getting any more confusing or sloppy, but now I don't see that happening. I AM looking forward to seeing how they explain the Dove situation.
ddf
kipster View Post
I have two theories, given the story has alluded to a dead Titan...

1. The dead Titan is the original Dove. Hawk should know he has a dead brother though, because it was referenced in the New 52 Hawk & Dove series.
Still would make sense that Lillith would be confused by Dawn Granger though.

2. The dead Titan is Donna...or "Donna from her first life". I'm a Donna fan as well, and don't love her new 52 origin of arising from a vat of goo as a murderous Amazon. I wouldn't mind learning she had a previous life as the Wonder Girl we liked, and was ressurrected in the vat of goo. As much as I love Donna, my brain has always melted trying to understand her origins. But frankly the "she emerged from a vat" origin doesn't help much. If her fully revealed origin turns out to be "an adopted Amazon who sacrificed her life, but was magically resurrected", I could live with it.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old March 21st, 2016   mego joe is offline   #50
mego joe
Geoffan

I have two theories, given the story has alluded to a dead Titan...

1. The dead Titan is the original Dove. Hawk should know he has a dead brother though, because it was referenced in the New 52 Hawk & Dove series.
Still would make sense that Lillith would be confused by Dawn Granger though.

2. The dead Titan is Donna...or "Donna from her first life". I'm a Donna fan as well, and don't love her new 52 origin of arising from a vat of goo as a murderous Amazon. I wouldn't mind learning she had a previous life as the Wonder Girl we liked, and was ressurrected in the vat of goo. As much as I love Donna, my brain has always melted trying to understand her origins. But frankly the "she emerged from a vat" origin doesn't help much. If her fully revealed origin turns out to be "an adopted Amazon who sacrificed her life, but was magically resurrected", I could live with it.
ddf
I was hoping that the missing Titan was Wally. The pre-Flashpoint Wally, somehow.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old March 29th, 2016   John is offline   #51
John

I was hoping that the missing Titan was Wally. The pre-Flashpoint Wally, somehow.
ddf
mego joe View Post
Me too! Doesn't look like that's gonna happen

Old 3 Days Ago   Astro@work is offline   #52
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

Me too! Doesn't look like that's gonna happen
ddf
John View Post
Funny reading this now, because it was TOTALLY WALLY! At the time this seemed so far fetched!

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old 2 Days Ago   John is offline   #53
John

Funny reading this now, because it was TOTALLY WALLY! At the time this seemed so far fetched!
ddf
I'm glad he made it back and I am mostly ok with this group, but something still feels...off. Dick, Wally and Roy seem right....but the rest? Meh! I was happy to see Karen back and was waiting for Duela and Betty to hit the scene. Maybe someday!