The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old October 7th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #1
Amentep

Default Gotham Academy

I liked the first issue; its a lot of set-up though and the second issue will need to be pay-off (to some degree) for it to feel like a satisfying launch.

But enough there in the 1st issue to make me want to read the 2nd.

Old October 7th, 2014   Alan is offline   #2
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

It was a good read. Took a long time to get through which is unusual these days. Not sure whether its something I will keep up with yet, can't see yet where it's going, but it was nice to read something from DC that didn't conform to the usual formula.

Old October 7th, 2014   Jake1823 is offline   #3
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Lot of fun. So happy to see Karl Kerschl on a regular book. His art is sooooooo good.

Where is everybody?
Old October 8th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

It was a good read. Took a long time to get through which is unusual these days. Not sure whether its something I will keep up with yet, can't see yet where it's going, but it was nice to read something from DC that didn't conform to the usual formula.
ddf
Alan View Post
Yeah, I don't really want obvious sign posts or foreshadowing, but with so much set-up its hard to get a grasp of where the book is going generally. I think the "direction" of the book might be more apparent after issue 2.

Old July 8th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #5
Amentep

I have kept up with the book through the first storyline. There's a lot of mythologizing of Gotham's history in the book, which is fun. I like the characters and the art is nice.

This issue with Maps and Damian bound together (or were they?) was a lot of fun, with some more history and supernatural ties.

Not being up on a lot of Bat-continuity, was the reference to Batman and the ravens something from existing continuity?

Old March 17th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #6
Amentep

Caught up with the first two issues of the Yearbook storyline. I like the return of the short stories (which, IIRC, was also used in the Annual). It really fleshes the school and the characters out a lot.